Windows 10: how do i group taskbar icons to save space

Discus and support how do i group taskbar icons to save space in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; how do i group taskbar icons to save space... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DonaldHaisman, Nov 24, 2022.

1. how do i group taskbar icons to save space

how do i group taskbar icons to save space

:)

DonaldHaisman, Nov 24, 2022
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 24, 2022
  3. pepanee Win User
    How to reduce spacing between icons in the taskbar?

Suggest it as a feature for 7+ Taskbar Tweaker.

It used to have the option to minimize the spacing between the icons in the Taskbar for Pre-Windows 10 Operating Systems.

pepanee, Nov 24, 2022
  4. flycaster Win User

Grouping Pinned Taskbar Icons

For some unknown reason-as usual, when I opened windows 10, my taskbar was blank. I had no idea of the method I used in the first place, but I knew I wanted to arrive at my original taskbar arrangement. However, after some trial and error trying at a fix and Google searching, I came across Andy's post (which was new to me.) I was in luck as his method was the perfect answer as I already had my taskbar groupings in file explorer; so, it was a simple matter to just follow his placement instructions. After placing the group icons into the taskbar, I did have to move the groups around and also move the icons within the groups to mimic my original ordering.

One of the benefits I noted was that the icons within the groups were "packed" closer together than if I had dragged shortcuts from file explorer and manually arranged them into groups. Due to the "packing," I now have 39 app and system icons in 6 groups and a nice sized space in the middle of the taskbar that shows minimized apps...all in one taskbar. Manually constructing the grouped taskbar would have required two taskbars! Great method, Andy, and thanks.

flycaster, Nov 24, 2022
Thema:

1. how do i group taskbar icons to save space - Similar Threads - group taskbar icons

2. How do I revert the awful taskbar icon spacing changes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I revert the awful taskbar icon spacing changes?: After going through a windows update on 3/15/2023, I find myself greeted with taskbar icons that are larger and take up far too much space. I see no option whatsoever to revert this change to the original tight aesthetic. How can I go about doing so? This is bothering me a...
  3. How do I revert the awful taskbar icon spacing changes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I revert the awful taskbar icon spacing changes?: After going through a windows update on 3/15/2023, I find myself greeted with taskbar icons that are larger and take up far too much space. I see no option whatsoever to revert this change to the original tight aesthetic. How can I go about doing so? This is bothering me a...
  4. how do i group taskbar icons to save space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i group taskbar icons to save space: how do i group taskbar icons to save space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-group-taskbar-icons-to-save-space/e0d0386b-9497-4f97-952f-1a9806779f29
  5. how do i group taskbar icons to save space

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i group taskbar icons to save space: how do i group taskbar icons to save space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-group-taskbar-icons-to-save-space/e0d0386b-9497-4f97-952f-1a9806779f29
  6. Never Grouping Icons on the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Never Grouping Icons on the Taskbar: Does anyone know whether there is a way in Windows 11 never to group icons on the taskbar without having to install a third-party software? For example, if multiple files are open in Microsoft Word, I want all of them to be displayed as separate icons on the taskbar. Perhaps...
  7. Group icons on the Windows Taskbar with Taskbar groups

in Windows 10 News
    Group icons on the Windows Taskbar with Taskbar groups: Taskbar groups is a new open source program for Microsoft Windows devices to create groups of icons on the taskbar. The main idea of the program is to bundle multiple shortcuts on the taskbar to save space on it. While that may not be required on large resolution systems, it...
  8. How to Group Taskbar Icons in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Group Taskbar Icons in Windows 10: [ATTACH]In Windows 10, when you open multiple instances of the same application, notice how […] This article How to Group Taskbar Icons in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. How do I space out my taskbar icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I space out my taskbar icons?: I meant the taskbar tray kind of icons, from thiswhite, to this black: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-space-out-my-taskbar-icons/4d320bea-ac4a-4267-80d6-46388842f5bd
  10. Taskbar icons refuse to group

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar icons refuse to group: Win10 pro 10240 Classic Start Menu Until recently the pinned icons and active programs would combine so that there was only one icon per program. Now the pinned icons and active ones are separate -- and filling up space. I checked the taskbar settings and it is set to...