Windows 10: How do I import contacts file to mail?

Discus and support How do I import contacts file to mail? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I import contacts in a documents file to mail@... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DavidHuntZY, Nov 22, 2021.

1. How do I import contacts file to mail?

How do I import contacts in a documents file to mail@

:)

DavidHuntZY, Nov 22, 2021
  2. Helmut Win User

Import contacts into Mail

The linked People App is where contacts are, the link is next to the Cog in The Mail App.
    You can't use the *.CSV file directly however you can link with a Gmail Account.
    Use the Webmail interface for Gmail > Contacts > More > Import > Contacts from CSV.

You maybe able to do this with an Outlook Mail Account, though I don't find that specific option.
    Or maybe some other Account you have selected in the People App, or setup in the Mail App.

Helmut, Nov 22, 2021
  3. geercom Win User
    Need Outlook 2010 to work or get Mail & Cal to import contacts

I don't understand what it means by "Create one or more folders in the list of folders that synchronize with your Outlook.com account". What does that mean? Are you saying you can create these folders somewhere inside Outlook.com and that the folders have to have the same names as the WLM folders? I don't understand. What folders are the ones that sync with Outlook.com? Where are these?

geercom, Nov 22, 2021
  4. MarkB Win User

How do I import contacts file to mail?

Simple way to import Thunderbird contacts into Win10 Mail

Thanks to everyone who wrote on this before me. I got ideas from them, and it helped me find that I think is a simple way to import Thunderbird contacts into Windows10 Mail. (Note that I'm using the latest version of Win10 in July 2019.)

1. Export the Thunderbird contacts as a .csv file to your computer.

2. Open Gmail. (If you are not using a Gmail account with Win10 Mail, open one. You can easily delete it later.)

3. In your Gmail account's online dashboard click on "help" and type in "import contacts." It will explain the simple steps to import the .csv file you saved from Thunderbird.

4.Once the contacts are in your Gmail account, go to Win10 Mail and click on Mange Accounts. Highlight your gmail account name. In the next menu click on "options for syncing your content." In the next menu click on "sync contacts and calendars". Click on "every 15 mins."

5. Back out out of that screen and go to the contacts icon on Windows10 Mail. You new contacts, email addresses, etc. should be there, if not right away, soon.

PS After decades of using email programs that work on WinX I have not found one that's foolproof. I would pay $$ for a simple, shock-proof email program. I hope this version of Mail is better. (I just moved from Win7 & Thunderbird to Win10.)

MarkB, Nov 22, 2021
Thema:

How do I import contacts file to mail?

1. How do I import contacts file to mail? - Similar Threads - import contacts file

2. How do I import contacts file to mail?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I import contacts file to mail?: How do I import contacts in a documents file to mail@ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-import-contacts-file-to-mail/c3f605a6-ac33-4048-85f4-b4c2e77b5fda
  3. How do I import contacts file to mail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I import contacts file to mail?: How do I import contacts in a documents file to mail@ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-import-contacts-file-to-mail/c3f605a6-ac33-4048-85f4-b4c2e77b5fda
  4. how to import contact csv file into live mail

how to import contact csv file into live mail: How do I import contacts csv file into Windows Live Mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-import-contact-csv-file-into-live-mail/f0dd966c-0a74-4a2a-b564-8d96d1424568
  5. How can I import a CSV file of CONTACTS into Windows 10 MAIL?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I import a CSV file of CONTACTS into Windows 10 MAIL?: the question is "How can I import a CSV file of CONTACTS into Windows 10 MAIL?" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-import-a-csv-file-of-contacts-into/88f590f5-0ed5-4ab3-b34f-766335300aec
  6. How to import contacts into Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to import contacts into Windows 10 Mail: How do we import contacts into Windows 10 Mail, this seems to be an unanswered problem effecting many people. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-import-contacts-into-windows-10-mail/a2f9786c-c706-4817-956c-86fa45c1f8d6
  7. importing .vcf contacts into MS Mail - how do I?

importing .vcf contacts into MS Mail - how do I?: I have my MS Mail pointed to my Yahoo account. I need to import contacts from here C:\Users\cechi\Contacts - how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-vcf-contacts-into-ms-mail-how-do-i/f912bfd9-4d93-4633-a8aa-d859ab1b308d"
  8. window mail importing contacts

window mail importing contacts: I have contacts exported from outlook that I would like to import into mail. In these contacts I have groups. I see some (very old) contacts show up in my people but nothing current. How can I make a direct import into this program?...
  9. Import contacts to mail app

Import contacts to mail app: Hey, How can I import contacts from my ...mail.com email account into the mail app on the new microsoft surface laptop. I can only see support for Google accounts...
  10. Import contacts into Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Import contacts into Mail: Can someone please tell me how to import my Thunderbird email contacts into Win10 Mail? I have exported my TB address book to a cvs file if that is any help. Thanks in advance. 86249