Windows 10: How do I give my C: drive more space?

Discus and support How do I give my C: drive more space? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; On the Windows 10 first boot screen, I accidentally allocated only 30GB of my SSD to my PC, when I intended to only let Windows' operations use 30GB.I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by wallwraf, Jun 23, 2024.

1. wallwraf Win User

How do I give my C: drive more space?

On the Windows 10 first boot screen, I accidentally allocated only 30GB of my SSD to my PC, when I intended to only let Windows' operations use 30GB.I no longer care to do that and would rather have the rest of my SSD all allocated to the C: drive, but I can't extend the disk because the unallocated space is not directly next to my C: drive.

:)

wallwraf, Jun 23, 2024

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Jun 23, 2024
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CHow do I give my C: drive more space? :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Jun 23, 2024
  4. Anwille Win User

extend c drive storage space

Hi, I'm , an Independent Advisor.

Disk Management is a Windows built-in tool that supports to increase partition size with its "Extend Volume" feature. However, the program has some limitations in increasing disk space:

- Extend Volume only works on NTFS and RAW partition. FAT32 and other file systems are not supported.

- The Extend Volume will grey out if there is no adjacent unallocated space behind the target partition.

So, the ways to increasing C drive with or without adjacent unallocated space are different. Open the Disk Management, and follow the right tutorials listed below to extend the local disk C drive on your own now:

#1. Increase C Drive Space with Adjacent Unallocated Space

Step 1. Right-click This PC/My Computer, click "Manage", select "Disk Management" under Storage.

Step 2. Locate and right-click on the local disk C drive, and choose "Extend Volume".

Step 3. Set and add more space to your system C drive and click "Next" to continue.

Step 4. Click "Finish" to complete the process.

Note that if that unallocated space on your system disk is not behind the C drive, you can't extend C drive in Disk Management.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can help you further!

Anwille, Jun 23, 2024
Thema:

1. How do I give my C: drive more space? - Similar Threads - drive more space

2. How do I give my C: drive more space?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I give my C: drive more space?: On the Windows 10 first boot screen, I accidentally allocated only 30GB of my SSD to my PC, when I intended to only let Windows' operations use 30GB.I no longer care to do that and would rather have the rest of my SSD all allocated to the C: drive, but I can't extend the disk...
  3. How do I give my C: drive more space?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I give my C: drive more space?: On the Windows 10 first boot screen, I accidentally allocated only 30GB of my SSD to my PC, when I intended to only let Windows' operations use 30GB.I no longer care to do that and would rather have the rest of my SSD all allocated to the C: drive, but I can't extend the disk...
  4. How do I allocate more space to my C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I allocate more space to my C drive: I am not able to attach screen shots but I have a 500 GB hard drive that contains my Windows system, though it is partitioned to only use ~120 GB. How do I increase the value from disk management when the option is greyed out....
  5. How do I allocate more space to my C drive

How do I allocate more space to my C drive: I am not able to attach screen shots but I have a 500 GB hard drive that contains my Windows system, though it is partitioned to only use ~120 GB. How do I increase the value from disk management when the option is greyed out....
  6. Need more space on the C: drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need more space on the C: drive: I have allot of free disk space on my D: drive but none on my C: drive. I cannot extend the C: volume. How can I free up disk space? I moved all that I could to the D: drive already. I have a HP Windows 10 system....
  7. How do I clear more space on my C Drive? Windows 10

How do I clear more space on my C Drive? Windows 10: I tried four or five times to install the 2022-06 Cumulative Update Preview KB5014666 but couldn't so I created this question. Rodrigo.Queiroz sorted it out for me by advising me to run Disk Cleanup.However my problems remains, as you'll see from this alert:What steps can I...
  8. How do I clear more space on my C Drive? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I clear more space on my C Drive? Windows 10: I tried four or five times to install the 2022-06 Cumulative Update Preview KB5014666 but couldn't so I created this question. Rodrigo.Queiroz sorted it out for me by advising me to run Disk Cleanup.However my problems remains, as you'll see from this alert:What steps can I...
  9. How do I clear more space on my C Drive? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. How can I give more space to the D: drive from C: drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I give more space to the D: drive from C: drive?: So, I have two partitions on my windows 10 So how can I give more space to the D: drive from the C: drive Is there a way to make it so, the D: drive gets more storage from the C: drive. submitted by /u/AustralianZach [link] [comments]...