Windows 10: How do I have Windows File Explorer show file info at bottom?

Discus and support How do I have Windows File Explorer show file info at bottom? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In the last couple days I've noticed that my Windows Explorer no longer displays a panel with file info on selected files. Image resolution, Video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BringMeASunkist, Jul 30, 2019.

1. How do I have Windows File Explorer show file info at bottom?

In the last couple days I've noticed that my Windows Explorer no longer displays a panel with file info on selected files. Image resolution, Video resolution, that sort of thing. The bottom bar shows me file size but I'm looking for a bit more info that's quickly accessible. How do I get this back? How do I have Windows File Explorer show file info at bottom? de4b1d60-33da-49b9-9edb-88fdfed2aedb?upload=true.png

:)

BringMeASunkist, Jul 30, 2019
  2. geno368 Win User

Some files listed in Windows Explorer are blue font

I seem to have run out of room on a Windows XP Pro system. I tried to defrag but don't have but 7% room available. I looked in Windows Explorer to try to find some huge files that might be corrupt and I see a few that are listed in blue. What does that mean? I have not compressed anything on purpose. Thanks

geno368, Jul 30, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 30, 2019
  4. slozomby Win User

How do I have Windows File Explorer show file info at bottom?

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

How do I have Windows File Explorer show file info at bottom?

1. How do I have Windows File Explorer show file info at bottom? - Similar Threads - File Explorer show

2. File Explore Recent Files Are Showing File I Have Not Accessed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explore Recent Files Are Showing File I Have Not Accessed: Hello.In File Explore, under Recent, it is listing files that I have not opened/moved/touched. It shows a time stamp of now or a few minutes ago. The files are on OneDrive. I am not sharing my OneDrive with anybody. They are Word and Excel documents. I have not opened either...
  3. File Explore Recent Files Are Showing File I Have Not Accessed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explore Recent Files Are Showing File I Have Not Accessed: Hello.In File Explore, under Recent, it is listing files that I have not opened/moved/touched. It shows a time stamp of now or a few minutes ago. The files are on OneDrive. I am not sharing my OneDrive with anybody. They are Word and Excel documents. I have not opened either...
  4. How do I prevent Appledouble files from showing in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I prevent Appledouble files from showing in File Explorer?: There are a couple of users in our company who use Macbooks. Since all of our files are stored in Dropbox, if either of the Mac users access files or folders there, their OS creates "Appledouble" file entries prefixed with "._".I know the reasons why these entries are...
  5. How do I prevent Appledouble files from showing in File Explorer?

How do I prevent Appledouble files from showing in File Explorer?: There are a couple of users in our company who use Macbooks. Since all of our files are stored in Dropbox, if either of the Mac users access files or folders there, their OS creates "Appledouble" file entries prefixed with "._".I know the reasons why these entries are...
  6. How Do I Fix This File Explorer Thingy On The Bottom?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How Do I Fix This File Explorer Thingy On The Bottom?: I have had this weird thing show up on the bottom telling me the following: 10 files, Disk free space: 48.3GB And then Computer on the right corner.I will circle it in red with what I am talking about, this is very confusing and I don't know where to begin with fixing this....
  7. How Do I Fix This File Explorer Thingy On The Bottom?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Fix This File Explorer Thingy On The Bottom?: I have had this weird thing show up on the bottom telling me the following: 10 files, Disk free space: 48.3GB And then Computer on the right corner.I will circle it in red with what I am talking about, this is very confusing and I don't know where to begin with fixing this....
  8. How Do I Fix This File Explorer Thingy On The Bottom?

9. How do I get that bottom Windows Explorer Taskbar that shows information about a file in...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get that bottom Windows Explorer Taskbar that shows information about a file in...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Jeremiah_Naidoo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ig91n6/how_do_i_get_that_bottom_windows_explorer_taskbar/
  10. File explorer shows wrong info in pc view.

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer shows wrong info in pc view.: Why would file explorer show usb and dvd when there isn't loaded? [img] What it shows as there is the two flowers from and earlier view,.in which the usb was there. This shows even after a reboot. 138444