Windows 10: how do I go back to win 7 from 10?

Discus and support how do I go back to win 7 from 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I no longer have the windows.old folder. the restore partition on my Toshiba tecra R940 also is gone. I don't have a copy of windows 7. I do have the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ale64, Apr 16, 2020.

1. ale64 Win User

how do I go back to win 7 from 10?

I no longer have the windows.old folder. the restore partition on my Toshiba tecra R940 also is gone. I don't have a copy of windows 7. I do have the product key sticker on the bottom on the machine.

I cant get the camera or fingerprint sensor to work, I was thinking maybe it would work if I went back to win 7.

:)

ale64, Apr 16, 2020
  2. adoornik Win User

Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, May 23, 2020
  3. lse123 Win User
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, May 23, 2020
  4. adoornik Win User

Win 7 and Win 10 on network

Thank you. Troubleshooter did not work. I ran all the listed commands in order and that also did not work.

None of the Windows 10 computers on my home network are on the network list of the Win 7 computer but the Lan connected windows 10 computer does show up on the Windows 7 computer network map.

Any other fixes suggestions would be appreciated?

adoornik, May 23, 2020
Thema: