Windows 10: Virtual Desktop running in the background?

Discus and support Virtual Desktop running in the background? in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I know how to create virtual desktops and all in Windows 10, but is there any way to have them running in the background while I do other things? For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Jiehfeng, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Jiehfeng Win User

Virtual Desktop running in the background?

I know how to create virtual desktops and all in Windows 10, but is there any way to have them running in the background while I do other things? For instance I want a game to be running in fullscreen and a macro controlling the character on one desktop, while I do other things in another desktop?

:)

Jiehfeng, Jun 17, 2018
  2. Misiowiec Win User

Lost desktop background

I did a Search & Distroy spyware scan the other day, and one of the suggested "fixes" said something about removing Active Desktop. Like the muppet I am I clicked yes and am now without a desktop background picture.

Does anyone have an idea how to reverse this? If I try to select a picture it's simply not added as a background.

Misiowiec, Jun 18, 2018
  3. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 18, 2018
  4. Virtual Desktop running in the background?

Moving a running application to a different virtual desktop

To change a application from one Virtual Desktop to another you need to:

• Press Windows Key+Tab key on the desktop in which is running the application you want to move.
    • Drag the application to the desktop you want to transfer. To transfer you need to put the app on the desktop that are showen below.
    And the application is moved.

Fardin Arafat, Jun 18, 2018
Thema:

Virtual Desktop running in the background?

1. Virtual Desktop running in the background? - Similar Threads - Virtual Desktop running

2. Can't Set Background for Each Virtual Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Set Background for Each Virtual Desktop: I just reinstalled Windows 11 on my system. Since the reinstall, I cannot set individual backgrounds for each virtual desktop. Right-click on the desktop, choose background, sets that background for all virtual desktops. Anyone know a fix?...
  3. Can't Set Background for Each Virtual Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Set Background for Each Virtual Desktop: I just reinstalled Windows 11 on my system. Since the reinstall, I cannot set individual backgrounds for each virtual desktop. Right-click on the desktop, choose background, sets that background for all virtual desktops. Anyone know a fix?...
  4. What happen to the virtual desktop background personalization?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happen to the virtual desktop background personalization?: It seems that with the new update of windows 11 the option of setting different background for the different virtual desk have disappeared and there is no error messages shown on screen, when I try to change a different background for a different virtual desk, is applied to...
  5. What happen to the virtual desktop background personalization?

What happen to the virtual desktop background personalization?: It seems that with the new update of windows 11 the option of setting different background for the different virtual desk have disappeared and there is no error messages shown on screen, when I try to change a different background for a different virtual desk, is applied to...
  6. Virtual Desktop Background issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Desktop Background issues: Hi All, So I created separate backgrounds for my seven desktops. I edited pretty pictures with text in the corner to let me know which desktop I'm on. But even though I right click and change the background for one of them, it will appear on two or three of them overwriting,...
  7. Virtual Desktop Background issues

Virtual Desktop Background issues: Hi All, So I created separate backgrounds for my seven desktops. I edited pretty pictures with text in the corner to let me know which desktop I'm on. But even though I right click and change the background for one of them, it will appear on two or three of them overwriting,...
  8. Global Background for all virtual Desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Global Background for all virtual Desktops: Hello peopleSeparate backgrounds for every virtual Desktop is causing issues with wallpaper engine and I want a global background for every virtual Desktop. So basically when changing the background, that the background for every Desktop is changed. Global changes, is that...
  9. Global Background for all virtual Desktops

Global Background for all virtual Desktops: Hello peopleSeparate backgrounds for every virtual Desktop is causing issues with wallpaper engine and I want a global background for every virtual Desktop. So basically when changing the background, that the background for every Desktop is changed. Global changes, is that...
  10. How do I have a Virtual Desktop running in the background?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I have a Virtual Desktop running in the background?: I know how to create virtual desktops and all in Windows 10, but is there any way to have them running in the background while I do other things? For instance I want a game to be running in fullscreen and a macro controlling the character on one desktop, while I do other...