Windows 10: How do I go back to a dark background at the bottom of the screen?

Discus and support How do I go back to a dark background at the bottom of the screen? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just spent at least an hour waiting for my PC to be ready after a major update. Now, the bottom of the screen type here to search, Cortana, task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KramdenAntiVirus, Aug 2, 2020.

1. How do I go back to a dark background at the bottom of the screen?

I just spent at least an hour waiting for my PC to be ready after a major update. Now, the bottom of the screen type here to search, Cortana, task view, Edge, Explorer, speaker, cloud, McAfee, calendar, mail nofications is white after it has always been black. That makes it hard for me to see things since the part of the screen where I actually do stuff is also white.

:)

KramdenAntiVirus, Aug 2, 2020
  2. YOU
    You Win User

Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • How do I go back to a dark background at the bottom of the screen? [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

3. Anne Ros Win User
    how do i change the background on wakeup

Hi Gerald,

It might be due to recent changes made on your computer. To change the background picture of your lock screen, follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings, select Personalization.
    • Choose Lock screen. You can change the background from there.
    • You can choose either a slideshow, a picture, or Windows spotlight to appear on your background.

If anything comes up, don't hesitate to get back to us anytime.

Anne Ros, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

How do I go back to a dark background at the bottom of the screen?

How do I disable Microsoft edge so it doesn't continually run in the background?

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open
      Settings
      , and click on the
      Privacy icon.

• Select Background apps at the bottom left corner.

• Turn off Microsoft Edge and check if it helps.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

How do I go back to a dark background at the bottom of the screen?

1. How do I go back to a dark background at the bottom of the screen? - Similar Threads - dark background bottom

2. How do I go back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I go back?: So, I was creating a new Microsoft account on my new computer using my email address which didn’t have one. I then realized I typed it wrong when they told me they sent the verifying code to it and I obviously didn’t receive anything since it’s not my account. I tried to go...
  3. How do I go back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I go back?: So, I was creating a new Microsoft account on my new computer using my email address which didn’t have one. I then realized I typed it wrong when they told me they sent the verifying code to it and I obviously didn’t receive anything since it’s not my account. I tried to go...
  4. How do i get my background back?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i get my background back?: My computer did a scheduled update yesterday and now instead of having scenic views from across the world as my background all i have is a big green colored screen how do i restore this and the computer icons? Please explain it to me like i'm a 5 yr. old...
  5. How do I go back

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I go back: How do I go back to my previous installation of Windows? I had to reinstall Windows via USB Drive, because Ubuntu DESTROYED IT. Any way to go back to a previous installation of windows? Oh yeah, don't confuse it with version. If I need to downgrade from the Insider Build to...
  6. How do I get the apps back on the bottom!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get the apps back on the bottom!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MoeenMama [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i23foe/how_do_i_get_the_apps_back_on_the_bottom/
  7. Dark Background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dark Background: I just picked up a new surface pro, and I am not able to get the office / windows product to display anything other than a black background, which I really do not like. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-background/8b65415e-8ad8-4b57-b5f4-0e7c38ec2ebc
  8. How can I get the thing at the bottom of the screen back?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I get the thing at the bottom of the screen back?: How can I get the thing at the bottom of the screen back. I cannot see the number of the page I am on at bottom left of screen . Note: I am not interested in inserting page numbers thanks. Something is wrong with the screen and the page so that when I am working on a...
  9. Screen going dark momentarily

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen going dark momentarily: I have a HP ProDesk 400 G3 SFF running Windows 10 pro 64 bit. I'm using an LG 43 inch 4K smart tv for a monitor using an hdmi cable. I sometimes watch tv on the same unit by changing the source to a different hdmi port. Occasionally while I'm using the desktop the tv screen...
  10. How do I go back to 8.1?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I go back to 8.1?: I'm on my wife's Chromebook now. Can't be active on my Windows 10 laptop for more the 15 or 30 minutes before mouse jumps all over, clicks by itself to a point where I can't even restart with disconnecting power. I should have known not to be bleeding edge. My graphics...