Windows 10: How do I install a program on my child's account?

Discus and support How do I install a program on my child's account? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a child's account set up on my computer. When I try to install a program on it I have to enter my pin. The program then installs on my account.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Xander Bond, Jan 15, 2023.

1. How do I install a program on my child's account?

I have a child's account set up on my computer. When I try to install a program on it I have to enter my pin. The program then installs on my account. It was already on my account. I don't want it on my account, I want it on my child's account. How do I either transfer it onto my childs account or simply install it there in the first place?

:)

Xander Bond, Jan 15, 2023
  2. Jan123 Win User

Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, Jan 15, 2023
  3. Child account

I did set up a Child account, I did fallow all the steps window ask, the account say that the child is in the family, when I tried to log, give me the message "The Profile Service service Failed The Sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded".

Answering your questions:

• Did you make any changes to the child account prior to the issue? No, I did not make any changes.
    • Since when you are facing this issue? Right from the start. I never got to login.
    • Are you able to login with other child accounts on the computer? No
    I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if you are able to login to the computer. I did, the same problem, I do not have any problem with my account or my wife.

Thank you for your help.

David.

David EDongo Sr, Jan 15, 2023
  4. How do I install a program on my child's account?

Not Tracking Web Browsing Activity on Child Account

Hello,

I had already read that article and tried all those steps mentioned before posting on this forum. Nothing worked. I am still not able to see the web activity on my child's account.

I have already verified that the Family Safety Service is connected to my PC and that my child has the PC listed as a device on their account. My child's account is listed as "child" on my PC account settings. When I sign into the child's account, I have
    verified that Family Safe Monitoring is running because the icon is in the task bar.

This response was not helpful, because as I stated in my original post, I had already read several articles on troubleshooting this issue and nothing worked.

Can you offer me other suggestions that are not mentioned in that Wiki Article?

CoriannFlores, Jan 15, 2023
Thema:

How do I install a program on my child's account?

1. How do I install a program on my child's account? - Similar Threads - install program child's

2. How do I replace a parent account with a child account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I replace a parent account with a child account: How can I replace my parent account with my child, both accounts are mine and over 21, I just need to delete the parent account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-replace-a-parent-account-with-a-child/9d241022-a97b-4497-850b-ff9b8959affe
  3. How do I replace a parent account with a child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I replace a parent account with a child account: How can I replace my parent account with my child, both accounts are mine and over 21, I just need to delete the parent account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-replace-a-parent-account-with-a-child/9d241022-a97b-4497-850b-ff9b8959affe
  4. How do I replace a parent account with a child account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I install an app on my child's account?

How do I install an app on my child's account?: Greetings,I have been trying to install Roblox on my child's account. In the Store app, I sign out of her account. I then sign into my account. I enter the password and then I am asked to allow it on the authenticator, and finally I am asked to enter my pin. I enter my pin...
  6. How do I install an app on my child's account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I install an app on my child's account?: Greetings,I have been trying to install Roblox on my child's account. In the Store app, I sign out of her account. I then sign into my account. I enter the password and then I am asked to allow it on the authenticator, and finally I am asked to enter my pin. I enter my pin...
  7. How do I install an app on my child's account?

8. How do I install a program on my child's account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I install a program on my child's account?: I have a child's account set up on my computer. When I try to install a program on it I have to enter my pin. The program then installs on my account. It was already on my account. I don't want it on my account, I want it on my child's account. How do I either transfer it...
  9. How do I install a program on my child's account?

How do I install a program on my child's account?: I have a child's account set up on my computer. When I try to install a program on it I have to enter my pin. The program then installs on my account. It was already on my account. I don't want it on my account, I want it on my child's account. How do I either transfer it...
  10. program blocking for child account

program blocking for child account: In Windows 7, I was able to basically block all programs. That is, all programs would be blocked unless the admin password was entered. There was also a way to allow certain programs without password. I can't seem to figure out how to do a similar thing in Windows 10. Did...