Windows 10: How do I go back to my original user profile?

Discus and support How do I go back to my original user profile? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This is like the third time in the past few days where my laptop updates and leaves me on a Temp Profile. My apps are still downloaded and my Laura... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/akunosama1, Sep 12, 2020.

1. How do I go back to my original user profile?

This is like the third time in the past few days where my laptop updates and leaves me on a Temp Profile. My apps are still downloaded and my Laura profile folders are in the User section, I just don't know how to return to making Laura my main profile instead of the latest Temp update. Really tedious. Thanks!

submitted by /u/akunosama1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/akunosama1, Sep 12, 2020

2. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, Sep 12, 2020
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    migrate user profile

Hi Adeel,

For us to better understand the problem and provide you the best resolution, please clarify the following:

• What do you mean when you mentioned domain user profile?
    • Are you trying to copy a local user profile to a domain account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Sep 12, 2020
  4. How do I go back to my original user profile?

Connect back to original user profile

Hi

My name is Lester and hopefully, this will help answer your question.

Upon checking your accounts on the screen shot you have provided seems that you are on the temporary profile.

Follow the steps provided and I hope this will resolved the issue,

Step 1.

Reboot in Safe mode:

Press the Windows logo key + R.

Type msconfig in the Open box and then select OK.

Select the Boot tab.

Under Boot options, Check Safe Boot and check for Network

Click OK and Restart PC

Step 2.

Reboot the PC in Normal Mode and Login with Original User Profile

Press the Windows logo key + R.

Type msconfig in the Open box and then select OK.

Select the Boot tab.

Under Boot options, clear the Safe boot checkbox.

Note: It is possible Windows Update will start running for some time with message similar to: 'Configuring windows updates, Allow it to finish and reboot Computer into Normal Mode, logging in with Original User Profile.

Troubleshooting reference:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/...

I hope that helps.

Lester

Independent Advisor

Lester BernardReyes, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

How do I go back to my original user profile?

1. How do I go back to my original user profile? - Similar Threads - original user profile

2. How can I get back to my original user account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get back to my original user account.: I downloaded a program called “Account Profile Fixer” and I ran it only to struggle getting my original account settings back. My wallpapers are gone and my files are only seen and located in the c: folder. I have not lost anything but want to get back to my original user...
  3. I need to get my original profile back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to get my original profile back: Split from this thread. I need to get my original profile back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-get-my-original-profile-back/4f88514b-72ae-4a37-8ce4-6704a2a48a5b
  4. I need to get my original profile back

I need to get my original profile back: Split from this thread. I need to get my original profile back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-get-my-original-profile-back/4f88514b-72ae-4a37-8ce4-6704a2a48a5b
  5. How to recover my user profile back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover my user profile back?: I was changing my user profile name and while I was in registry editor, I mistyped the name of the profile path of my SID to something that doesn’t exist and continued to delete the temporary account, now when I try to sign in it’s creating many temp users, how do I get my...
  6. How to recover my user profile back?

How to recover my user profile back?: I was changing my user profile name and while I was in registry editor, I mistyped the name of the profile path of my SID to something that doesn’t exist and continued to delete the temporary account, now when I try to sign in it’s creating many temp users, how do I get my...
  7. How to recover my user profile back?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How do I get back to my original account?

How do I get back to my original account?: I updated my computer to windows 11 one day, and got back onto my computer as usual and it signed me into a random account. It was a temp account and it took a really long time to sign in. After I got into my computer i had a few things that i had previously downloaded still...
  9. How do I go back to the original settings for Microsoft Mahjong???

How do I go back to the original settings for Microsoft Mahjong???: How do I return to the original settings for Microsoft Mahjong??? The leaves et al are terrible..... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-go-back-to-the-original-settings-for/5c636fb5-f065-4ca0-bd3e-1fdea5343bb4
  10. Connect back to original user profile

Connect back to original user profile: I changed the name on my user/profile folder, or thought so - but instead I created a new user profile and now I can no longer sign in with my old user profile. I am running Windows 10 Pro. The new user profile is associated with my MS email account and I don't how to revert...