Windows 10: How do I have Chrome prompt for password before opening?

Discus and support How do I have Chrome prompt for password before opening? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Title of the thread basically. I am using latest version of Chrome on Win 10 64 bit. I remember there used to be an extension for FireFox...i think the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by onlytanmoy, Feb 15, 2019.

1. How do I have Chrome prompt for password before opening?

Title of the thread basically.
    I am using latest version of Chrome on Win 10 64 bit.
    I remember there used to be an extension for FireFox...i think the name was ProfilePassword or something.
    Is there any add-on for Chrome to enable this functionality?

:)

onlytanmoy, Feb 15, 2019
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Feb 15, 2019
  3. Dave____J Win User
    chrome will not open

IK reinstalled the KB and a Silverlight update, no luck. I tried to remove chrome , again, using the suggested tool. Chrome was not on the list, I selected not listed. It wanted the product code. A quick internet search did not find it. I removed chrome
    using the add and remove programs.,reinstalled chrome and ran the clean up tool, no malware. chrome now opens.. I have signed in and it is working. The second removal worked. thx

Dave____J, Feb 15, 2019
  4. How do I have Chrome prompt for password before opening?

Startup password prompt gone

Hi Ronnie,

Thank you for your reply, appreciate the time taken by you in keeping us updated on the status of the issue.

As you have many desktop shortcut on your old user account, you may copy these to your new account by following the below steps.

• Go to This PC and open C: drive.
    • Double click on Users.
    • Here you can see your old account name, just open it and copy all the desktop shortcut files which you want.
    • Now go back to new user folder and paste it here.
    This will help you in getting back all the desktop shortcuts.

Regarding with Chrome, I suggest you to contact Chrome support for assistance.

Here is the link:
    https://support.google.com/chrome/?hl=en

Hope this helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

How do I have Chrome prompt for password before opening?

1. How do I have Chrome prompt for password before opening? - Similar Threads - Chrome prompt password

2. How do I stop having to type password, pim, & hash before boot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop having to type password, pim, & hash before boot?: I'm on a Windows 10 that may have still been encrypted with Veracrypt when I downgraded back to Windows 10, & every time before boot, some text at the top left that is different from my past experience with Veracrypt asks me for a password, pim, & hash. I don't want this, &...
  3. How do I stop having to type password, pim, & hash before boot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop having to type password, pim, & hash before boot?: I'm on a Windows 10 that may have still been encrypted with Veracrypt when I downgraded back to Windows 10, & every time before boot, some text at the top left that is different from my past experience with Veracrypt asks me for a password, pim, & hash. I don't want this, &...
  4. How do I stop having to type password, pim, & hash before boot?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How do I require a password to open command prompt in safe mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I require a password to open command prompt in safe mode?: I have a Legion Y740-17IRH Laptop Lenovo - Type 81UG and I am running Windows 11.When I boot in safe mode and go to advanced options, I can open elevated command prompt and access my local drive. This is a security issue as anyone with physical access to my computer can run...
  6. How do I require a password to open command prompt in safe mode?

How do I require a password to open command prompt in safe mode?: I have a Legion Y740-17IRH Laptop Lenovo - Type 81UG and I am running Windows 11.When I boot in safe mode and go to advanced options, I can open elevated command prompt and access my local drive. This is a security issue as anyone with physical access to my computer can run...
  7. Google Chrome ask for Windows log-on password to view Chrome passwords. How do I stop it...

Google Chrome ask for Windows log-on password to view Chrome passwords. How do I stop it...: Google Chrome ask for Windows log-on password to view Chrome passwords. How do I stop it from asking for my Windows password to view them without interfering with or removing the password at startup? TIA...
  8. [Help] How do i open command prompt in recovery mode without a password?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Help] How do i open command prompt in recovery mode without a password?: Found an old laptop somewhere and decided to get it to use. The problem is that i don't know the password. Decided to boot up in recovery mode and run the command prompt command so i can reset the password. The only problem is, that i need the password to run it. Not feeling...
  9. How do I add a password prompt to screensaver mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I add a password prompt to screensaver mode?: I've scoured the internet trying to figure this out. My account is the admin account on the pc and I've gone into screensaver settings and ticked the "on resume, display logon screen" box. I tried retarting pc but the only time I'm prompted for a password is on the initial...
  10. How do I have Chrome prompt for password before opening?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I have Chrome prompt for password before opening?: Title of the thread basically. I am using latest version of Chrome on Win 10 64 bit. I remember there used to be an extension for FireFox...i think the name was ProfilePassword or something. Is there any add-on for Chrome to enable this functionality? 127296

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome prompts for login