Windows 10: How do I give myself Administrators right etc.

Discus and support How do I give myself Administrators right etc. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am the only User and am the Administrator. When I received my PC back from the tech people after a problem and they had to reinstall Windows 10 I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AllanRiscUser, Jun 26, 2021.

1. How do I give myself Administrators right etc.

I am the only User and am the Administrator. When I received my PC back from the tech people after a problem and they had to reinstall Windows 10 I noticed that I did not need to enter a PIN to be able to use my PC. So I decided to set one up using the Settings Menu and all appeared correct until I tried to save some work to my C drive only to be told I did not have permission to save there but could save to my User file and that I should get permission from The Administrator, in other word myself. HELP, how do I do this, I have tried Taking Ownership of the C drive but still not able to save

:)

AllanRiscUser, Jun 26, 2021

2. Administrator Rights

We suggest creating a new local user account and delete the previous account. Check the article below and follow the steps given.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

Follow the steps below to delete user account.

• Press Windows + X, select the Control Panel.
    • Click User accounts.
    • Click Manage other account.
    • Enter administrator account password if prompted.
    • Click the account which you want to delete.
    • Click Delete the account.
    • Restart PC.
    Let us know how it goes.

Reymichael Ros, Jun 26, 2021
  3. DougS9614 Win User
    DougS9614, Jun 26, 2021
  4. How do I give myself Administrators right etc.

No Administrator Rights On The PC (Windows 10)

Hi Fozia,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

To start Windows 10 in safe mode with command prompt:

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open Settings menu.
    • Select Update & security and click on Recovery.
    • Go to Advanced startup and select
      Restart now
    • After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, select a startup setting as Safe Mode with command prompt by pressing the corresponding number.
    Step 2:

Follow the below steps to enable Built in Administrator:

• Open Command Prompt from Windows Recovery Environment.

• Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active:yes

3. Close the Command Prompt.

4. Try to login though Built in Administrator and change the other user account privileges to Administrator.

5. You may create new user account also and assign the administrative privileges to the account.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jun 26, 2021
Thema:

How do I give myself Administrators right etc.

1. How do I give myself Administrators right etc. - Similar Threads - myself Administrators right

2. how do I make myself administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I make myself administrator: when i reinstalled windows a random account called administrator came up and i tried to log into it wit my password and it didnt work so i add to create a non administrator account and now i need to know how to change myself to one, when i got in control panel to try do it,...
  3. how do I make myself administrator

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how do I make myself administrator: when i reinstalled windows a random account called administrator came up and i tried to log into it wit my password and it didnt work so i add to create a non administrator account and now i need to know how to change myself to one, when i got in control panel to try do it,...
  4. how do I make myself administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How do I make myself an administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make myself an administrator: Hi Microsoft community I am interested in knowing how I put myself on administrator as My school put me on standard accountAny answers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-myself-an-administrator/cc95897d-c306-436a-a15d-4750881f8199
  6. How do I make myself an administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make myself an administrator: Hi Microsoft community I am interested in knowing how I put myself on administrator as My school put me on standard accountAny answers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-myself-an-administrator/cc95897d-c306-436a-a15d-4750881f8199
  7. How do I make myself an administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. how do i set myself as the administrator?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how do i set myself as the administrator?: i am trying to set my microsoft account as admin. i can not get to the account user roles that apparently is so easy to get to in the settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-myself-as-the-administrator/c7fec36b-d7ae-49cb-b811-335faa420ccc
  9. How do I make myself the administrator

How do I make myself the administrator: I need to run m a script that automatically open the command prompt but does not run as it tells me that I need to contact the administrator. I am the only user and it is my personal laptop. How to I make myself the administrator so that this script will run? The script is...
  10. How do I make myself an Administrator?

How do I make myself an Administrator?: I am the only one who uses my laptop and I am trying to copy files over from my laptop to an external hard drive to migrate over to a new computer but when I move certain files I get an error message that I have to be an administrator. I've had this computer for years and...