Windows 10: How do I grant permission to work with a file?

Discus and support How do I grant permission to work with a file? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I tried to grant permission to work with a file for my husband's account on the same computer as mine. When I go through the security setting, it only... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JenniferJewett, Feb 23, 2019.

1. How do I grant permission to work with a file?

I tried to grant permission to work with a file for my husband's account on the same computer as mine. When I go through the security setting, it only lists me as an administrator and user. When I changed him from other user to family member, it showed his email but would not let me change the phone number from my mobile phone to his. I don't understand the circuit here.

:)

JenniferJewett, Feb 23, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Feb 23, 2019
  3. j.col70 Win User
    j.col70, Feb 23, 2019
  4. How do I grant permission to work with a file?

Folder Permissions not working on some folders

As found in this ServerFault answer, try with the following steps to change ownership and permission on many files and folders in one batch from command line:

• Open a Command Prompt "As Administrator"
    • Run the following commands:

takeown /f YourDrive:\YourFolder /r /d y

icacls YourDrive:\YourFolder /grant administrators:F /T

HTH

PiscopoGiuseppe, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

How do I grant permission to work with a file?

1. How do I grant permission to work with a file? - Similar Threads - grant permission file

2. How do I get permission

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I get permission: how do I get permission? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-permission/ff20f65a-2d3a-4205-b59e-6e15b615f927"
  3. Fixing "The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fixing "The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission...: I've had a few crashes in the past days while gaming where my computer will completely freeze and the last seconds of audio will repeat until a forced restart. I've checked the event logs and when they log the error it's been this. See full text of the error below. Any help...
  4. How do I get Permission change files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get Permission change files: I'm trying to un-install Microsoft Edge so I can re-install it (because it's not working properly so I want to start over) but everytime I try to delete it, it says I need permission but the problem is when I go to properties and click security, it already says the...
  5. Trouble granting file and program access and permissions in Windows 10

Trouble granting file and program access and permissions in Windows 10: Two similar issues. 1) We recently bought a new PC. I set up myself as administrator, and set up local user accounts for my family and me. As administrator, I transferred our picture files from the old computer (using an external hard drive). I've followed instructions...
  6. What permissions are granted for Access work or school acccount in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    What permissions are granted for Access work or school acccount in Windows 10: Hello, I have discovered the Access Work or School setting in Windows 10 on my Surface. I use it to access my OneNote. When I login to the services it tells me that it gives my work a level of access to my device for management purposes. What access does this give my work...
  7. The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for...: Hello: I had this problem with Win10 P and now with most recent update is still there any suggestion: Win10p64b V1809(OS Build 17763.168) HP ENVY h8-1520t CTO Desktop PC Intel i7 wit 16MB RAM, #TB HD How can I resolve it? Log Name: System Source:...
  8. granting permission to attach pdf to email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    granting permission to attach pdf to email: I am attempting to attach an Adobe pdf to an email and keep receiving message to contact owner or administrator for permission. I am the owner and administrator. At what point do I give myself permission?...
  9. how do I get administrator permission to use a file

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how do I get administrator permission to use a file: Often, like today, I need to get administrator permission or sign in as administrator to do something. Today, for example, I could not move a file from one folder to another without administrator permission. I am the sole owner and user of my laptop (Lenovo Ideapad G580). I...
  10. User Not granted Permission Logon Error

User Not granted Permission Logon Error: I have 3 PC's and one netbook all running Windows 10 Home. All PC's were upgraded from Windows 8.1 and the Netbook was upgraded from Windows 7. Before the Win 10 upgrades, all computers could see each other and share files within the network here at home. None require...