Windows 10: how do i have the search results on the screen?

Discus and support how do i have the search results on the screen? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Earlier I searched for something and it showed me the results but they don't stay on the screen. I want the program to stay on the screen so I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ironfist, Jul 14, 2016.

1. ironfist Win User

how do i have the search results on the screen?

Earlier I searched for something and it showed me the results but they don't stay on the screen. I want the program to stay on the screen so I can click on more than one result.

Here I will clarify. I want to find all the .doc files on my computer. I go to the search and type *.doc. It shows me some. I click on documents and it lists a few more. I prefer to see every .doc file on my computer and have the screen stay there so that if I click on one it will open and then I can click on a different result without having to search before I can do it.

:)

ironfist, Jul 14, 2016
  2. JGT
    jgt Win User

how do I change the number of search results in Edge

Rob, much thanks changing the BING number helps! Currently with Edge I'm using BING as the search engine.

3. how do I change the number of search results in Edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

Number of search results in Edge depends on what you are trying to search and the Search Engine which you have set with Edge.

The number of results will change with different word which you use to search.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Sudharshan M K, Jul 14, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello ironfist, *Smile

You could right click on the item in the search results, then press and hold the Shift key and click on Open file location to open it in a new window.

Brink, Jul 14, 2016
  5. Also, I don't use the Windows search I use Everything Search Engine by Voidtools. Your results will be available until you close Everything Search
    Totally free (donations accepted), very fast and very easy to use but it only searches NTFS format.
    There is a Portable version (which I use) so you can test it before installing

FrillyBits, Jul 15, 2016
  6. ironfist Win User
    Here is another way to explain it.

When I search for .txt files, I want to see EACH .txt file on my computer. I want them to be open in a window where I can click on all of them.

ironfist, Jul 18, 2016
  7. Using Everything Search put * before the search word, for example
    *.txt

It is explained in the Everything Search > Menu > Help > Syntax Search

FrillyBits, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. how do i have the search results on the screen? - Similar Threads - search results screen

2. When I do a search Windows is not showing all the results

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I do a search Windows is not showing all the results: I need to click on arrows all the time to show me all the files and folders from the result. This is extremely annoying to me when I try to grab all the files from the folders I searched and throw them in one folder to organize.Every time I go a step forward into a folder to...
  3. When I do a search Windows is not showing all the results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I do a search Windows is not showing all the results: I need to click on arrows all the time to show me all the files and folders from the result. This is extremely annoying to me when I try to grab all the files from the folders I searched and throw them in one folder to organize.Every time I go a step forward into a folder to...
  4. When I do a search Windows is not showing all the results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Search window is bugged and all the search results are squished in the top part. How do I...

in Cortana
    Search window is bugged and all the search results are squished in the top part. How do I...: For the last few weeks, I've been having this problem where whenever I try to search for something all the results are squished within the top 1/4th of the search overlay. If I just open the search from the search bar, it opens of squished and then fixes itself after a few...
  6. How do I drag an item from Explorer search results into Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I drag an item from Explorer search results into Taskbar?: How do I drag an item from Explorer search results into Taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-drag-an-item-from-explorer-search-results/c86dd86c-031b-4e2b-a6b9-dfdccd702784
  7. How do I disable web results on bottom search bar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I disable web results on bottom search bar?: I want the bottom search bar to search my computer. If I wanted web results I’d google it. How do I fix this “feature” [bug] submitted by /u/Jim_from_snowy_river [link] [comments]...
  8. Something's wrong with TOR's search results screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Something's wrong with TOR's search results screen.: Im using Win10 ver 2004. Most of the browsers are working fine except TOR. Its not showing search results in full screen but it shows its inbuilt features like settings & task manager in full screen. Whatever i search is not in full screen & thick black rectangles covering...
  9. Search Results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Results: When I search my Documents directory, I often get results from .css, .js etc when really all I want are folders, .html, .pdf How to I stop the .css, .js files appearing in the search results? I know I can apply filters afterwards but having to do so when all I want to do...
  10. How do I fix start menu search for web results?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I fix start menu search for web results?: Whenever I hit the start button, and type something in to search the web. I get this pop up "you'll need a new app to open this ms-appx-web". This started after the April Windows 10 update, how do I fix this so I can make web searches from just the start menu?...