Windows 10: How do I get Windows to reconize my headset mic without the Realtek Audio Drivers?

Discus and support How do I get Windows to reconize my headset mic without the Realtek Audio Drivers? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had to replace my Realtek audio drivers with the generic ones because they were giving me too many problems. However, now Windows doesn't seem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Space Trace, Oct 22, 2020.

1. How do I get Windows to reconize my headset mic without the Realtek Audio Drivers?

I had to replace my Realtek audio drivers with the generic ones because they were giving me too many problems. However, now Windows doesn't seem to recognize my headset microphone and keeps defaulting to my built-in laptop one. Before replacing the drivers, the headset mic worked just fine. I don't want to reinstall the Realtek drivers, so is there a way I can make windows recognize my headset mic without them?

System Info

Windows 10 Pro x64

Update ver - 10.0.18362 Build 18362

System Manufacturer - Dell

Laptop Model - Inspirion 5548

Currently Installed Audio Driver - High Definition Audio Device generic Microsoft-provided one

:)

Space Trace, Oct 22, 2020
  2. Zoladex Win User

Laptop not splitting headset mic & audio?

Hi
    Simple version. When i plug in my headset to my laptop windows10 is not splitting it into one output and one input.

I fixed this years back by setting the popup box 'whats plugged in' from headphone to headset. Then it split the audio and mic. However i had to reinstall windows and now when i select headset it just mutes my laptop mic and audio manager just shows the one mic, but two audio outputs.

It was working before the reset and i have tested the headset on another computer and it is working find.
    So far i tried device manage audio driver install, for both Realtek driver and High Definition driver but either resolve the issue.

Any suggestions why windows would pick up one and not the other?

I currently have it set to headphone plugged in so that i can use my laptop mic, but ive been told i sound really bad *Sad

Cheers,
    Zola

Zoladex, Oct 22, 2020
  3. Windbrand Win User
    Laptop won't detect built-in mic on headsets/earbuds

I'm running Windows 10 home on a Lenovo Ideapad laptop, and it doesn't detect the mic on any of my headsets/earbuds. I can hear playback fine on my headsets/earbuds, but it can't speak through them, since it insists on using the laptop's internal mic. This results in my typing/mouse clicks all being captured on audio.

• In sound properties recording tab, I just see "microphone (Realtek high def audio)" and "stereo mix (Realtek high def audio)"
    • In sound properties playback tab, I just see "speakers (Realtek high def audio)", yet I hear audio fine on my headsets/earbuds?
    • In device manager, it doesn't detect a headset either, displays the same list as the recording tab
    So do all 3 of my headsets/earbuds have some kind of "plug and play but stays invisible to the OS" feature? One of them is the default Apple earbuds, I'm 100% sure there's a mic on there and these are brand new, so they aren't broken. Are these not supposed to appear as a "headset" device with the headset icon in sound properties?

Windbrand, Oct 22, 2020
  4. NotHusin Win User

How do I get Windows to reconize my headset mic without the Realtek Audio Drivers?

Headphones and mic Realtek audio manager

heres the problem im using windows 10 and realtek hd audio driver

im using a headset (gaming like) with dedicated mic and the mic is better in the headset then the laptop heres my problem

how do i use the mic in the headset i already use a spiliter and configure the setting the mic works perfectly if i plug it onto my pc alone
    how do i use it while the my headset is working and the mic works to?

note

i already do test on my own trying every option that i know.

NotHusin, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

How do I get Windows to reconize my headset mic without the Realtek Audio Drivers?

1. How do I get Windows to reconize my headset mic without the Realtek Audio Drivers? - Similar Threads - reconize headset mic

2. Realtek audio driver not detecting headset mic.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek audio driver not detecting headset mic.: My drivers are updated, ROG PC, the headset works with literally every other system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-audio-driver-not-detecting-headset-mic/f9affa0f-3b2b-4bc5-b315-f5fd439f21b1
  3. Realtek audio driver not detecting headset mic.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek audio driver not detecting headset mic.: My drivers are updated, ROG PC, the headset works with literally every other system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-audio-driver-not-detecting-headset-mic/f9affa0f-3b2b-4bc5-b315-f5fd439f21b1
  4. How do I get my Realtek Audio Driver back???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my Realtek Audio Driver back???: For the past four months, I've had no sound on my computer. It just happened when I restarted my computer for Windows 11, and I had an X on the speaker icon ever since. When I click on the Speaker icon, it takes me to the menu with the Wi-Fi and the battery, but then I click...
  5. How do I get my Realtek Audio Driver back???

How do I get my Realtek Audio Driver back???: For the past four months, I've had no sound on my computer. It just happened when I restarted my computer for Windows 11, and I had an X on the speaker icon ever since. When I click on the Speaker icon, it takes me to the menu with the Wi-Fi and the battery, but then I click...
  6. My turtle beach Recon 70 headset mic isn't working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My turtle beach Recon 70 headset mic isn't working.: To make it brief, it plays audio directly into my headset speakers as an output, I just need it to be connected as an input. I've tried multiple methods like reinstalling the drivers, but they were on the newest ones, even when uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them....
  7. My turtle beach Recon 70 headset mic isn't working.

My turtle beach Recon 70 headset mic isn't working.: To make it brief, it plays audio directly into my headset speakers as an output, I just need it to be connected as an input. I've tried multiple methods like reinstalling the drivers, but they were on the newest ones, even when uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them....
  8. Headset Mic not working with Realtek Audio Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset Mic not working with Realtek Audio Driver: I have the Logitech G332 headset and the RealtekR Audio driver installed on device manager, but in my control panel under sound and recording, it says "Jack Mic" isn't plugged in even though my audio still works fine. I'm not sure why Realtek isn't detecting my mic....
  9. Realtek Audio mic drivers not working

Realtek Audio mic drivers not working: I Have the drivers of realtek my speakers are working but my mic is not working plzz help i am not finding any solution from 1 year I tried to search it on youtube but today i found that i can ask questions from you and as I try to download the drivers the downloading speed...
  10. How do I get my Headset Mic to work Instead of my Laptop Mic?

How do I get my Headset Mic to work Instead of my Laptop Mic?: I have an Astro A10 and I when I plug it into the jack, I can hear sound In the headphones, however my computer mic is what records sounds when I am talking. I want to use my headset mic, not my PC mic. Any help?...