Windows 10: How do I hide optional updates to Win10 like we could in Win7Pro?

Discus and support How do I hide optional updates to Win10 like we could in Win7Pro? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; There are a few optional updates hanging around that are related to the Intel microprocessor that I will never update via Microsoft. These types of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PapaMilano, Oct 12, 2020.

1. How do I hide optional updates to Win10 like we could in Win7Pro?

There are a few optional updates hanging around that are related to the Intel microprocessor that I will never update via Microsoft. These types of updates will only be performed by me directly from the chip manufacturer. So I would like to hide these optional updates from the Win10 updates area. How can I accomplish this?

:)

PapaMilano, Oct 12, 2020

2. Install win7pro over a win10 upgrade

I bought a Dell XPS computer w/win8.1 and used the free upgrade to win10. I have a win7pro install disk with the product key and desire to revert back to win7pro as win10 is not meeting my needs. If I wipe the drive can I then install the win7pro product?
    The computer I originally installed the win7pro OS in I have since installed a Linux OS hence the win7pro product is not being used presently. Can I then remove win10 from the Dell machine by wiping the drive using DBAN and install the win7pro product in it?
    Please advise and thanks in advance...

R/John S.

J.W. Sargent, Oct 12, 2020
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Oct 12, 2020
  4. How do I hide optional updates to Win10 like we could in Win7Pro?

Install win7pro over a win10 upgrade

Good Morning Kalpana,

Thank you for your feedback, most appreciated. I will not be RE-installing Win7Pro, but instead doing an fresh Installation of Win7Pro. The original OS in the Dell Computer was Win8.1 and I used the free upgrade offer to install Win10. I am not satisfied
    with Win10 nor 8.1 hence my desire to revert back to and install Win7Pro using my Product Key that came with the Win7Pro installation CD that I purchased (and had installed on another computer that no longer uses it). I have backed up all my files and was
    thinking it would be best to clean the drive using DBAN first to get rid of any/all bloat then installing Win7Pro. In your opinion should this plan of mine work? LMK and thanks again...

J.W. Sargent, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

How do I hide optional updates to Win10 like we could in Win7Pro?

1. How do I hide optional updates to Win10 like we could in Win7Pro? - Similar Threads - hide optional updates

2. Hide Optional Updates - HOW DO YOU HIDE UPDATES YOU DONT WANT!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hide Optional Updates - HOW DO YOU HIDE UPDATES YOU DONT WANT!!!: HOW DO YOU HIDE UPDATES YOU DONT WANT!!! I dont want these Intel Updates - how do I get windows to HIDE THEM' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hide-optional-updates-how-do-you-hide-updates-you/fbc2b17f-5228-4a14-841f-bc845fbeaf2b
  3. Hiding Optional Update

Hiding Optional Update: Under my optional updates, I have one for a driver that doesn't requireupdates i.e. it won't update even if I ask it too since the driver is alreadyup to date, and I wish to hide it so I don't keep thinking I need to update mydevice. However, I am unsure how to do this since...
  4. How do I get Win10 to look like this everywhere?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get Win10 to look like this everywhere?: I'm running Win10 Pro 64-bit and I am not crazy about the OEM GUI. I installed OpenShell and used System Font Changer to have Eurostile 11pt in as many places as possible because 1. I've used Eurostile since my Win95 days 2. I think Segoe is terribly ugly.' I have used...
  5. How to Hide Optional Windows Updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to Hide Optional Windows Updates?: In Win-7- Hiding Optional Updates was Easy, and made my system load/run Much Faster! In Win-10- Is there a way to Hide Optional Windows Updates? 154863
  6. Stuck on "setup is preparing" screen while upgrading from Win7Pro to Win10

Stuck on "setup is preparing" screen while upgrading from Win7Pro to Win10: Trying to install WIN10 on one of our computers. It has Win7 Pro. Using Windows creation tool. Its after 7:30 pm now and since 3:30 am this morning it has been stuck on a screen displaying the following message: Setup is preparing your computer for first use. And I guess...
  7. Attempting Win7Pro to win10 upgrade Win10 insistists on HOME not PRO

Attempting Win7Pro to win10 upgrade Win10 insistists on HOME not PRO: Have here DELL XPS 8900 running Win7 Pro for several years. When I bought the XPS8900 it had Win10 Home installed. For several reasons I bought a retail Win7 Pro and did a clean install on the system back then. Now I want to try Win 10 again, but win 10 PRO. I downloaded the...
  8. How do I hide an update?

How do I hide an update?: My Windows 10 Update keeps installing update KB4023057. How do I stop this from happening? Cheers Graham https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-hide-an-update/9f02635a-b34d-4220-8f90-12569675c6a0
  9. Networking Win10Pro to Win7Pro stopped working. How do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networking Win10Pro to Win7Pro stopped working. How do I fix it?: I have two computers which I have had networked together for nearly two years. The Win10 computer is dedicated to 3D graphics and kept offline most of the time. I Enable the network connection when I need to transfer files from one computer to the other and Disable the...
  10. How Many Firewalls etc. Do We have in Win10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How Many Firewalls etc. Do We have in Win10?: I have my win10 firewall enabled. I get hassles, can't see my IP cameras, want to check it's not the firewall, I disable it. Is that it? Or may there be other firewalls or similar that I need to look at? For instance I run Avira. Today I can find nothing about...