Windows 10: How do i give mp4 files an icon/picture if they don't already have one?

Discus and support How do i give mp4 files an icon/picture if they don't already have one? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Normally when i download a mp4 video, it selects a random frame from the video as the icon for that file. But when i'm downloading a webm video and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SomeFatSeal, Apr 5, 2020.

1. How do i give mp4 files an icon/picture if they don't already have one?

Normally when i download a mp4 video, it selects a random frame from the video as the icon for that file. But when i'm downloading a webm video and change it to mp4 it doesn't have one. Is there anyway to give it either a custom icon or a random frame from the video?

submitted by /u/SomeFatSeal
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SomeFatSeal, Apr 5, 2020

2. MP4 file.

Hello Greg,

I can not save my MP4 file,as I can not find my MP4 file.

I have tried Share,near the top,(on my Pictures page),and the arrow to the

left another Share. I did a left click on the email icon,nothing works.

I tried *.MP4 after I entered the Start button on my Desktop. No help.

I found a video on YouTube,and copied the HTTP address just like I have

done many time before on Windows 7. I did this before I tried to do the

share.

I also looked for a insert box,never found it.

But,unless some will take to me on the phone and tell me the steps,step

by step,I will never be able to do this.

Thanks,

A.W,

AlbWhitman1, Apr 5, 2020
  3. Jules1955 Win User
    Some MP4 Files Are Not Displaying Icons in File Explorer

I've ripped several DVDs to MP4s. In Windows (7 or 10 - 64bit) file explorer, some of the icons for the MP4 files display as the movie poster and some of the icons appear as a snapshot of the 1st still
    (e.g. opening credits vs. movie poster). Is there a way to get all the MP4 icons to display as movie posters? Note: All movies play as expected.

Thanks for your help.

• Are you referring to a particular file or the folder?

Files: some .mp4 files are not displaying an icon like the others...see details in the attached example.

Folder: Video Folder
    • Have you converted these files using third party converter?

Yes, I converted these files to .mp4 using Handbrake. Note: I used Handbrake on all the files I converted. Some of the icons display correctly as movie posters and some do not. I cannot find the root cause.

• Is the issue specific to a particular file format or you cannot see the thumbnails of all formats?

As I mentioned in my original post, I can see the movie poster icon for some of the .mp4 files, but not all of them. Not clear why the display is inconsistent.

How do i give mp4 files an icon/picture if they don't already have one? 59e71f5c-5a69-4845-91bf-4b31a2d0bace.png

Jules1955, Apr 5, 2020
  4. How do i give mp4 files an icon/picture if they don't already have one?

USB doesn't display MP4 file!

I have a 300kb mix of .png, .jpg, .pdf files on a 4Gb USB drive. I added a 2Gb MP4 movie but it doesn't display in the drive files. I used CCleaner to check the drive F files .. it only shows up as 2Gb of OTHER FILES, but not in the listed files.

Any (constructive) suggestions welcome. I can't remove it as it doesn't show in the file list.

GregNeedsHelp, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

How do i give mp4 files an icon/picture if they don't already have one?

1. How do i give mp4 files an icon/picture if they don't already have one? - Similar Threads - mp4 files icon

2. How to move one picture position in a file of pictures?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move one picture position in a file of pictures?: Within a file folder of pictures, how can I make the last picture, which is an added index, the first picture without changing the other picture order?...
  3. How to move one picture position in a file of pictures?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move one picture position in a file of pictures?: Within a file folder of pictures, how can I make the last picture, which is an added index, the first picture without changing the other picture order?...
  4. How do I find 'vc_runtimeMinium_x64.msi' in my files when I don't have one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find 'vc_runtimeMinium_x64.msi' in my files when I don't have one?: I installed steam and downloaded a game and it started to play then it told me it's installing something called Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime in order to run the Steam Game.After 2 minutes it didn't install then it gave me this message saying thisMicrosoft Visual C++ 2019 X64...
  5. How do I find 'vc_runtimeMinium_x64.msi' in my files when I don't have one?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I find 'vc_runtimeMinium_x64.msi' in my files when I don't have one?: I installed steam and downloaded a game and it started to play then it told me it's installing something called Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime in order to run the Steam Game.After 2 minutes it didn't install then it gave me this message saying thisMicrosoft Visual C++ 2019 X64...
  6. how do i convert m4v files to mp4

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i convert m4v files to mp4: i need to convert m4v files to mp4 to use with television https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-convert-m4v-files-to-mp4/678a4c77-b435-435c-a00e-7cfae7bc5d15
  7. MP4 Files have gone

MP4 Files have gone: Hi. Ive been using Resolve video editor for a while now and tonight i noticed that i couldnt save my video as an mp4...strange. i exit out and i go to the folder where all my old videos are and theyre all gone! Cannot be found! when i go to file explorer, i can see a...
  8. how to change the icon of an mp4 file?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to change the icon of an mp4 file?: im trying to make something but i want to change the thumbnail of the file but i dont know how submitted by /u/alliumCepa857 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j0llxf/how_to_change_the_icon_of_an_mp4_file/
  9. How do I view pictures that are saved in a file. All I see are numbers or picture icons. I...

How do I view pictures that are saved in a file. All I see are numbers or picture icons. I...: How do I view pictures that are saved in a file. All I see are numbers or picture icons. I want to select which picture I want to use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-view-pictures-that-are-saved-in-a-file/02086856-76ae-41b8-9321-301fc2e18f3a"
  10. How do I picture to be thumbnail and not icons?

How do I picture to be thumbnail and not icons?: How do I get pictures to show as thumbnails rather than icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-picture-to-be-thumbnail-and-not-icons/6b649472-7839-4370-bfb0-d0b47a998e81"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do you change mp4 file icon to a movie poster