Windows 10: How do i get windows to register my headset.

Discus and support How do i get windows to register my headset. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When i plug in my headset it stays on the same option which is "Speakers/Headphones RealtekR Audio" but i want to use the mic in my headset and not the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mlgnoscp, Dec 14, 2020.

1. mlgnoscp Win User

How do i get windows to register my headset.

When i plug in my headset it stays on the same option which is "Speakers/Headphones RealtekR Audio" but i want to use the mic in my headset and not the internal one I am on a laptop.

:)

mlgnoscp, Dec 14, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue How do i get windows to register my headset. :p

cadaveca, Dec 14, 2020
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    Headset microphone not working in windows 10

Thank you for the feedback. Since you have tried all the troubleshooting steps in the article, it's possible that the issue lies with the hardware or it's driver. To assist you further, please provide the following information:

• Have you tried the headset on a different Windows 10 computer?
    • Have you tried connecting a different headset on your PC?

We suggest that you contact the manufacturer of your PC to check the headset jack for issues. Also try to reach out to the manufacturer of your headset to
    check if they have a new driver for the recent Windows 10 updates.

Keep us posted.

Jay Jap, Dec 14, 2020
  4. How do i get windows to register my headset.

Headset not registering in-game

I'm using an xbox 360 controller / wireless receiver. No cords except for the xbox360 specific headset that plugs into the controller itself.

It registers on the computer in the sound device settings. I can hear it, the computer says OK you're good to go but in the game it doesn't register at all. I still have a mic with an X through it in Forza Horizon 3. Also fails to work in Black Ops 2 and Crossout.

gettheclicker, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

How do i get windows to register my headset.

1. How do i get windows to register my headset. - Similar Threads - register headset

2. Brand-new headset mic+headphones registers extremely quiet audio input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand-new headset mic+headphones registers extremely quiet audio input: I am using a recently bought 'JBL Quantum 100, Wired Over Ear Gaming Headset with Detachable Mic'. For many days I have struggled to get the microphone to register any noise at all. I have already gone to the sound control panel and set the 'levels' tab microphone to 100%....
  3. Brand-new headset mic+headphones registers extremely quiet audio input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brand-new headset mic+headphones registers extremely quiet audio input: I am using a recently bought 'JBL Quantum 100, Wired Over Ear Gaming Headset with Detachable Mic'. For many days I have struggled to get the microphone to register any noise at all. I have already gone to the sound control panel and set the 'levels' tab microphone to 100%....
  4. Windows 11 is Registering my Gaming Headset Audeze Penrose as a xbox controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is Registering my Gaming Headset Audeze Penrose as a xbox controller: I have done driver updates, rollbacks, and what not. I cant find anywhere in settings where i can tell windows that this is a headset with a mic. every time i go into discord it does not register my mic and the only work around is restarting the computer. Very annoying....
  5. Windows 11 is Registering my Gaming Headset Audeze Penrose as a xbox controller

Windows 11 is Registering my Gaming Headset Audeze Penrose as a xbox controller: I have done driver updates, rollbacks, and what not. I cant find anywhere in settings where i can tell windows that this is a headset with a mic. every time i go into discord it does not register my mic and the only work around is restarting the computer. Very annoying....
  6. Laptop not register headset/headphones when plugging in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not register headset/headphones when plugging in.: I have a Dell XPS 13 7390 laptop and the problem is that whenever I plug in my headphones they are not registering as being plugged in. At the moment right now, in the sound control panel thing, the Headphones say they are ready, but the my headphones are not even plugged in....
  7. Laptop not register headset/headphones when plugging in.

Laptop not register headset/headphones when plugging in.: I have a Dell XPS 13 7390 laptop and the problem is that whenever I plug in my headphones they are not registering as being plugged in. At the moment right now, in the sound control panel thing, the Headphones say they are ready, but the my headphones are not even plugged in....
  8. Laptop not register headset/headphones when plugging in.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Headset only registers as sound or microphone.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset only registers as sound or microphone.: Hello, I currently have a pair of Astro A10s that have been working perfectly fine until yesterday. I have two 3.5mm ports one which is green, and one which is pink and blue. I used to have it plugged into the blue and pink one. But once I unplugged it and plugged it back in...
  10. Headset only registers as sound or microphone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset only registers as sound or microphone.: Hello, I currently have a pair of Astro A10s that have been working perfectly fine until yesterday. I have two 3.5mm ports one which is green, and one which is pink and blue. I used to have it plugged into the blue and pink one. But once I unplugged it and plugged it back in...