Windows 10: How do I have my actual network name show? Not "network" (windows 10)

Discus and support How do I have my actual network name show? Not "network" (windows 10) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want the actual name of my network to show up when I hover over the "network" icon in my system tray. Actually, more to the point, I want my actual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by stageacter, Dec 10, 2018.

1. How do I have my actual network name show? Not "network" (windows 10)

I want the actual name of my network to show up when I hover over the "network" icon in my system tray. Actually, more to the point, I want my actual network name to be what my PC shows up as being connected to, so that it can also speak to my wireless appliances.

Right now I have the generic "network" as the name. It is named correctly in my Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network Connections.

Can anyone help?

:)

stageacter, Dec 10, 2018

2. How do I change the network adapter name? (Windows 10)

Press Windows Key + R, type secpol.msc and press Enter to run it. In Local Security Policy window, go to the Network List Manager Policies in the left pane. Now in the right pane double click on the network name that you want to change. In the Properties windows under the Name section make sure that Name is selected. Now in the input field enter the name that you wish to use for your connection. Click Apply then OK to save the changes. And you might have to log in again or to restart your computer before the changes are applied.

lorraine walsh, Dec 10, 2018
  3. AsRock Win User
    AsRock, Dec 10, 2018
  4. Cyclelegs Win User

How do I have my actual network name show? Not "network" (windows 10)

Available Networks Not Showing in Windows 10

Recently my list of WiFi Networks has stopped displaying when I am logged-in to my Local Windows 10 Account. 'Show Available Networks' does not show any networks.

This is a display issue not a network issue. There is nothing wrong with the core network management system and network trouble shooting steps are pointless.

I am able to show a list of networks by logging-out of my local windows 10 account and using the network connection manager from the 'Login' screen. Within my local Windows 10 account I can use netsh wlan commands to fully manage my wireless networks.

When I try to 'List Available Networks' when logged-in to Local Windows 10 account, I get an error logged in the windows event viewer logs:

Code:
    Faulting application name: ShellExperienceHost.exe, version: 10.0.17134.1, time stamp: 0x5ace103a

Faulting module name: twinapi.appcore.dll, version: 10.0.17134.112, time stamp: 0x77b6f555

Exception code: 0xc000027b

Fault offset: 0x000000000009c275

Faulting process ID: 0x13f0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d40ef1a4578de3

Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\SystemApps\ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\ShellExperienceHost.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\twinapi.appcore.dll

Report ID: d0d123cf-3cc0-480b-ad57-1e479db387b3

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_10.0.17134.112_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy

Faulting package-relative application ID: App
    Any suggestions on how to restore my network list display?

Cyclelegs, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

How do I have my actual network name show? Not "network" (windows 10)

1. How do I have my actual network name show? Not "network" (windows 10) - Similar Threads - actual network name

2. How do I change the network name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the network name?: Greetings.I can't seem to find where to change the network name, the one the arrow is pointing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-network-name/0a1d78d0-2f98-4693-a3ad-927b3e71de2a
  3. How do I change the network name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the network name?: Greetings.I can't seem to find where to change the network name, the one the arrow is pointing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-network-name/0a1d78d0-2f98-4693-a3ad-927b3e71de2a
  4. How do I change the network name?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Someone's obnoxious wifi network name with emoji showing in my list of networks. How do I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Someone's obnoxious wifi network name with emoji showing in my list of networks. How do I...: Hello, I have a problem with an other people's annoying and obnoxious wifi name showing in my networks area. I have already found a solution here to block it. But the issue is the name needed to hide or block the network contains special characters like emojis, and I dont...
  6. Someone's obnoxious wifi network name with emoji showing in my list of networks. How do I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Someone's obnoxious wifi network name with emoji showing in my list of networks. How do I...: Hello, I have a problem with an other people's annoying and obnoxious wifi name showing in my networks area. I have already found a solution here to block it. But the issue is the name needed to hide or block the network contains special characters like emojis, and I dont...
  7. How do I change my network name?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change my network name?: I don't want the brand and model of my router displayed in the public list. I used to be able to change this but in Windows 10, it seems impossible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-network-name/95dff43d-aec4-4d84-9c0a-e7b7e516ba23
  8. How do I change a network name?

How do I change a network name?: I would like to rename a network from "Network 2" to, literally anything at this point. But I can't without having to use the registry editor, which is absurd. Every other thread I've read about this mentions registry edit. This is NOT a satisfactory answer. Those threads are...
  9. How do I change my network connection's name

How do I change my network connection's name: How do I change the network connection name?/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/how-do-i-change-my-network-connections-name/1e219d11-3cd1-4a96-9ade-a4b306a3d743
  10. How do I change name of my LAN network?

How do I change name of my LAN network?: I installed Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Build 10130 on a computer connected to the LAN via Ethernet and I updated it. How do I change, in a simple way, the name of my LAN network? Thanks Bye 7268