Windows 10: How do I go from core to gui on the server 2016 setup?

Discus and support How do I go from core to gui on the server 2016 setup? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey, I just installed Microsoft Server 2016 on my HP laptop and i can't figure out how to get from core to gui.It would be a pleasure to help me.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DL_EP, Jan 28, 2023.

1. DL_EP Win User

How do I go from core to gui on the server 2016 setup?

Hey, I just installed Microsoft Server 2016 on my HP laptop and i can't figure out how to get from core to gui.It would be a pleasure to help me.

:)

DL_EP, Jan 28, 2023
  2. YuewenLi Win User

How to Install GUI for Windows 2016 Datacenter Core Server

I have installed Windows 2016 Datacenter Core Server.

Could I ask how to install GUI for it ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Evan LEE

YuewenLi, Jan 28, 2023
  3. How to Install GUI for Windows 2016 Datacenter Core Server

Hi YuewenLi

It is no longer possible to do so.

It's no longer possible to switch from Server Core to the full GUI or vice versa in Server 2016 - either through Server Manager, PowerShell, or DISM. You must make the choice initially at install time. From TechNet:

Unlike some previous releases of Windows Server, you cannot convert between Server Core and Server with Desktop Experience after installation. For example, if you install Server Core and later decide to user Server with Desktop Experience, you should do a fresh
    installation (and vice versa).

A good community article on the topic:
    https://superwidgets.wordpress.com/2016/10/29/w...

The capability to convert from one to the other via Server Manager and the Install/Remove-WindowsFeature cmdlets existed in Server 2012 and Server 2012 R2.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Andre for Directly, Jan 28, 2023
  4. JohnnyWD Win User

Windows Server 2016 , CORE

Is there a repository online where core systems can pull dll files without having to get them from a GUI server?

Example: oledlg.dll, and crtdll.dll files are needed for an application. Are companies allow to redistribute these dll files with

their application to core systems like Windows 2016 core ?

JohnnyWD, Jan 28, 2023
Thema:

1. How do I go from core to gui on the server 2016 setup? - Similar Threads - core gui server

2. How do I go from core to gui on the server 2016 setup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I go from core to gui on the server 2016 setup?: Hey, I just installed Microsoft Server 2016 on my HP laptop and i can't figure out how to get from core to gui.It would be a pleasure to help me....
  3. if purchase a windows server 2016 datacenter, how many core licenses does it contain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    if purchase a windows server 2016 datacenter, how many core licenses does it contain: I want to run windows server 2016 datacenter.The server`s CPU is 2 * 18 cores.When i purchase windows server 2016 datacenter, does it contain only one license?Should i purchase additional 35 core licenses?Thanks....
  4. if purchase a windows server 2016 datacenter, how many core licenses does it contain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    if purchase a windows server 2016 datacenter, how many core licenses does it contain: I want to run windows server 2016 datacenter.The server`s CPU is 2 * 18 cores.When i purchase windows server 2016 datacenter, does it contain only one license?Should i purchase additional 35 core licenses?Thanks....
  5. How do I change the boot settings on Windows Server 2016 from Legacy to UEFI?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the boot settings on Windows Server 2016 from Legacy to UEFI?: I have no idea how to change the boot settings from Legacy to UEFI bios on Windows Server 2016? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-boot-settings-on-windows/1fda818b-3a02-4747-84a8-f8bff8b9bf34
  6. Server 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Server 2016: I have a Hp Compaq 8200 elite I7 with 16GB memory, can I install Microsoft 2016 on this hardware and get a reasonable system, I am more interested in function than speed. It will be used as the server in a security test lab environment for virus/malware testing. The network...
  7. How to Install GUI for Windows 2016 Datacenter Core Server

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Install GUI for Windows 2016 Datacenter Core Server: I have installed Windows 2016 Datacenter Core Server. Could I ask how to install GUI for it ? Thanks a lot in advance. Evan LEE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-gui-for-windows-2016-datacenter/51c294d8-2bdc-4766-8676-fc05892e0b77
  8. How to get permission to go anywhere in the GUI

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get permission to go anywhere in the GUI: I have been trying to make a shortcut to (c:\users\'user name'\appdata). But I am stopped in the GUI and it won't show anything beyond (c:\users\'user name'\) If I use the administrative command prompt I can go straight to (c:\users\'user name'\appdata). But there is no way...
  9. Which Version of Server 2016 To Select for 8 Core CPU

in Windows 10 Support
    Which Version of Server 2016 To Select for 8 Core CPU: We are building a new AMD Ryzen sys with 8 cores for Server 2016. I am asking which SKU for server 2016 do I need to purchase? Or a pointer to a retail website that clarifies.... We are really confused. We don't need a bunch of CAL's at this point. We just want the base...
  10. Windows Server 2016 - Setup Local Domain Controller

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Windows Server 2016 - Setup Local Domain Controller: How to: Windows Server 2016 - Setup Local Domain Controller [img] Information There are several reasons to create and use a local domain even in relatively small home networks. To list a few: Centralized user management Users sign in to domain instead of signing in to...