Windows 10: How do I get windows to ask me for my pin/password on startup, lock screen and on wake-up

Discus and support How do I get windows to ask me for my pin/password on startup, lock screen and on wake-up in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; im also signing in with my microsoft account instead of a local account submitted by /u/dominic_l [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dominic_l, Jan 18, 2021.

1. How do I get windows to ask me for my pin/password on startup, lock screen and on wake-up

im also signing in with my microsoft account instead of a local account

submitted by /u/dominic_l
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dominic_l, Jan 18, 2021

2. Windows Startup password

Is it possible to remove a startup password without being able to log into the system? A friend's laptop just prompt her today for a password that she never enabled. Now, she does have a standard user account password, but that doesn't work for the startup password. She had the computer for about a year now and it has never asked for a startup password until today.

I tried to use Hiren Boot CD to run a diagnostic on the laptop, but it has a bsod. Windows 10 normal boot crashes as well

GoFigureItOut, Jan 18, 2021
  3. f14tomcat Win User
    Is it possible not to enter the password/PIN at Window startups?

You may have missed a step. After the un-check, click apply, then the next screen will ask for the Pasword twice. Enter and OK. Then OK again. That should do it.

How do I get windows to ask me for my pin/password on startup, lock screen and on wake-up [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Jan 18, 2021
  4. How do I get windows to ask me for my pin/password on startup, lock screen and on wake-up

Windows 10 asking for login password even after upgrading the virus protection on the PC instead of PIN password. How to switch back to PIN password?

Hello Billy,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Do you see Sign-in options option on the lock screen?
    • Are you using Microsoft account to login into the user profile?

If you have set an alpha-numeric password at the installation stage of Windows 10 OS and then changed the sign-in option to PIN password, you will be able to choose between the passwords entries at the login screen of the Windows.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if you see the
    Sign-in options option on the lock screen. If you do, click on the option and check if you can choose and enter PIN password to access your user profile.

Method 2: If the option is not presented on the lock screen and you are using Microsoft account to login into the user profile,
    I suggest you to change the login password from the link below and set PIN password to your user account by following the steps below.

https://account.live.com/password/reset

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Settings and select the top most search result.
    • Select Accounts from the options and click on
      Sign-in options
      from the left side panel of the window.
    • Click on Add under PIN settings, verify your account and setup a new PIN password for your user account.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

How do I get windows to ask me for my pin/password on startup, lock screen and on wake-up

1. How do I get windows to ask me for my pin/password on startup, lock screen and on wake-up - Similar Threads - ask pin password

2. At start up - asking for PIN not password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    At start up - asking for PIN not password: At startup I'm informed there's something wrong with my PIN instead of asking for Password. If I go the reset PIN route and log into my Microsoft Acct. It states a code was sent to my email but sometime I get it but now nothing comes no matter how many time I request it....
  3. At start up - asking for PIN not password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    At start up - asking for PIN not password: At startup I'm informed there's something wrong with my PIN instead of asking for Password. If I go the reset PIN route and log into my Microsoft Acct. It states a code was sent to my email but sometime I get it but now nothing comes no matter how many time I request it....
  4. At start up - asking for PIN not password

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. At start up - asking for PIN not password

6. Windows 10 will not ask me for PIN on startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 will not ask me for PIN on startup: I set up a pin but it will not ask me for it on startup. It works if I lock the computer, but if I restart from the lock screen, it goes right to the desktop with no prompt for the pin. netplwiz does not have the check box for "Users must enter a username and password to use...
  7. Windows 10 will not ask me for PIN on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 will not ask me for PIN on startup: I set up a pin but it will not ask me for it on startup. It works if I lock the computer, but if I restart from the lock screen, it goes right to the desktop with no prompt for the pin. netplwiz does not have the check box for "Users must enter a username and password to use...
  8. Windows 10 will not ask me for PIN on startup

9. Windows 10 does not ask me for PIN or password after startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 does not ask me for PIN or password after startup: In the past I have used a PIN to log in to my desktop. I have removed the PIN for a short period of time and want to start using it again. I went to Settings - Accounts - Sign-In Options and added my new PIN. It says that my PIN is set up to sign in to Windows, etc but when I...
  10. How do i get rid of the pre password screen that asks me questions with pretty pictures and...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i get rid of the pre password screen that asks me questions with pretty pictures and...: HERE IS THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION. It amazed me how many people responded to this question on this forum for LB636... Yet NOBODY KNEW THE ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its easy and you dont have to edit all the scripts and go into gpedit for christs sake!!!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 8 asking for password instead of PIN