Windows 10: How do I install a Cabinet Windows Update when there is no file with it?

Discus and support How do I install a Cabinet Windows Update when there is no file with it? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [ATTACH][ATTACH] Hello, how do I install a Cabinet Standalone Windows Update since my Windows Update does not work properly? The Cabinet Folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Shareef Ahmad Naeem, Sep 30, 2019.

1. How do I install a Cabinet Windows Update when there is no file with it?

How do I install a Cabinet Windows Update when there is no file with it? 855dc4a2-efab-468e-b2d3-9087493072c7?upload=true.png How do I install a Cabinet Windows Update when there is no file with it? 5d48621d-61c6-4bc2-bfed-93cb652e94fc?upload=true.png

Hello, how do I install a Cabinet Standalone Windows Update since my Windows Update does not work properly? The Cabinet Folder redirects me to the Windows Installer Package shown on the right, but it redirects me to a folder and I don't think there's a file to direct this to. This did not direct me to the folder in the dialog above, instead it directed me to OneDrive's Document, I screenshotted this folder in the dialog to avoid showing my personal files.

:)

Shareef Ahmad Naeem, Sep 30, 2019
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Oct 1, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 1, 2019
  4. jds21 Win User

How do I install a Cabinet Windows Update when there is no file with it?

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

How do I install a Cabinet Windows Update when there is no file with it?

1. How do I install a Cabinet Windows Update when there is no file with it? - Similar Threads - install Cabinet Update

2. A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted. Please verify the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted. Please verify the...: I tried looking for fixes online but they won't work for me: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-cabinet-file-necessary-for-installation-cannot/b27ade7d-a8ce-4495-90bf-ad5f1a9203b5
  3. A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted. Please verify the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted. Please verify the...: I tried looking for fixes online but they won't work for me: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-cabinet-file-necessary-for-installation-cannot/b27ade7d-a8ce-4495-90bf-ad5f1a9203b5
  4. can't open files and the have a file cabinet attached to the file icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't open files and the have a file cabinet attached to the file icon: Most of my Word, excel, and pdf's have a file cabinet attached to the file icon and when I try to click on those files, I am not able to open them. It is in One Drive and in my computer hard drive. Thought with having them in One Drive, my files were safe...
  5. Filing Cabinet Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Filing Cabinet Icons: Hello -All of my photos suddenly have a small filing cabinet icon on the lower left. I can't open them to send them. Can anyone please tell me how to get rid of these icons so I can access my photos again? I can see the thumbnails of the photos, it's just that it won't allow...
  6. Filing Cabinet Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Filing Cabinet Icons: Hello -All of my photos suddenly have a small filing cabinet icon on the lower left. I can't open them to send them. Can anyone please tell me how to get rid of these icons so I can access my photos again? I can see the thumbnails of the photos, it's just that it won't allow...
  7. windows 10 "This PC" file cabinet

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 "This PC" file cabinet: Hello, Can anyone explain the win 10 file cabinet to me. Starting with the "Quick Access" department? What is it and how do I use it ? thank you, Oscar Update: Let me change the above post. In window 10 Pro, when you click on the "This PC" folder, a window opens and...
  8. How do i check when windows update installed ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do i check when windows update installed ?: View Update History only show you the date windows installed but not the time, is there a way i can check what time the update installed ? 137826
  9. How do I use a cabinet standalone update? Which standalone updates do I use from multiple...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I use a cabinet standalone update? Which standalone updates do I use from multiple...: I managed to download the 2019-05 standalone updates. [ATTACH] However, the 2019-04 Update is a cabinet file, how do I use a cabinet file for an update? [ATTACH] I don't know which "Update for Microsoft Silverlight" to download. [ATTACH]I don't know which "Windows...
  10. Cabinet file nessecary for installation cannot be trusted" issue in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cabinet file nessecary for installation cannot be trusted" issue in windows 10: i just Instal dirrect x , and than its pop up some issue said htat " cabiinet file nessecary for installation cannot be trused". i used windows 10 64 bit. can someone help me with this installation please.. thanks....