Windows 10: how do i install a generic headset?

Discus and support how do i install a generic headset? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; how do i install a generic headset?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PeterJones_139, May 30, 2020.

1. how do i install a generic headset?

how do i install a generic headset?

:)

PeterJones_139, May 30, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue how do i install a generic headset? :p

cadaveca, May 30, 2020
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I appreciate it I was more looking to see if anyone knows something that can fit my bill in that budget. Trust me I know all about the $300 range and even considered audio technica m50x with a condenser mic *Stick Out Tongue how do i install a generic headset? :p

Solaris17, May 30, 2020
  4. how do i install a generic headset?

Headset not working

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For further clarity on the issue and to guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. What is the make and model of the headset?
    2. What is the make and model of the PC?
    3. Have you tried using the headset in a different audio port?
    4. Have you tried using the headset on a different PC?

As you have mentioned you have tried some steps, may I know, what are the troubleshooting steps you have tried?

Also, if you are using a headset with built in Microphone, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Right click on the Speaker icon on the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
    2. Click on Sounds and under
      Recording
      Devices select the Microphone.
    3. Click on Properties and select
      Listen
      tab.
    4. Check the box Listen to this device.
    5. Now select the Default Playback Device under
      Playback through this device menu.
    6. Click on Apply and then OK.
    7. Click on OK.

We await your response.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 30, 2020
Thema:

how do i install a generic headset?

1. how do i install a generic headset? - Similar Threads - install generic headset

2. How do I fix mt Generic Bluetooth Adapter?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix mt Generic Bluetooth Adapter?: My bluetooth is turned of because my adapter has a problem. On device manager it says "Code 43". I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it also disabling it and enabling it. How can I fix this?...
  3. How do I fix mt Generic Bluetooth Adapter?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix mt Generic Bluetooth Adapter?: My bluetooth is turned of because my adapter has a problem. On device manager it says "Code 43". I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it also disabling it and enabling it. How can I fix this?...
  4. How do I fix mt Generic Bluetooth Adapter?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How do I fix my generic bluetooth adapter?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my generic bluetooth adapter?: I recently purchased a B550 Plus wifi ii mobo and built a computer with it. Then yesterday I wanted to play a game with audio so I went to connect my headset via Bluetooth to be met with an error I immediately opened device manager and noticed the generic Bluetooth adapter...
  6. How do I fix my generic bluetooth adapter?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix my generic bluetooth adapter?: I recently purchased a B550 Plus wifi ii mobo and built a computer with it. Then yesterday I wanted to play a game with audio so I went to connect my headset via Bluetooth to be met with an error I immediately opened device manager and noticed the generic Bluetooth adapter...
  7. how do i fix my headset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i fix my headset: so i plugged in my headset and i tried to listen to a song and i couldn't hear anything so i tried to look at videos on my phone but none of them worked and i looked at my settings my mic was on my headset was on aswell my volume was max i tried to troubleshoot it says my mic...
  8. How do I install the Microsoft Generic Audio Driver?

How do I install the Microsoft Generic Audio Driver?: How do I install the Microsoft Generic Audio Driver? I'm having problems with my current Realtek audio driver so I need to test out the microsoft one for debugging. I'm using Windows 10 20H2 171845
  9. How do I install the Microsoft Generic Audio Driver?

How do I install the Microsoft Generic Audio Driver?: How do I install the Microsoft Generic Audio Driver? I'm having problems with my current Realtek audio driver so I need to test out the microsoft one for debugging....
  10. How do I view my passwords in Generic Credentials?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I view my passwords in Generic Credentials?: Going to Credentials Manager, I am able to click "Show Password" and enter my password to view Web Credentials. However, under Windows Credentials tab > Generic Credentials there is no option to "Show Password". How can I view my passwords for these Generic Credentials?...