Windows 10: How do I go back to booting from HDD?

Discus and support How do I go back to booting from HDD? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed W10 using a USB and in so doing went to the BIOS of my PC - a Dell Optiplex 755 - to boot from the USB containing the software. Now it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PCurtain, Feb 18, 2020.

1. PCurtain Win User

How do I go back to booting from HDD?

I installed W10 using a USB and in so doing went to the BIOS of my PC - a Dell Optiplex 755 - to boot from the USB containing the software. Now it's all installed, I wish to revert to booting from the HDD. The options offered are

SATA0-ST3250310AS, or..

Onboard or USB or CD-ROM Drive

Which should I choose please, and why? Thank you.

Peter

:)

PCurtain, Feb 18, 2020
  2. gygabite Win User

Changing boot hdd

I downloaded PartitionMagic8.0, but the partition i want to make is not bootable.
    So the system boots from the old, loud hdd, and when i unplug the old, it doesnt boot.
    Any advice or suggestions how to change boot hdd without reinstalling Winxp?

gygabite, Feb 18, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 18, 2020
  4. Johankaan Win User

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I go back to booting from HDD? - Similar Threads - booting HDD

2. boot from original window s 10 HDD using a new motherboard and cpu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    boot from original window s 10 HDD using a new motherboard and cpu: Currently running Win 10Pro, on an older motherboard/cpu that don't support windows 11. Can I just boot from the existing HDD Win 10 Pro, with the new motherboard & cpu? I want to avoid having to do rescue disk, and re-install Win 10, and all the applications.So, if this will...
  3. boot from original window s 10 HDD using a new motherboard and cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    boot from original window s 10 HDD using a new motherboard and cpu: Currently running Win 10Pro, on an older motherboard/cpu that don't support windows 11. Can I just boot from the existing HDD Win 10 Pro, with the new motherboard & cpu? I want to avoid having to do rescue disk, and re-install Win 10, and all the applications.So, if this will...
  4. boot from original window s 10 HDD using a new motherboard and cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Alienware R17 black screen on boot after HDD and SSD replacement.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alienware R17 black screen on boot after HDD and SSD replacement.: I have an Alienware R17, had issues with the HDD so i bought and installed new hard drive and SSD installed windows 10 on bootable USB now im just getting black screen on load up tried to reinatall again and i get the same black screen after seceting in the BIOS it loads then...
  6. Alienware R17 black screen on boot after HDD and SSD replacement.

Alienware R17 black screen on boot after HDD and SSD replacement.: I have an Alienware R17, had issues with the HDD so i bought and installed new hard drive and SSD installed windows 10 on bootable USB now im just getting black screen on load up tried to reinatall again and i get the same black screen after seceting in the BIOS it loads then...
  7. Alienware R17 black screen on boot after HDD and SSD replacement.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Linux can see my HDD but not windows after a dual boot

Linux can see my HDD but not windows after a dual boot: Hello everyone so first of all i know this might not be the perfect forum to post this but i am really starting to get desperate : So like the title says I can access my HDD on Linux mint but absolutely not in windows. this happend after a dual boot install of cinnamon mint....
  9. Linux can see my HDD but not windows after a dual boot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Linux can see my HDD but not windows after a dual boot: Hello everyone so first of all i know this might not be the perfect forum to post this but i am really starting to get desperate : So like the title says I can access my HDD on Linux mint but absolutely not in windows. this happend after a dual boot install of cinnamon mint....
  10. Linux can see my HDD but not windows after a dual boot

in Windows 10 Gaming