Windows 10: How do I have only the pin option while logging in?

Discus and support How do I have only the pin option while logging in? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to have the pin windows logging with out the “other login options” I want to be able to only use my pin always. I don’t want for my Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TRxz-FariZKiller, Apr 14, 2021.

1. How do I have only the pin option while logging in?

I want to have the pin windows logging with out the “other login options” I want to be able to only use my pin always. I don’t want for my Microsoft password unlock my pc

submitted by /u/TRxz-FariZKiller
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TRxz-FariZKiller, Apr 14, 2021
  2. chris-tea Win User

PIN log-in no longer an option

Greetings, I have a new HP computer that has W10 already installed. When I first set it up I was offered an alpha or numeric password log-in screen option. I chose the numeric PIN (four digit). I had this as my log-in and without having changed any user
    settings, accounts, or other similar features, I am no longer prompted to use my PIN. I am only able to log in with my alpha password. Yet I prefer a simple four digit pin over a long written password.

I have read other posts to find a remedy for this problem. I have tried to reset my account preferences including my password.

After reading many posts I see that the normal offered solutions are to select my pin over alpha password from the log-in scene option's menu. I do not have any options from which to do this. I have also read that I am to redo my account and then select
    using a PIN - which I have tried and PIN was never offered as an option.

Now I have a new password yet no pin option.

Anyone with any info on how to re-instate using a pin as a log in other than the two above suggestions, please let me know. Or, if you are also having this issue, could you tell us about it. Maybe it is not just a handful of us that have lost our PIN log
    in option ?

thanks in advance

chris-tea, Apr 14, 2021
  3. pin log in

Hi Keith,

You can change your PIN by following the steps below:

• Open Settings (keyboard shortcut: Windows + I) > Accounts >
      Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Change.
    • Enter your current PIN, enter and confirm the new PIN, then click OK.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Apr 14, 2021
  4. How do I have only the pin option while logging in?

How do you reset windows 10 log on pin password

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Sign-in options on the log on screen. Select Microsoft account.
    • Try logging in using Microsoft account and password.
    • Once you log into the system, try to change the PIN under accounts/sign-in page.
    • Select the Start
      How do I have only the pin option while logging in? [​IMG]
      button, then select
      Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.
    • Try to reset the PIN.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

How do I have only the pin option while logging in?

1. How do I have only the pin option while logging in? - Similar Threads - pin option while

2. How do I get into my laptop having only the PIN as an option and I don't know it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get into my laptop having only the PIN as an option and I don't know it?: I am typing on a different computer. I entered my PIN incorrectly on my laptop too many times and my fingerprint ID refuses to scan my finger so I can sign in. I have no other sign in options, there is no forget my PIN option either. The only option I have is to enter...
  3. How do I get into my laptop having only the PIN as an option and I don't know it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get into my laptop having only the PIN as an option and I don't know it?: I am typing on a different computer. I entered my PIN incorrectly on my laptop too many times and my fingerprint ID refuses to scan my finger so I can sign in. I have no other sign in options, there is no forget my PIN option either. The only option I have is to enter...
  4. How can I log in and change my PIN when the only option is "Configure your PIN" and I can't...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can I log in and change my PIN when the only option is "Configure your PIN" and I can't...: When I turn on my laptop my Microsoft email appears on screen and there is a message below saying: "Your PIN is not available. Click to configure your PIN again" and there is a click able message saying "Configure your PIN", but when I click on it, it says to me to go to...
  5. How can I log in and change my PIN when the only option is "Configure your PIN" and I can't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I log in and change my PIN when the only option is "Configure your PIN" and I can't...: When I turn on my laptop my Microsoft email appears on screen and there is a message below saying: "Your PIN is not available. Click to configure your PIN again" and there is a click able message saying "Configure your PIN", but when I click on it, it says to me to go to...
  6. How do I remove the log in pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove the log in pin: This is driving me nuts for the past couple minutes every source I find says disable windows hello but I don't even see that option I'm not on a local account and I'm a admin so why can't I see it...
  7. How do I remove the log in pin

How do I remove the log in pin: This is driving me nuts for the past couple minutes every source I find says disable windows hello but I don't even see that option I'm not on a local account and I'm a admin so why can't I see it...
  8. How do I remove the PIN option and use only the password while on the lock screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove the PIN option and use only the password while on the lock screen?: I changed the name on my Windows 10's lock screen from my full name to my first and last name, and I want to remove the PIN option and use only the password while on the lock screen....
  9. How do I remove the PIN option and use only the password while on the lock screen?

How do I remove the PIN option and use only the password while on the lock screen?: I changed the name on my Windows 10's lock screen from my full name to my first and last name, and I want to remove the PIN option and use only the password while on the lock screen....
  10. How do I remove the PIN option and use only the password while on the lock screen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen