Windows 10: How do I get Windows to give a Word Count for all files?

Discus and support How do I get Windows to give a Word Count for all files? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have noticed this before, and have a screenshot below. I have Windows 10 set to give me a word count in Explorer. It does so around 1/3 of the time.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Paul Rittman, Apr 29, 2020.

1. How do I get Windows to give a Word Count for all files?

I have noticed this before, and have a screenshot below. I have Windows 10 set to give me a word count in Explorer. It does so around 1/3 of the time. Is there a reason why it doesn't do it for all the files? Most of these are .docx files.

How do I get Windows to give a Word Count for all files? [​IMG]

:)

Paul Rittman, Apr 29, 2020

2. Word Count Column in File Explorer

I work primarily with RTF documents. I came across the option in Windows File Explorer to add a "Word Count" column to the File Explorer display. The "Word Count" does display but it gives no count for any of the documents listed in the File Explorer.
    From top to bottom no word count is displayed for any file created in any of the word processors I use. To date my search on the internet has not found a solution to the lack of word counts.

NeilShephard, Apr 29, 2020
  3. I have added the file count column to my folder in File Explorer. However, the actual file count is not displaying.

Hi Loren,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• How did you added file count column for folders in File Explorer? What are the steps did you followed?
    • When you say, "actual file count is not displaying" is this issue specific to any folder or happening with all folders?
    • Have you installed any third party anti-virus on your system?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View from navigation pane and choose Detail pane.
    Write to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Apr 29, 2020
  4. How do I get Windows to give a Word Count for all files?

Word Count Column in File Explorer

Thank you for your answer. My mistake was thinking the presence of the word column option applied to any word processor file as, say, the KB and MB count columns. Another responder to my question informed me the Word Count only applies to files created
    in MS Word. Most of my word processing documents are created in the Atlantis word processor. My error. You and the other replier have given me a better understanding of the matter.

NeilShephard, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

How do I get Windows to give a Word Count for all files?

1. How do I get Windows to give a Word Count for all files? - Similar Threads - Word Count files

2. how to get windows defender scanned file count log.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to get windows defender scanned file count log.: How to get windows defender scanned file count log. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-windows-defender-scanned-file-count-log/8b81d339-7308-48c9-aa5a-53620af2b644
  3. how to get windows defender scanned file count log.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to get windows defender scanned file count log.: How to get windows defender scanned file count log. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-windows-defender-scanned-file-count-log/8b81d339-7308-48c9-aa5a-53620af2b644
  4. How do I Check My Word Count in Wordpad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I Check My Word Count in Wordpad?: At first, I started writing a document in Notepad, and I needed to have a 350 word report. However, I can't count it in Notepad, so is there a way for me to check my word count in Wordpad rather than Notepad?...
  5. How do I Check My Word Count in Wordpad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I Check My Word Count in Wordpad?: At first, I started writing a document in Notepad, and I needed to have a 350 word report. However, I can't count it in Notepad, so is there a way for me to check my word count in Wordpad rather than Notepad?...
  6. How do I password-protect all Word files in a folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I password-protect all Word files in a folder?: Hello, I'm looking to make all the files in a folder on my computer read-only unless a password is entered. There are about 50 files, so an automated method would be ideal. Editing the permissions of the folder won't suit the problem. There needs to be a password that...
  7. Word Count

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word Count: How to find continuous word count in Windows 10. It used to show up at bottom left of screen, now it is nowhere. I'm not looking for total words in doc, just as I type. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-count/eb04c654-a4d8-4210-8129-25c5faf64a9b
  8. getting a word count for multiple word docs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    getting a word count for multiple word docs: Hi All, I am writing a book and now have 240 mini-chapters done, I think about two volumes worth. I can get the file explorer to show the word count for each of them but I can't find how to get a tally for all chapters together. I'm not married to doing this through file...
  9. How can I get a word count for a document?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I get a word count for a document?: How can I get a word count for a document? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-a-word-count-for-a-document/c21c2105-ca42-46b6-824e-c43796edbf9c
  10. how can I get a word count?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how can I get a word count?: How can I get a word count? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-a-word-count/75bd1ca9-101c-4f71-977b-520e2617d5a0