Windows 10: How do I install a .cab file downloaded from Microsoft Update Catalog?

Discus and support How do I install a .cab file downloaded from Microsoft Update Catalog? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My H81 chipset is not on the list in this post. Windows Update MiniTool shows "pci\ven_8086&dev_8c3a" and "11.7.0.1040". I have downloaded the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Matthew Wai, Nov 6, 2019.

1. How do I install a .cab file downloaded from Microsoft Update Catalog?

My H81 chipset is not on the list in this post. Windows Update MiniTool shows "pci\ven_8086&dev_8c3a" and "11.7.0.1040". I have downloaded the following from Microsoft Update Catalog.
    Intel - System - 7/18/2017 12:00:00 AM - 11.7.0.1040 Windows 10 and later drivers Drivers (Other Hardware) 2017/7/17 11.7.0.1040 168 KB
    It is a .cab file. How should I install it? I found no .exe file below.

:)

Matthew Wai, Nov 6, 2019
  2. PaulPChou Win User

installing drivers from the update catalog (cab files format)

My question is:

I installed two drivers I downloaded from the update catalog. They are in cab format. I extracted the two files and it created two folders. I opened both and when I saw files that states, setup information under type,
    I right clicked on it and clicked on install. The result states: The operation completed successfully. Does that mean the two drivers are installed correctly?

PaulPChou, Nov 6, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Download and Install Windows Update from Microsoft Update Catalog

Another way:
    Download WHDownloader (Windows Hotfix Downloader) 2.2
    Unzip to desktop or where ever then run.

1. Download the KB's list from catalog. Should run when starting the program to get the latest list.
    2. Select Office/Windows edition
    3. Put check mark(s) to select the KB's
    4. Download Updates.
    NOTE: The KB's with huge file size are normally the cumulative updates from one version to next. If you are currently running 1607 then you'd need to run the KB for 1073 first then run the next one (1709), The rest of the KB's are security updates, Flash Updates etc...

How do I install a .cab file downloaded from Microsoft Update Catalog? [​IMG]

topgundcp, Nov 6, 2019
  4. How do I install a .cab file downloaded from Microsoft Update Catalog?

Windows 10 update cab file Installer.

Problems with Windows 10 Updates are an ongoing issue now.
    and the possible solution to overcome this is by downloading the updates manually from the Microsoft®Update Catalog or using tools like WHDownloader (formerly Windows Hotfix Downloader)

The issue is that some times the packages will be CAB files and that's when the normal users won't be having an option about what to do next. Thus, to tackle this issue, I have managed to make a tiny program which will indeed help to Install those Cab file packages in windows without any troubles. How do I install a .cab file downloaded from Microsoft Update Catalog? :)

The program is in the attachment.
    Virus total results :
    32 Bit : VirusTotal
    64 Bit : VirusTotal

32 Bit : Windows 10 CAB Installer.zip
    64 Bit : Windows 10 CAB x64.zip

Note :
    #. The 32 bit version will work for 64 bit as well, Only compilation is optimized.
    #. Make sure the source cab file path does not have any space in between them. ("MyDocuments" instead of "My Documents")
    *No passwords

Related Tutorials

Shadow Delta, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

How do I install a .cab file downloaded from Microsoft Update Catalog?

1. How do I install a .cab file downloaded from Microsoft Update Catalog? - Similar Threads - install cab file

2. Run Windows Update using an update downloaded from microsoft *.cab file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run Windows Update using an update downloaded from microsoft *.cab file?: Run Windows Update using an update downloaded from microsoft *.cab file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-windows-update-using-an-update-downloaded-from/f2e89c0f-b139-438d-a318-af2a42eb5d89
  3. Run Windows Update using an update downloaded from microsoft *.cab file?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Run Windows Update using an update downloaded from microsoft *.cab file?: Run Windows Update using an update downloaded from microsoft *.cab file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-windows-update-using-an-update-downloaded-from/f2e89c0f-b139-438d-a318-af2a42eb5d89
  4. Run Windows Update using an update downloaded from microsoft *.cab file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Installing .cab download from the Microsoft Update Catalog, which went into the Download Folder

Installing .cab download from the Microsoft Update Catalog, which went into the Download Folder: I successfully downloaded an Intel Graphics Update from the Microsoft Update Catalog, which automatically went into the "download file," as a long string of letters and numbers, which at the end says.cab, and has it the same size listed as was shown in the Microsoft Update...
  6. Installing an update from the Microsoft Update Catalog, when it goes to the download folder...

Installing an update from the Microsoft Update Catalog, when it goes to the download folder...: I wanted to download and install Intel Graphics Update 20.19.15.5107 because HP Support Assistant said to, but the download from the HP website kept failing. The HP download sites seem to be all messed up. Then I used the "new EDGE" to search for this update. It was listed,...
  7. Installing update cab file

in Windows 10 Support
    Installing update cab file: Hello, I am trying to install an update in .cab format, "KB4519337". Searched the net how to install such update, and whatever I did, the answer was an error "could not find or open the file". Renamed the file's name to be a short name, copies it to C folder, always could not...
  8. installing drivers from the update catalog (cab files format)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    installing drivers from the update catalog (cab files format): hi Microsoft: I installed two drivers I downloaded from the update catalog. They are in cab format. I extracted the two files and it created two folders. I opened both and when I saw files that states, setup information under type, I right clicked on it and clicked on...
  9. How to install a new driver downloaded from Microsoft Update catalog ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to install a new driver downloaded from Microsoft Update catalog ?: As I encounter problems with my Lan driver Realtek and Windows 10 Pro 64, somone on the forum said me to download the last version from Microsoft update catalog which seems the good one. So I downloaded the driver but it is a .cab file. When I unpacked the files I obtain...
  10. Download and Install Windows Update from Microsoft Update Catalog

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Download and Install Windows Update from Microsoft Update Catalog: How to: Download and Install Windows Update from Microsoft Update Catalog [img] Information Most users obtain Windows Updates automatically through the Windows Update Service (aka WUS). Sometimes, however, an update may fail to download or install properly. At other...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. .cab win10 top program