Windows 10: How Do I Hide Favicons in Microsoft Edge?

Discus and support How Do I Hide Favicons in Microsoft Edge? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I realize that many people like seeing the favicons (website icons) in their bookmark menu, but I can't stand looking at them! How can I prevent these... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Joel and Sonja, Feb 27, 2018.

1. How Do I Hide Favicons in Microsoft Edge?

I realize that many people like seeing the favicons (website icons) in their bookmark menu, but I can't stand looking at them! How can I prevent these eyesores from showing up in the bookmarks menu? I tried to find an extension, but no such luck. Is there a feature in the settings to turn them off? I would like to turn them off in the bookmarks menu, as well as the bookmarks toolbar. Any help would be appreciated!

:)

Joel and Sonja, Feb 27, 2018
  2. Hugo 12 Win User

Favicons don't show up in IE or Edge

All but one of my Favicons are working.

Found the favicon listed in the files but will not show on the favorites list??

Recently imported the favorites list to this computer and ended up with this odd ball favicon. How can one not work and how would I reset it?

I use IE11, have no use for the non-robust EDGE.

Hugo 12, Feb 27, 2018
  3. Favicons? Do they exist in Microsoft Edge?

No, I never got an answer to this question. Do you have a solution that will work?

Richard Laub, Feb 27, 2018
  4. Helmut Win User

How Do I Hide Favicons in Microsoft Edge?

Settings > Favourites Bar > On/Off > Icons only On/Off, much the same as in IE 11.
    If you don't want anything in the Favourites Bar delete them, again same as in any Favourites Folder in Edge/IE 11.

Same in Chrome, and probably any other Web Browser.

Helmut, Feb 27, 2018
  5. That's not what I was asking. I want to know how to remove the icons from the bookmark menus so that the text is the only thing that's visible. The goal is to have 'text only' bookmarks.

Joel and Sonja, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How Do I Hide Favicons in Microsoft Edge?

1. How Do I Hide Favicons in Microsoft Edge? - Similar Threads - Hide Favicons Microsoft

2. Favicon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Favicon: Did Microsoft drop support for Favicon? Used to be, just about every web-site would have an icon that would be displayed when saving a URL link on the Windows desktop. I am using chrome, but Favicon seems to be broken with Edge too. Now, every link gets the Icon for the host...
  3. Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons: I recently had to replace my hard drive and I am trying to load the Favicons file from my old user directory and get Error "0x800704C8 This operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open". I was able to move the bookmark file so all my bookmarks show...
  4. Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons: I recently had to replace my hard drive and I am trying to load the Favicons file from my old user directory and get Error "0x800704C8 This operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open". I was able to move the bookmark file so all my bookmarks show...
  5. Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. how do I remove Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I remove Microsoft edge: I have tried for serval years to remove it from my laptop and desktop to no avail. I am finally making a post here in hopes that i can get some answers. the only ways I've seen include installing some program that goes into root privilege's to remove it because it has higher...
  7. How do i hide files, signed by Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i hide files, signed by Microsoft?: In order to remove bloatware that installed itself in the C:/Windows folder and its subfolders, I need to hide files signed by Microsoft because theres no softwareor i cant find it for the job...
  8. How do I remove/hide this bullshit by Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remove/hide this bullshit by Microsoft?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/coffeezak [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j3ursc/how_do_i_removehide_this_bullshit_by_microsoft/
  9. Ms Edge and favicons.

in Browsers and Email
    Ms Edge and favicons.: About 3/4 of my favorites, all in folders on the bookmarks bar, do not have favicons. Most of my web pages are well known like facebook, youtube, abc news and ny post. Is there a way to generate them, or is this something edge is working on. Henry 61284
  10. Favicons in Edge Favourites Bar...

in Browsers and Email
    Favicons in Edge Favourites Bar...: Since the last update, all the favicons in my favourites bar have changed to a 5-point star. If I hide, then show the favourites bar again via settings, the correct site favicons re-appear, but then revert to stars the next time I open Edge. Any ideas, please? 30390

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hide favicons

2. remove favicons from edge

3. show favicons in edge

4. where is edge defaualt favicon,
  5. how do you show favicons on edge,
  6. stop favicons appearing in edge browser,
  7. remove favicons on edge favorites,
  8. favicon not showing in edge,
  9. how to remove icons & favicons in microsoft edge,
  10. how to create favicon for microsoft edge,
  11. ms edge show favicons,