Windows 10: How do I go through sign in without creating a Pin

Discus and support How do I go through sign in without creating a Pin in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; In one of my posts I said that my USB keyboard stopped working. My laptop is asking me to create a Pin. I can't create a Pin because my keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Ellis Asante, Jun 11, 2020.

1. How do I go through sign in without creating a Pin

In one of my posts I said that my USB keyboard stopped working. My laptop is asking me to create a Pin. I can't create a Pin because my keyboard doesn't work. Is there anything I can do

:)

Ellis Asante, Jun 11, 2020

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jun 11, 2020
  4. Geethu B Win User

How do I go through sign in without creating a Pin

Using Pin to sign on continues to fail

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with signing in to User Account using PIN.

I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to corrupt User Account.

I suggest you to create a new User Account and try to create a PIN for it. Check if you can login to that User Account using PIN.

To create a new User Account follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Type ‘Add, delete and manage other user accounts’ in search box.
    • Now click on ‘Add someone else to this pc’.
    • And follow the instructions to create a new User Account.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

How do I go through sign in without creating a Pin

1. How do I go through sign in without creating a Pin - Similar Threads - through sign without

2. how do i sign in without password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how do i sign in without password: cant sign into windows after a reboot and upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-sign-in-without-password/79d634aa-c753-4ba3-b185-656a962f7c44
  3. how do i sign in without password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i sign in without password: cant sign into windows after a reboot and upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-sign-in-without-password/79d634aa-c753-4ba3-b185-656a962f7c44
  4. how do i sign in without password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I sign in without any sign in options available?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I sign in without any sign in options available?: Currently on this device, I'm signed in on my mom's account. When I press the start menu, select the account, and go to select mine in order to sign in, I get brought to the sign in page but without any sign in options.Here's quite literally all my screen says:It has a blank...
  6. How do I sign in without any sign in options available?

How do I sign in without any sign in options available?: Currently on this device, I'm signed in on my mom's account. When I press the start menu, select the account, and go to select mine in order to sign in, I get brought to the sign in page but without any sign in options.Here's quite literally all my screen says:It has a blank...
  7. How to sign in to windows 10 without a pin or password?

How to sign in to windows 10 without a pin or password?: How to sign in to windows 10 without a pin or password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-sign-in-to-windows-10-without-a-pin-or/dea8744b-7b53-40ba-ba78-16da4e90a1f8
  8. Signing in and Creating pin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Signing in and Creating pin: After I sign in my acc the next thing to do is to create pin but when I click the next, it won't work. If I click skip, I need to start again from the beginning and same things goes....
  9. Unable to 'Sign Up' to my administrator account or 'Create A pin' to get through it. No...

Unable to 'Sign Up' to my administrator account or 'Create A pin' to get through it. No...: Hi! So I got a notification saying there is something I need to fix for my Microsoft account so I went and entered my email, password and the PIN. Everything seemed fine until I restart my computer and now I am 'Signed Out' from my administrator account and cannot login....
  10. How do I get a Pin for the sign in process

How do I get a Pin for the sign in process: I need a PIN to reactivate account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-a-pin-for-the-sign-in-process/2583d095-fd71-41e5-a086-5374715011fc