Windows 10: How do I get Windows to STOP BLOCKING CHROME AND STOP CHANGING MY INTERNET SETTINGS????

Discus and support How do I get Windows to STOP BLOCKING CHROME AND STOP CHANGING MY INTERNET SETTINGS???? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It seems like every other time I allow a Windows update, I lose access to either the Internet, or Chrome, or BOTH. I then have to resort to settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gurlfrond, Aug 11, 2021.

1. gurlfrond Win User

How do I get Windows to STOP BLOCKING CHROME AND STOP CHANGING MY INTERNET SETTINGS????

It seems like every other time I allow a Windows update, I lose access to either the Internet, or Chrome, or BOTH. I then have to resort to settings prior to the update. HOW do I find the internet settings and App settings to allow Chrome and my TRUSTED HOME INTERNET SERVICE to work WITHOUT RESTRICTIONS FROM WINDOWS??

:)

gurlfrond, Aug 11, 2021

2. Internet Explorer has stopped working

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing Internet Explorer on your device as it crashes.

Do let us know:

• If you have made any changes to the operating system that might have resulted in causing this issue?
    • If you were able to see any error code/ error message when Internet Explorer crashes?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onInternet Explorer Performance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to perform some of the troubleshooting steps from the link below link, Turn off add-ons, Reset Internet Explorer Settings, Open the page in Compatibility View etc. and check if it helps:

What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings
    feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you
    use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Also re-enable the add-ons..

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 11, 2021
  3. cereberus Win User
    Stop Edge blocking downloads

Edge keeps blocking downloads and I have to select keep from pull down menu.

I know it is not Defender, as Chrome is fine.

How do I get Windows to STOP BLOCKING CHROME AND STOP CHANGING MY INTERNET SETTINGS???? [​IMG]

I cannot find a setting to stop this annoying behaviour.

Anybody know how to stop this?

cereberus, Aug 11, 2021
  4. How do I get Windows to STOP BLOCKING CHROME AND STOP CHANGING MY INTERNET SETTINGS????

Internet Access Blocked on Google Chrome

Until recently, Google Chrome was working on my computer but of late it just says the following:

Your Internet access is blocked

Firewall or antivirus software may have blocked the connection

Try:

• Checking the connection
    • Checking firewall and antivirus configurations
    • Running Windows Network Diagnostics
    ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED

I can only access the internet with Microsoft Edge. When I check firewall settings on McAfee, there are no internet restrictions for Google Chrome. Even Microsoft Teams refuses to open, saying "We couldn't connect to the internet. Try Checking you connection."
    Of course, nothing is wrong with my wifi.

How do I address this issue?

Sakaria Mwiiyale, Aug 11, 2021
Thema:

How do I get Windows to STOP BLOCKING CHROME AND STOP CHANGING MY INTERNET SETTINGS????

1. How do I get Windows to STOP BLOCKING CHROME AND STOP CHANGING MY INTERNET SETTINGS???? - Similar Threads - STOP BLOCKING CHROME

2. How do I get this to stop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get this to stop?: I've been noticing for the past few months my pc has been goin on about my boot media, I go into BIOS and notice that it switches the boot manager to hard disk and it doesn't let me switch it back, I don't have the money to buy a new PC and I've looked everywhere and just can...
  3. How do I get this to stop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get this to stop?: I've been noticing for the past few months my pc has been goin on about my boot media, I go into BIOS and notice that it switches the boot manager to hard disk and it doesn't let me switch it back, I don't have the money to buy a new PC and I've looked everywhere and just can...
  4. How do I stop computer to stop losing Internet connection>

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop computer to stop losing Internet connection>: After KB5029263 update, system loses internet connection and requires a reboot to get Internet connection back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-computer-to-stop-losing-internet/d5f30861-b6f3-46db-bd90-4dcbcce5b7f0
  5. How do I stop computer to stop losing Internet connection>

How do I stop computer to stop losing Internet connection>: After KB5029263 update, system loses internet connection and requires a reboot to get Internet connection back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-computer-to-stop-losing-internet/d5f30861-b6f3-46db-bd90-4dcbcce5b7f0
  6. How do I stop POPUPS in Chrome?

How do I stop POPUPS in Chrome?: I switched over to Chrome awhile back because of problems with Firefox and now I’m constantly getting Popups especially when I view the news. Every time I close Chrome there is another window behind it and sometimes it is playing an advertisement video with sound that drowns...
  7. How Do I Stop Microsoft From Changing My Settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Do I Stop Microsoft From Changing My Settings?: I have a program in Startup. I use this program every single day, every time I boot my PC. I set it to Enable in the Startup section. Each time I start my PC, it is not run and the setting is changed to Disable. I also set the Power Management feature to never turn off my...
  8. How do I stop Microsoft from changing my settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I stop Microsoft from changing my settings?: I like things my way. I like them my way because that's the way my brain works and this is what I'm used to and what works for me. So how do I get MS to stop changing my settings with every. single. update? I don't want anything on my computer in any folder anywhere...
  9. How do I stop / change time OR block internet access to an app that I downloaded from...

How do I stop / change time OR block internet access to an app that I downloaded from...: I have downloaded an app called Complete Anatomy from Microsoft store. I then showed hidden files in order to access the WindowsApps folder in Program Files. It had what I was looking for, the .exe file of the app shown in the pic below. I used windows firewall to block...
  10. Stop changing my settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stop changing my settings: Dear Microsoft, Please stop changing my settings every time you install an update. It's my computer not yours. Having to go back and change things is a waste of my time. Also, please provide some estimate of how long an update will take so I don't lose hours of my time,...