Windows 10: How do I get windows to display the whole path in folder?

Discus and support How do I get windows to display the whole path in folder? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I get windows to display the whole path in folder? e.g C:\Users\username\Downloads rather than just downloads?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hao S, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Hao S Win User

How do I get windows to display the whole path in folder?

e.g C:\Users\username\Downloads rather than just downloads?

:)

Hao S, Feb 8, 2020

2. File explorer not displaying complete path for certain folders on Windows 10.

Hi,

The path mentioned in the above description “c:\users\john\downloads” is similar to “Downloads” located under
    Quick access in File explorer.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• When you say “You could paste that path into whatever application”, which application are you referring to?
    • Is the content displayed in “c:\users\john\downloads” file path similar to “Downloads” located under
      Quick access in File explorer?

It is by design that files and folders saved in any of the system folders in
    Users will reflect under same folder in File explorer’s Quick access. Check if the content displayed in “c:\users\john\downloads” file path is similar to “Downloads” located
    under Quick access in File explorer.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of file or folder path displaying completely to copy or paste on an application in the same post for further assistance. Your
    reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 8, 2020
  3. lx07 Win User
    How to make shortcuts open to full folder path and not libraries path?

Unfortunately you can't.

It was mentioned in another thread recently (see Display full path for special folders - Windows 10 Forums)

It is just how current version (both 1703 Creators Update and latest insider build) work.

I find it annoying also - especially if you have moved folders from their default locations. Perhaps we should suggest a change to Microsoft via the feedback app but I've not done that yet as I uninstalled it by mistake ...

lx07, Feb 8, 2020
  4. How do I get windows to display the whole path in folder?

Windows Live email folders

Hi,

I would suggest you locate the Windows Live Mail Folder and see if your important folders are available.

Follow the steps below:

Step 1: Show all hidden Files.

• Click on File Explorer and then click on the View Tab.
    • Check Show Hidden Files/Folders.
    Step 2: Open the WLM Store folder.

• Go to the Mentioned path: C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail
    • Now go to the Storage folders location and look for your important folders.
    • If they are available, follow the steps below.
    • Make a copy of Windows Live Mail Folders and store it in a path you can easily access.
    • Now, open Windows Live Mail Account.
    • Click Alt + F key and press Import Messages.
    • Select Windows Live Mail and click Next.
    • Browse the folder and locate the file.
    • Finally press Next.
    • You will find your imported messages in the Imported folder.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I get windows to display the whole path in folder? - Similar Threads - display whole path

2. How do I get permission to a folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get permission to a folder?: I reseted my laptop and now this drive that I used more has backed up or something and I can't acces it, what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-permission-to-a-folder/3fc13414-6e39-4a7e-8c33-acbf8cb79420
  3. How do I get Recent folders!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get Recent folders!!!!: I've been searching through the forums and despite MANY posts regarding this throughout the years, I found no solution.How do I get a Recent folders option from INSIDE application's menus like save or when uploading files through a browser etc?I'm a UX and UI professional...
  4. How do I sync files and folders in different paths?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I sync files and folders in different paths?: I have both files and folders on my Desktop - and I want to have the same files and folders on my data drive. If I make a change in either a file or folder, no matter which path they are in, I would like them to be synced - so that, if I make a change in one, it will be...
  5. Do permissions get System 32 to delete a file or the whole folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Do permissions get System 32 to delete a file or the whole folder?: How do I get the permissions to delete System 32 (I know that System 32 is the system and important for the system) Berechtigungen kriegen System 32 datein zu löschen oder den ganzen ordner?
  6. New to windows, how do I get the whole computer screen on the monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New to windows, how do I get the whole computer screen on the monitor: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/juliangunther [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fzjqro/new_to_windows_how_do_i_get_the_whole_computer/
  7. how to get display to fill whole screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to get display to fill whole screen?: some how my diaplay screen no longer fills the screen on my win 10 mspro4 tablet. can some one tell me how to get display to fill whole screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-display-to-fill-whole-screen/73c557f9-03ff-4a3d-aef3-80e68513e6ea
  8. How to get/display full path *and* file name of a file?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get/display full path *and* file name of a file?: Hi All, Any way to get/display the full path and file name of a file? It's easy to get the full path, but I want to get the path and file name. I know I can grab them separately. Can I get them together? How? I did a google and youtube search and didn't find any hits....
  9. Display full path for special folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Display full path for special folders: Hi, I recently migrated to Win10 Home Edition x64 from Win7. One thing that is absolutely maddening to me is the inability of seeing the full path in the navigation bar for special folders like "Downloads", "Desktop", "Images" and many more where just their names are...
  10. Taskbar buttons - Why do they display the WHOLE path not the folder??

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar buttons - Why do they display the WHOLE path not the folder??: In Windows 7. The taskbar buttons (not combined - the large version) displayed the current folder name in it. That way you knew which folder you were in and you have a decent overview. If I had fx 3 folders open in Win 7 it would look like this: Fx "CREATIVE FOLDER" "TEXT...