Windows 10: how do I get windows to open my mail

Discus and support how do I get windows to open my mail in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i have my email address set up on my new computer but it isn't working. when i click on my email the box says no mail received yet even though I know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SandraYerby, May 3, 2021.

1. how do I get windows to open my mail

i have my email address set up on my new computer but it isn't working. when i click on my email the box says no mail received yet even though I know email is there because it is coming through my phone

:)

SandraYerby, May 3, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. how do I get windows to open my mail :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 3, 2021
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, May 3, 2021
  4. philc43 Win User

how do I get windows to open my mail

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, May 3, 2021
Thema:

how do I get windows to open my mail

1. how do I get windows to open my mail - Similar Threads - open mail

2. Mail will not open

in Browsers and Email
    Mail will not open: Windows 10 ver 19042.631 Hi All So... booted up the computer this morning went to Mail, and it just flikered on screen and failled to open. I have spent most of the day trying to fix this, Event viewer say this whenever i try to run mail: The server...
  3. default mail app keeps opening a new window

in Windows 10 Customization
    default mail app keeps opening a new window: I got frustrated with the windows 10 mail app relentlessly opening a window of it's own accord so I uninstalled it as I use outlook. Then I got a dialogue box asking me which program I wanted to use presumably it's an email notification so I picked outlook. Now outlook is...
  4. Opening One AOL account in windows 10 mail app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening One AOL account in windows 10 mail app: Hi, I have several AOL email accounts and all are set up in the Windows 10 mail app. One of the accounts that I use all the time just started yesterday, where it keeps saying it cannot connect. I have gone through all the steps, deleted the account, keep putting my...
  5. Can't open PST files with Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open PST files with Mail: Hello. I have a problem : I can't open PST files that I received on my email account with the Windows Mail application. I am using Windows 10. Thank you for your time....
  6. Windows mail will not open the body of email messages from one particular source

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows mail will not open the body of email messages from one particular source: Hello. I get many emails every day, and the Windows [10] Mail app works perfectly except for emails from one particular source only *** Email address is removed for privacy *** a very reputable source sent to my gmail account, for which the body of the emails pictures, links...
  7. Windows Live Mail problem can't open or reply to emails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Live Mail problem can't open or reply to emails: For a while now - since all the recent updates - I've been getting duplicate emails every day, and now I can't open any of them, nor reply. When I do the program just stalls and I cannot shut it down unless I use Taskmanager. Help please!...
  8. Is there a way to open .eml files in Win 10 Mail App as email templates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to open .eml files in Win 10 Mail App as email templates?: Hello. I have some .eml file. If I open it using Outlook it is opened as an email which is ready to be sent I see 'send' button and also 'from' and 'to' address fields. But if I use Win10 Mail App, an .eml file is opened in read-only mode: mail app shows file data, but no...
  9. Default email app is mail but if I am in word and want to share a document it always opens...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default email app is mail but if I am in word and want to share a document it always opens...: HI. Can anyone help me? My default email app is Microsoft Mail but if I am in Word and want to share a document it always opens up Outlook and I cannot find any other setting that will stop outlook opening and set it to Mail instead. Please help, it's dirving me nuts. Thank...
  10. Cannot open Windows Live Mail after update to Win10 Version 20H2

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot open Windows Live Mail after update to Win10 Version 20H2: Just updated to Version 20H2 and had a couple of problems. The first was solved by a group member, and I'm hoping someone else can help with this one. I'm running Windows Live Mail (I know, I know, it's old and unsupported, but I like it), which has run just fine under Win10...