Windows 10: How do I hide media controls on the lock screen?

Discus and support How do I hide media controls on the lock screen? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to be able to still use media controls normally while I'm logged in, but don't want it to appear on the lock screen. Chrome has a setting to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/namelessfuck, Jan 9, 2020.

1. How do I hide media controls on the lock screen?

I want to be able to still use media controls normally while I'm logged in, but don't want it to appear on the lock screen. Chrome has a setting to disable media controls, but that disables it entirely, which I don't want. I just want it to be hidden on the lock screen.

submitted by /u/namelessfuck
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/namelessfuck, Jan 9, 2020

2. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Jan 9, 2020
  3. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

How do I hide media controls on the lock screen? [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Jan 9, 2020
  4. YoKid Win User

How do I hide media controls on the lock screen?

Locking/Hiding Folders.

Hi,
    I'm just looking for another program that would let me hide/lock some of the folders on my computer. Of course, easy to use and doesnt effect my computer in anyway.

I am using "Folder Lock" at the moment, but it is causing some trouble with blue screens popping up randomly (the windrvNT.Sys). I did a little research and was told that I either need to uninstall Folder Lock or rename the windrvNT.sys file, but it's such a pain; so thats why I'm here looking for a better program to lock/hide my folders/files.

*Note: I'm looking for a "program", not a trick *Eek! How do I hide media controls on the lock screen? :eek: .
    Thanks in Advance~

YoKid-

YoKid, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

How do I hide media controls on the lock screen?

1. How do I hide media controls on the lock screen? - Similar Threads - hide media controls

2. Controls on media player won't hide

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controls on media player won't hide: All I want to do it hide the controls on windows media player but there doesn't seem like there's any option to do this. Searching for the problems leads me to answers saying I need to click on 'tools'. There is no tools button or option that I can see. The only thing I can...
  3. Controls on media player won't hide

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Controls on media player won't hide: All I want to do it hide the controls on windows media player but there doesn't seem like there's any option to do this. Searching for the problems leads me to answers saying I need to click on 'tools'. There is no tools button or option that I can see. The only thing I can...
  4. Lock Screen Media Controls and Information. Accuracy?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen Media Controls and Information. Accuracy?: Windows 11, as in Windows 10, has controls and track information on the Lock Screen.In Windows 10, this was very accurate complete with Album Art.In Windows 11, this information seems to be inaccurate or missing....
  5. Lock Screen Media Controls and Information. Accuracy?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen Media Controls and Information. Accuracy?: Windows 11, as in Windows 10, has controls and track information on the Lock Screen.In Windows 10, this was very accurate complete with Album Art.In Windows 11, this information seems to be inaccurate or missing....
  6. Lock Screen Media Controls and Information. Accuracy?

7. Lock Screen Media Controls and Information. Accuracy?

8. Windows lock screen shows media player controls

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows lock screen shows media player controls: My lock screen shows the Windows media player controls in the lower right-hand area. I want to turn this off because I expect more privacy about what I was listening to or viewing, and this is visible to anyone who walks by my laptop. I went to Settings for the lock screen,...
  9. How Do I Disable the Media Controls That Appear On the Windows 10 Lock Screen?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How Do I Disable the Media Controls That Appear On the Windows 10 Lock Screen?: [IMG] How do I disable the media controls that appear on the Windows 10 lock screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-the-media-controls-that-appear-on/b5e192b3-2c49-49f7-bcea-210068d770fb
  10. Media Controls on the Windows 10 Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Media Controls on the Windows 10 Lock Screen: How do I activate the media controls on my Windows 10 Lock Screen? My Lock Screen allows play music normally, but it no longer shows these media controls, as it did before an important Windows 10 update I don't remember if it was after version 1703, 1709, ... or 1809. The...