Windows 10: How do I identify the disk referred to in an Event Viewer message?

Discus and support How do I identify the disk referred to in an Event Viewer message? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I hear frequent USB disconnect sounds, and I suspect one of my external USB drives is the problem (WD 8TB Elements Desktop USB 3.0 External Hard Drive)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by perkinw, May 26, 2021.

1. perkinw Win User

How do I identify the disk referred to in an Event Viewer message?

I hear frequent USB disconnect sounds, and I suspect one of my external USB drives is the problem (WD 8TB Elements Desktop USB 3.0 External Hard Drive) because it sometimes happens during a Macrium backup and the Macrium log shows the error "Warning: WriteFile failed failed - 433.". I have replaced the USB cable more than once and tried connecting the cable to different USB ports. This seems to help in the short-run, but eventually I'll start hearing the USB disconnect. I would like to know if the problem is in my computer or in the USB drive. I see the following error in Event Viewer. The time of the event is when I heard the first USB disconnect today. I assume DR5 is the drive in question, but I have no way of knowing. Windows 10.0.19042

:)

perkinw, May 26, 2021
  2. spike47 Win User

Error in event viewer

Hi

I keep geting the following in the Event viewer ,
    The description for Event ID (4) in source ( SuperProServer ) cannot be found . the local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display message from a remote computer . You may be able to use /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description . The following information is part of the event, The event log file is corrupt .

has anyone any ideas has to what this means .

cheers

spike47, May 26, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Error in Event Viewer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned, you have performed a repair installation on the computer and you see Event 508, 510 and 533 in Event Viewer.

I would like to inform that if you see any critical error in Event Viewer, please share the event logs with us to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please follow the steps mentioned below to share the event logs:

1. Press Windows + X from the keyboard, select
      Event Viewer.
    2. Expand Windows Logs from the left pane and select
      Applications.
    3. Click Filter Current Log from extreme right pane. Then in the new windows check the box beside
      Error and click OK.
    4. Now, look for a critical Error in the list and note down the message/information from the
      General Tab in the lower section.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 26, 2021
  4. vanp Win User

ESENT Messages in Event Viewer

A week ago I saw some ESENT messages in Event Viewer. I don't have a clue what this stuff is about so I gave up on it and hoped it wouldn't be a problem. Today there are more messages, and the more I clicked around in Event Viewer the more messages were created. If all else fails I can restore a system image from 2 weeks ago, and everything should be OK. Anybody know what's going on here? Even if it's not a practical problem, I'd rather make it go away and not have to put up with it forever. See image. Thank you.

How do I identify the disk referred to in an Event Viewer message? [​IMG]

Thema:

1. How do I identify the disk referred to in an Event Viewer message? - Similar Threads - identify disk referred

2. Event Viewer Disk Degrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event Viewer Disk Degrade: when I look at Event Viewer there is a certain error that concerns me... Disk is starting to degrade. New SMART event detected. why would my drive be degrading if this is a new pc? Disk model: SAMSUNG MZVLQ1T0HBLB-00BH1 Disk serial: S673NJ0T235283 event id 7002 1.866.577.3562...
  3. Event viewer message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event viewer message: Can anybody please explain this message.Is it important, and if so, how to fix?Message appears every day. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-viewer-message/0df78dd4-7476-42dd-81aa-9a9e8e46ed69
  4. Event viewer message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event viewer message: Can anybody please explain this message.Is it important, and if so, how to fix?Message appears every day. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-viewer-message/0df78dd4-7476-42dd-81aa-9a9e8e46ed69
  5. Event viewer message

6. disk error event viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disk error event viewer: Hello, last week i started hearing random clicks from my HD and these rrors in event viewer: The IO operation at logical block address 0xd350160 for Disk 0 PDO name: \Device\00000034 failed due to a hardware error.The shadow copies of volume C: were aborted because of an IO...
  7. disk error event viewer

disk error event viewer: Hello, last week i started hearing random clicks from my HD and these rrors in event viewer: The IO operation at logical block address 0xd350160 for Disk 0 PDO name: \Device\00000034 failed due to a hardware error.The shadow copies of volume C: were aborted because of an IO...
  8. disk error event viewer

9. Event viewer error message

Event viewer error message: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001a 0x0000000000006000, 0xffff800fdf8c68e0, 0xffffffffc0000225, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: aa93d767-cdf9-4308-8724-20e4c099006c. Help, my computer has been...
  10. ESENT Messages in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Support
    ESENT Messages in Event Viewer: A week ago I saw some ESENT messages in Event Viewer. I don't have a clue what this stuff is about so I gave up on it and hoped it wouldn't be a problem. Today there are more messages, and the more I clicked around in Event Viewer the more messages were created. If all else...