Windows 10: How do I install an app from a zip folder?

Discus and support How do I install an app from a zip folder? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This may be a dumb question, but I need to know. I downloaded an app that's a zipped folder. I opened it, but it was just a file. Or that's what it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DenitaArnold_800, Mar 31, 2020.

1. How do I install an app from a zip folder?

This may be a dumb question, but I need to know. I downloaded an app that's a zipped folder.

I opened it, but it was just a file. Or that's what it seems to be. How do I open an app that's a zip folder? Do I open it to program files? How do I do that? I'm really dumb at this. Can you help? I can

get a screenshot if you need it.

:)

DenitaArnold_800, Mar 31, 2020
  2. GSquadron Win User

Folders with zip files

I have like 30 or more folders and everyone of them has only one single zip file.
    How can I extract all zip files inside of all folders?

GSquadron, Mar 31, 2020
  3. monim1 Win User
    EMUI

Here's the steps to update EMUI 4.1.1 to 5.0 :
    • Download the EMUI 5.0(desired version) .zip file, and unzip it.
    • Place the .hwt file in the HWThemes folder from your phone.
    • Using the Themes app, apply the new theme.
    • Restart the phone, in order to see all the new changes.
    And you’re done!

monim1, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

How do I install an app from a zip folder?

Transfering photos from a zipped folder to another folder

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are trying to transfer photos from a zipped folder to another folder. I’ll certainly help you with the issue.

You can use the Extract option to transfer the files from a zipped folder to another location. To do this refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Navigate to the location of zipped folder.
    2. Right click on the zipped folder and select
      Extract All
      , and follow the instructions.

For more information, see
    Zip and unzip files

If you receive access denied error when accessing the folders, refer the steps mentioned in the article

"Access Denied" or other errors when you access or work with files and folders in Windows

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

How do I install an app from a zip folder?

1. How do I install an app from a zip folder? - Similar Threads - install app zip

2. How can I access an encrypted zipped file folder from a previously installed version of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I access an encrypted zipped file folder from a previously installed version of...: I have a zipped file folder of documents on a USB drive that is encrypted. I encrypted it on a previous install of Windows 11. I decided to do a fresh install, and now I can no longer access the folder because the permissions are set for my "previous" user account. Is there...
  3. How can I access an encrypted zipped file folder from a previously installed version of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I access an encrypted zipped file folder from a previously installed version of...: I have a zipped file folder of documents on a USB drive that is encrypted. I encrypted it on a previous install of Windows 11. I decided to do a fresh install, and now I can no longer access the folder because the permissions are set for my "previous" user account. Is there...
  4. Zip folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Zip folders: I'm having some problems with my zip folders on my USB Drive E:. When I try downloading the zip folders from my class's website, I get multiple error messages.When I try opening them up from the zip folder, I get these error messages:When I try to extract the files from the...
  5. how do i encrypt a .zip folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i encrypt a .zip folder?: encrypt : requires password to open .zip folder : a regular non-7zip/WinRAR/etc folder submitted by /u/Dr_DD_RpW_A [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ny56v6/how_do_i_encrypt_a_zip_folder/
  6. How do I password protect a zipped folder in Microsoft 10

How do I password protect a zipped folder in Microsoft 10: Article in link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/how-do-i-password-protect-a-zipped-folder-in/34f35561-a6a8-492e-96f4-175a218aeb32 does not answer where to provide the password!...
  7. How to make a compressed zipped folder a specific app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make a compressed zipped folder a specific app: Um.. so I wanted to make my file a Minecraft education compressed zipped folder on file explorer i saw a youtube vid that said i had to rename the compressed zipped folder to: something.MC pack. i did that but it didn't make a Minecraft education compressed zipped folder....
  8. Zipped folders

Zipped folders: hi, i am trying to figure out how to unzip folders on my computer. I need to do it to add music i made onto itunes... can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zipped-folders/69b94fea-1059-4083-b840-0791ddb6f0a1"
  9. 'Compressed (zip) Folder' Doesnt Work - How Do I Fix it?

in Windows 10 Support
    'Compressed (zip) Folder' Doesnt Work - How Do I Fix it?: When I try to compress a folder by right clicking and choosing, Send To > Compressed (zip) folder, it doesnt work. Nothing happens. How do I fix it? 119608
  10. zip to folder

in Windows 10 Support
    zip to folder: How do you change compressed (zip) folders into regular folders with out loosing anything? I downloaded a bunch of stuff and it is all in zip folders. Is there a reason I should keep them zipped, I have plenty of space. 43464