Windows 10: How do I go back to putting off the 2004 update?

Discus and support How do I go back to putting off the 2004 update? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So basically I tried to install the 2004 update, but it told me to update my BIOS. I did that, but it still tells me to update the BIOS, and sometimes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Down200, Aug 23, 2020.

1. How do I go back to putting off the 2004 update?

So basically I tried to install the 2004 update, but it told me to update my BIOS. I did that, but it still tells me to update the BIOS, and sometimes will blue screen when in the "downloading" phase. I am honestly fed up with this POS update and would like to go back to when I had a little box that told me "click here when you're ready to upgrade to Windows 2004". Is it possible to do that? Currently, I don't believe I will be able to install new security updated because the 2004 update displays as "failed" where the old "check for updates" button used to be. Here is an image describing what I am talking about. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

submitted by /u/Down200
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Down200, Aug 23, 2020
  2. OldNavyGuy, Aug 23, 2020
  3. windows update 2004 updates fix

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to update your PC to Windows 10 2004 build. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What is the KB number of the update that is failing?
    • What is the error code and message from the Windows Update history? (Press
      Windows + I key to open Settings > Click on
      Updates & Security
      > Select Windows Updates > Click on
      View update history
      > click on the error)
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft Antivirus/security program installed?

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly,
    Please help us with the screenshot of the
    Process
    tab in Task Manager and System information
    page (Press Windows + R key and type msinfo32, click OK) for further investigation. (Please follow the steps mentioned in the
    screenshot posted
    by Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene on Oct 2, 2015 to post the screenshots.) Do not share any personal information in the screenshots.

Let us try few steps and try to update after performing each step.

Step 1:
    Run Windows Updates Troubleshooter:

Select the Start Menu button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows updates > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 2:
    Reset Windows Update Components

We would suggest you to refer the steps as mention in this article:

How do I reset Windows Update components?

Step 3:
    Software and Hardware clean boot

Put the PC in software clean boot, refer the article

How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    . A ‘clean boot’ starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs.

Note: After you finish troubleshooting, follow the section
    Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to reset the computer to start normally.

Steps to perform hardware clean boot.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run
      . Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for
      Run
    2. In Run dialog box, type devmgmt.msc and hit
      Enter.
    3. Now expand the Display adapters,
      Printers
      , Sound, video and game controllers.
    4. Now right click on the listed devices inside the section and click on
      Disable.
    5. If asked for restart click on restart later.
    6. Close the device manager window and then restart the PC.

You may also, refer the suggestion in the article: Troubleshoot problems
    updating Windows 10

Note: Do not try the step mention in the article "Perform a clean installation of Windows 10"

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 23, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

How do I go back to putting off the 2004 update?

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond How do I go back to putting off the 2004 update? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

How do I go back to putting off the 2004 update?

1. How do I go back to putting off the 2004 update? - Similar Threads - putting off 2004

2. How do I put my printer back online.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I put my printer back online.: Have Windows 8.1 and know that I no longer get Microsoft or Windows Security Support. My printer stopped working so I troubleshoot it but can't find any issues with it. My question is that I put the printer offline and don't know how I did this. How or where do I go to put it...
  3. How do I put my printer back online.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I put my printer back online.: Have Windows 8.1 and know that I no longer get Microsoft or Windows Security Support. My printer stopped working so I troubleshoot it but can't find any issues with it. My question is that I put the printer offline and don't know how I did this. How or where do I go to put it...
  4. How do I go back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I go back?: So, I was creating a new Microsoft account on my new computer using my email address which didn’t have one. I then realized I typed it wrong when they told me they sent the verifying code to it and I obviously didn’t receive anything since it’s not my account. I tried to go...
  5. How do I go back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I go back?: So, I was creating a new Microsoft account on my new computer using my email address which didn’t have one. I then realized I typed it wrong when they told me they sent the verifying code to it and I obviously didn’t receive anything since it’s not my account. I tried to go...
  6. How do I go back

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I go back: How do I go back to my previous installation of Windows? I had to reinstall Windows via USB Drive, because Ubuntu DESTROYED IT. Any way to go back to a previous installation of windows? Oh yeah, don't confuse it with version. If I need to downgrade from the Insider Build to...
  7. Go back to 1903 from 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Go back to 1903 from 2004: Is there any way to go back to 1903 from 2004. Theres no rollback option in settings. submitted by /u/Max123543 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hxdsgz/go_back_to_1903_from_2004/
  8. how do i turn off having to put in a password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how do i turn off having to put in a password: so my computer opens up. i just want to turn on my laptop an do what i need to do. i live alone and no one uses my laptop but me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-having-to-put-in-a-password/ce9b4885-1376-45ad-b771-37453a015781
  9. update is useless how do i go back

update is useless how do i go back: how do I reverse the last update the layout is not easy to use and i am not far from throwing this laptop against the wall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-is-useless-how-do-i-go-back/5e3a58ce-5db3-4e3a-aae0-38771a64e823
  10. How do I go back to 8.1?

How do I go back to 8.1?: I'm on my wife's Chromebook now. Can't be active on my Windows 10 laptop for more the 15 or 30 minutes before mouse jumps all over, clicks by itself to a point where I can't even restart with disconnecting power. I should have known not to be bleeding edge. My graphics...