Windows 10: How do I install a files and folders bckup? Windows 7 to Windows 10

Discus and support How do I install a files and folders bckup? Windows 7 to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Disk 2 (no drive letter) Does it show up after adding a drive letter to it? Drive Letter - Add, Change, or Remove in Windows - Windows 7 Help Forums Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tomween1, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

How do I install a files and folders bckup? Windows 7 to Windows 10

Brink, Aug 17, 2015
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member

This would be for Windows Backup instead of a from the system image.

Backup - Manually Extract Files from in Vista Windows 7 - Windows 7 Help Forums

Brink, Aug 17, 2015
  3. Tomween1 Win User
    Tomween1, Aug 17, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 17, 2015
  5. Tomween1 Win User
    Tomween1, Aug 17, 2015
  6. Tomween1 Win User
    So as to help me understand, if someone can, so to put closure on this..

Looking at the sequence here

How do I install a files and folders bckup? Windows 7 to Windows 10 [​IMG]

If you look at pane 3 the date shows 8/8 (this is the same in pane 1&2) however pane 4 shows todays date*Rolleyes

Why?

I feel I should be able to use one of these (file size file one 147gb. file size file two 2.59gb).

I'm I right in this thought?

Thank you

Tomween1, Aug 17, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. Were you able to restore the files you wanted?

Brink, Aug 17, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

You could most certainly try attaching that VHD file to see if you can access and recovery files from it if you like. *Smile

Brink, Aug 17, 2015
  9. Tomween1 Win User
    lol.. replace is something I still haven't tried yet.

And... after a bazillion tries, I was finally able to create drive F using the second file in the image shown above

So to tie in with what you've asked, how do I restore/replace any one particular file/folder from above as stated here

So for example, unless I'm reading step 10 wrong, I should be able to replace the Windows file/folder in drive C with that of the Windows files/folders in the F drive

Tomween1, Aug 17, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    No, no. You would only want to copy over individual files (ex: pictures, documents, etc...) you wanted from the backup or image instead.

If you try to replace the Windows (or any system folder) with one from the backup, you'll break Windows 10.

Brink, Aug 18, 2015
  11. Tomween1 Win User
    Thank you for your help.

Tomween1, Aug 18, 2015
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I install a files and folders bckup? Windows 7 to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - install files folders

2. How do I do a 'clean install' for Windows 7?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I do a 'clean install' for Windows 7?: I had downloaded Windows 10 but I still prefer Windows 7 and I have the Original USB installation stick to reload Windows 7. I'm not sure if I have to use a Command prompt and Format C: or if I can just use the BIOS and boot from USB. I just want it to work properly with no...
  3. How do I do a 'clean install' for Windows 7?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I do a 'clean install' for Windows 7?: I had downloaded Windows 10 but I still prefer Windows 7 and I have the Original USB installation stick to reload Windows 7. I'm not sure if I have to use a Command prompt and Format C: or if I can just use the BIOS and boot from USB. I just want it to work properly with no...
  4. How do I install Windows 7 on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I install Windows 7 on my computer?: Hello.I have currently got Windows 10 installed on my laptop it originally came with Windows 11, but, I've been willing to install Windows 7 on my laptop.So I downloaded the ISO, and I also downloaded PowerISO, so that I can mount the ISO. When I try picking a driver to...
  5. How do I install Windows 7 on my computer?

How do I install Windows 7 on my computer?: Hello.I have currently got Windows 10 installed on my laptop it originally came with Windows 11, but, I've been willing to install Windows 7 on my laptop.So I downloaded the ISO, and I also downloaded PowerISO, so that I can mount the ISO. When I try picking a driver to...
  6. How do I delete the windows 7 files after I moved to windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I delete the windows 7 files after I moved to windows 10?: I moved to win10 yesterday but the windows 7 files are still in my pc like win7 sounds and I want to delete it because I dont need it. I tried deleting temporary files of "Previous windows version", but nothing happened.I hope you can help me....
  7. How do I delete the windows 7 files after I moved to windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete the windows 7 files after I moved to windows 10?: I moved to win10 yesterday but the windows 7 files are still in my pc like win7 sounds and I want to delete it because I dont need it. I tried deleting temporary files of "Previous windows version", but nothing happened.I hope you can help me....
  8. How do I delete the windows 7 files after I moved to windows 10?

9. How do I convert Window 7 files to 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I convert Window 7 files to 10?: I know there must be a full answer somewhere but I can't find it. I have all my Windows & Excel file stored on a USB and have tried converting to 10 but lost files. It say converting but then a number comes up & says file dismissed. Hopfeul there is a easy way to do this,...
  10. How do I install windows 10 without harming my windows 7?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I install windows 10 without harming my windows 7?: I only have ONE computer...a desktop...yes, it will run windows 10. I want to play around with Windows 10 before giving up Windows 7. Here's what I want to do: Install two newly formatted hard drives (500 gb) Place Windows 10 on the new hard drives Keep my current...