Windows 10: How do I Import email messages from WLM windows 7 desktop to a new laptop running windows...

Discus and support How do I Import email messages from WLM windows 7 desktop to a new laptop running windows... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Am in the process of moving from an HP desktop to HP laptop. Desktop runs on windows 7 and i have been using live mail 2011. New laptop is running on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kristensandifer, Aug 8, 2019.

1. How do I Import email messages from WLM windows 7 desktop to a new laptop running windows...

Am in the process of moving from an HP desktop to HP laptop. Desktop runs on windows 7 and i have been using live mail 2011. New laptop is running on windows 10 and have set up outlook as my email. Want to import message storage folders from windows live email into outlook as i have approx 9 yrs of email history Please advise best way to do this. Ps- outlook trial version is installed on desktop but trial expired 9 yrs ago

:)

kristensandifer, Aug 8, 2019

2. Windows 7 Club

I've been using Windows 7 since it was released as beta, and I must say I love it. My laptop and desktop are now currently running Windows 7 Ultimate Signature Edition. *Smile How do I Import email messages from WLM windows 7 desktop  to a new laptop running windows... :) Why is my name not on this list?! haha *Stick Out Tongue How do I Import email messages from WLM windows 7 desktop  to a new laptop running windows... :p

Bluefox1115, Aug 8, 2019
  3. dsafety Win User
    Importing WLM folders into Windows 10 mail

I have just learned that sometime in June 2016, email from @hotmail.com or @outlook.com will no longer be retrievable by Windows Live Mail. The suggested solution to this problem is for users with Hotmail or Outlook accounts to switch to the new Mail client
    that is included in Windows 10.

This is an idiotic move on the part of Microsoft but then we have seen things like this before, (remember Vista and Windows 8?). The new Mail app is not a very good email client but if I will no longer be able to view my Hotmail emails in WLM I have to come
    up with a solution. The problem is that I have created an extensive collection of storage folders in WLM that store mail based on their subject. The new Mail app will be useless to me if I cannot access these folders from within the app.

I have searched this forum and the rest of the Internet but have not been able to find a way to import storage folders into Windows 10 Mail. Is this possible?

What I would really like to do is to import my entire WLM store folder into Windows 10 Mail. Hopefully someone can help me with this issue.

dsafety, Aug 8, 2019
  4. grahambm Win User

How do I Import email messages from WLM windows 7 desktop to a new laptop running windows...

Import mail to windows 10

You can install WLM on Windows 10. Export all messages and contacts first then Import them into new WLM on Win 10.

But facing same problem and with no support now for WLM, I switched to Mozzilla Thunderbird for both Windows 7 and Windows 10. It is a free download and is able to import the mail and contacts you exported from WLM.

Thunderbird is quite similar to WLM, so once installed and configured, you will like it!

The Windows 10 Mail program is a joke unless you have very few emails and just one account.

ADDED: You don't mention how you email is now configured in WLM. If it is POP3, then you might consider switching it to IMAP before you transfer to Windows 10. With IMAP, all messages are stored on your ISP servers. When you create the new account in Thunderbird
    (or even Win10 Mail), the messages will automatically download. Downloaded POP messages stored on your computer won't sync like that, but they will if you move them into the new IMAP account on existing Win 7 WLM.

If you are already using IMAP, just set up your new mail program in Win10 and the mail will all magically be there!

In both cases, you need to export your contacts from WLM and then Thunderbird can import them. Various other ways if you use w10 mail.

grahambm, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

How do I Import email messages from WLM windows 7 desktop to a new laptop running windows...

1. How do I Import email messages from WLM windows 7 desktop to a new laptop running windows... - Similar Threads - Import email messages

2. how do i install windows 7 on new laptops? OR on latest laptop can i buy to run windows 7...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i install windows 7 on new laptops? OR on latest laptop can i buy to run windows 7...: I have a large softwareS made for windows 7 specificallytill today my HP 15 AMD APU is fine and runs windows 7 perfectlybut i need another laptop on which i can do same stuffpls provide a list of latest laptops on which i can run Win7...
  3. how do i install windows 7 on new laptops? OR on latest laptop can i buy to run windows 7...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i install windows 7 on new laptops? OR on latest laptop can i buy to run windows 7...: I have a large softwareS made for windows 7 specificallytill today my HP 15 AMD APU is fine and runs windows 7 perfectlybut i need another laptop on which i can do same stuffpls provide a list of latest laptops on which i can run Win7...
  4. move email messages from windows 7 computer to new windows 11 computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    move email messages from windows 7 computer to new windows 11 computer.: I have an old computer running windows 7. I was using windows mail on the computer. The hardware died, but the drive is ok.purchased a new dell running windows 11. Setup windows mail on the new computer. Since I only have the hard drive from the old computer, how do I get the...
  5. move email messages from windows 7 computer to new windows 11 computer.

move email messages from windows 7 computer to new windows 11 computer.: I have an old computer running windows 7. I was using windows mail on the computer. The hardware died, but the drive is ok.purchased a new dell running windows 11. Setup windows mail on the new computer. Since I only have the hard drive from the old computer, how do I get the...
  6. How do I run Windows 7 on iPhone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I run Windows 7 on iPhone?: I really want to be thrown in front of Windows 7 but I just don’t know how! Can you help me Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-run-windows-7-on-iphone/16a2b9fe-ac4d-46d2-a576-e94b5962b358
  7. Importing email messages from Mail for Windows 10 to Thunderbird

Importing email messages from Mail for Windows 10 to Thunderbird: Hi, I've been using Mail for Windows 10 and am now moving over to Thunderbird. One of my accounts only supports POP3 so the messages from the last few years are stored in Mail. As there is no Import/Export option in Mail, I've been trying to find out how I can achieve this....
  8. Does Outlook 2016 work with Windows 10 AND import WLM emails/contacts

in Browsers and Email
    Does Outlook 2016 work with Windows 10 AND import WLM emails/contacts: Still not liking Mail and Contacts. Is anyone using Outlook 2016 for email on Windows 10 without issue? Are you able to import mail and contacts from WLM into Outlook OK? 87208
  9. Please confirm that new Windows Mail cannot import from WLM

in Browsers and Email
    Please confirm that new Windows Mail cannot import from WLM: Ive recently migrated to Windows 10 and am happily using WLM. However having looked at Windows Mail it would seem logical to move to it. Ive tried it successfully with my POP3 account but can not see anyway of importing my existing emails from my PC (WLM). Ive done searches...
  10. how to move storage folders from w 7, wlm to wlm in win 10

how to move storage folders from w 7, wlm to wlm in win 10: I have w 7 with wlm and need to move only the storage folders to wlm in w 10 39724

Users found this page by searching for:

1. import wlm emails to Mail app

2. migrate wlm 2012 to outlook.com