Windows 10: How do I grant access to programmes to other users on the same machine?

Discus and support How do I grant access to programmes to other users on the same machine? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; How do I grant access to programmes to other users on the same machine? I can see that there is a painful workaround for apps from the store but this... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by LgDN, Apr 25, 2020.

1. LgDN Win User

How do I grant access to programmes to other users on the same machine?

How do I grant access to programmes to other users on the same machine? I can see that there is a painful workaround for apps from the store but this is for a programme bought elsewhere....

Any help gratefully received - I do not want to have to allocate my son administrator rights to the computer

Thanks

:)

2. groston Win User

Cannot access Win10 machine via local network

I am 'birthing' my first Win10 machine, OS V1809, and must have goofed something up...

All machines in my home belong to the same Workgroup and the users/passwords are consistent across all machines. From my Win7 desktop, I:
    • Can access my Win10 machine, via Explorer, using its IP address
    • Can ping the Win10 machine using both its name and IP address
    • Cannot access the Win10 machine, via Explorer, using its name

From the Win10 machine, I can see all other computers on the network and access all of them.

I do not believe that this is a firewall issue as the issue persists when the firewall is disabled. I do believe that network and file sharing is enabled (but, I could be wrong). The issue exists with both the Ethernet and WiFi connections, so it is probably not interface-specific.

Please suggest what I can do to resolve this issue. Thx.

groston, Apr 25, 2020
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Apr 25, 2020
  4. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I grant access to programmes to other users on the same machine? - Similar Threads - grant access programmes

2. how do i grant my user special permissions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i grant my user special permissions?: the checkbox to enable special permissions is greyed out across all users on my computer. this is especially annoying as i'm trying to change where msfs 2020 is installed as my c drive only has 97gb free while my ext hard drive has >580gb of space but i cannot change where...
  3. how do i grant my user special permissions?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i grant my user special permissions?: the checkbox to enable special permissions is greyed out across all users on my computer. this is especially annoying as i'm trying to change where msfs 2020 is installed as my c drive only has 97gb free while my ext hard drive has >580gb of space but i cannot change where...
  4. grant users device manager access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    grant users device manager access: have few users who require access device manager to make chnages, these are basic domain users and we dont want to give or add them to local admin or doamin admin modes....
  5. grant users device manager access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    grant users device manager access: have few users who require access device manager to make chnages, these are basic domain users and we dont want to give or add them to local admin or doamin admin modes....
  6. grant users device manager access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. how to grant access to different users for different subfolders?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to grant access to different users for different subfolders?: Hi everyone,Is there a way to give access to multiple users to different subfolders all at once? or automatically?Here's the situation I'm facing: I have 500 users and 500 subfolders for them in our drive, and I need to give each one of them access to their folder only to...
  8. GRANT ACCESS

in Windows 10 Customization
    GRANT ACCESS: Aditional permissions are required to access the following files... MS Word needs access to the file named.. Sečect the mite to grant access. Word cannot open the document : user does not have access privileges...
  9. How do I grant full access to "C:\" to a user, including all subfolders and files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I grant full access to "C:\" to a user, including all subfolders and files?: This is my own computer, only user. I desire to not be bothered by the system when i make modifications to system folders, i have no antivirus, no form of protection, i want full commando on this one. I took ownership of C drive and everything in it, then added my username...
  10. Can I grant domain users access to printer properites

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I grant domain users access to printer properites: I would like to (GPO prefered) allow my domain users to change properties of the locally (not AD installed) printers. Basically any user needs to be able to change their default try, set deparment print ID number, color/bw settings ect. Right now the domain users are just...