Windows 10: How do I go about deleting my Hard Drive "CLEAN?"

Discus and support How do I go about deleting my Hard Drive "CLEAN?" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can you give me step by step instructions? Thank You, in advance. Sincerely, Frank Portelli... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FrankPortelli1, Jun 30, 2020.

1. How do I go about deleting my Hard Drive "CLEAN?"

Can you give me step by step instructions? Thank You, in advance.

Sincerely,

Frank Portelli

:)

FrankPortelli1, Jun 30, 2020
  2. MatTheCat Win User

How do you recover a deleted partition on a hard drive?

I was putting together my mothers new PC (mainly my old components) and decided that her hardrives were a mess and that I was going to merge the partitions.

On one the drives, I deleted and formatted partition B, and tried to merge it with partition A, simply by extending partition A to encompass the remaining capacity on the physical drive. Much to my horror however, the end result was that the whole of the physical drive was rendered into 500GB of 'Unallocated Space'.

There was lots of very important files on that hard-drive and losing them would be totally out of the question.

Does anyone know how to go about recovering a deleted partition?

MatTheCat, Jun 30, 2020
  3. How to Partiton a Hard Drive in Vista

This is a way to get Vista to see another hard drive that is not associated with the OS. There is some times when your new hdd doesn't seem to want to work well with Vista. But, there is a solution in it.

Open the Computer Management By doing these steps.
    • Click on the Start Button
    • Click on Control Panel
    • Click Administrative Tools
    • Double click on Computer Management
    You are now in the Navigation panel of the Computer Management.
    When in Computer Management, you then have to allow the new drive to be recognized.
    • Double click on Storage
    • Double click on Disk Management
    Now in the middle of your screen there is the layout of the Disk Drives that you have. The drives that are partitioned will show by the drive lettering. The others will just show up as having nothing at all in them. Below that there will be the Disk drives that are installed into the computer. You'll see that the primary one will all ways read as "Disk 0". Then you will have Disk 1 and so on. Under the Disks there will also see your CD-Rom drives.. If there is more then one, it will be labeled the same as Disk drives..

On to the Partitioning of the drive in question.
    • Right Click on the drive
    • Click to format the drive or Enable Volume. There will be a series of windows that open up. This is Vista's formatting. Just go threw the windows, and make sure everything is the way you want it to happen.
    • Once the formatting is done, will take some time depending on the drive size.
    • Right click on the drive
    • Click on Mark the Partition as Active
    After you have done those steps, The drive will be up and running threw Vista.

:Side Notes:
    If you are not the Administer to the Os, then you will have to enable it..
    You may also want to redo the drive lettering of it all. But, I really don't see a reason to do so. If you do, you have to redo drive paths and so forth.. A lot of work on something so small...

Cold Storm, Jun 30, 2020
  4. How do I go about deleting my Hard Drive "CLEAN?"

Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown How do I go about deleting my Hard Drive "CLEAN?" :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

How do I go about deleting my Hard Drive "CLEAN?"

1. How do I go about deleting my Hard Drive "CLEAN?" - Similar Threads - deleting Hard Drive

2. how to clean hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to clean hard drive: remove files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clean-hard-drive/d2d6764a-b5ae-43ef-af5d-4d2478390843
  3. how to clean hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to clean hard drive: remove files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clean-hard-drive/d2d6764a-b5ae-43ef-af5d-4d2478390843
  4. I accidentally deleted SearchHost.exe, how do I go about re-installing it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted SearchHost.exe, how do I go about re-installing it?: I accidentally deleted SearchHost.exe, how do I go about re-installing it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-deleted-searchhostexe-how-do-i-go/935b83fd-d782-43a6-8870-7b070fb26998
  5. I accidentally deleted SearchHost.exe, how do I go about re-installing it?

I accidentally deleted SearchHost.exe, how do I go about re-installing it?: I accidentally deleted SearchHost.exe, how do I go about re-installing it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-deleted-searchhostexe-how-do-i-go/935b83fd-d782-43a6-8870-7b070fb26998
  6. How do I go about recovering my account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I go about recovering my account?: Hello, recently a lot of my accounts got hacked somehow, apparently it was from a data breach in a company. I can't get into my Microsoft account because the hacker changed my email, phone number, and password. I really don't know what to do here, I am really at a loss and I...
  7. How do I go about recovering my account?

How do I go about recovering my account?: Hello, recently a lot of my accounts got hacked somehow, apparently it was from a data breach in a company. I can't get into my Microsoft account because the hacker changed my email, phone number, and password. I really don't know what to do here, I am really at a loss and I...
  8. How do I recover a deleted Hard drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I recover a deleted Hard drive?: So about a year ago, I thought it was a good idea to delete my 1TB Internal HDD because i already had a 1TB SSD Drive, the reason i did this was because i wanted my computer to be more silent and I thought the hard drive was the problem. I also later went on to plug the HDD...
  9. I cleaned hard drive clean

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cleaned hard drive clean: I cleaned my ASUS X453M hard drive totally clean, i don't know how to download windows on it cause i don't have a flash drive. I tried to use that hard drive to download windows on it, and it did not worki used youtube videos i found....
  10. How to wipe a hard drive clean?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to wipe a hard drive clean?: Hey there mates. I'm currently in the process of building a new computer and am aiming to nuke my old hard drive due to the fact that I'll be using it as a sort of secondary drive for the bulk of items, but I'll be using a new SSD as the drive that contains the OS. On top...