Windows 10: How do I grant permission to work with a file?

Discus and support How do I grant permission to work with a file? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I tried to grant permission to work with a file for my husband's account on the same computer as mine. When I go through the security setting, it only... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JenniferJewett, Feb 23, 2019.

1. How do I grant permission to work with a file?

I tried to grant permission to work with a file for my husband's account on the same computer as mine. When I go through the security setting, it only lists me as an administrator and user. When I changed him from other user to family member, it showed his email but would not let me change the phone number from my mobile phone to his. I don't understand the circuit here.

:)

JenniferJewett, Feb 23, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Feb 23, 2019
  3. j.col70 Win User
    j.col70, Feb 23, 2019
  4. How do I grant permission to work with a file?

Folder Permissions not working on some folders

As found in this ServerFault answer, try with the following steps to change ownership and permission on many files and folders in one batch from command line:

• Open a Command Prompt "As Administrator"
    • Run the following commands:

takeown /f YourDrive:\YourFolder /r /d y

icacls YourDrive:\YourFolder /grant administrators:F /T

HTH

PiscopoGiuseppe, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

How do I grant permission to work with a file?

1. How do I grant permission to work with a file? - Similar Threads - grant permission file

2. How do I grant permission to install Minecraft for Windows PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I grant permission to install Minecraft for Windows PC?: We are trying to install Minecraft for Windows PC but it says we have to ask permission of an adult. We clicked "Ask Now" and it said a request was sent, but there is no email requesting permission so that I can grant permission. How do I grant permission to buy this game?...
  3. How do I grant permission to install Minecraft for Windows PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I grant permission to install Minecraft for Windows PC?: We are trying to install Minecraft for Windows PC but it says we have to ask permission of an adult. We clicked "Ask Now" and it said a request was sent, but there is no email requesting permission so that I can grant permission. How do I grant permission to buy this game?...
  4. how do i grant my user special permissions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i grant my user special permissions?: the checkbox to enable special permissions is greyed out across all users on my computer. this is especially annoying as i'm trying to change where msfs 2020 is installed as my c drive only has 97gb free while my ext hard drive has >580gb of space but i cannot change where...
  5. how do i grant my user special permissions?

how do i grant my user special permissions?: the checkbox to enable special permissions is greyed out across all users on my computer. this is especially annoying as i'm trying to change where msfs 2020 is installed as my c drive only has 97gb free while my ext hard drive has >580gb of space but i cannot change where...
  6. how to grant appropriate permissions to access file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to grant appropriate permissions to access file?: how to grant appropriate permissions to access file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-grant-appropriate-permissions-to-access/32fb43b9-6461-4f90-a77c-adae23dfb1db
  7. how to grant appropriate permissions to access file?

how to grant appropriate permissions to access file?: how to grant appropriate permissions to access file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-grant-appropriate-permissions-to-access/32fb43b9-6461-4f90-a77c-adae23dfb1db
  8. Grant Program Permission to Write Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Grant Program Permission to Write Files: Program is installed, upon first starting files are required to be written but access is not granted and I'm told to check permissions to folder in programdata, I've tried allowing everything but still the program has same error message. 179713
  9. Granting user permission on files and folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Granting user permission on files and folders: My brother was recently playing with the settings and ended up denying all kind of permission read, write, modify etc to my photograph folder. I had a tough time trying to fix it because i couldn't open it, nor copy it, even it's security tab was not readable. After enough...
  10. How can I grant an group permissions?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I grant an group permissions?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/balderoine [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fcfb6l/how_can_i_grant_an_group_permissions/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. repeated requests to grant permission from family safety