Windows 10: How do I install an app on my child's account?

Discus and support How do I install an app on my child's account? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Greetings,I have been trying to install Roblox on my child's account. In the Store app, I sign out of her account. I then sign into my account. I enter... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JamieChan, Apr 4, 2023.

1. JamieChan Win User

How do I install an app on my child's account?

Greetings,I have been trying to install Roblox on my child's account. In the Store app, I sign out of her account. I then sign into my account. I enter the password and then I am asked to allow it on the authenticator, and finally I am asked to enter my pin. I enter my pin and it does not recognize it and I know beyond a shadow of doubt that this is my pin. Please Help.Jim

:)

JamieChan, Apr 4, 2023
  2. Jan123 Win User

Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, Apr 4, 2023
  3. Child account

I did set up a Child account, I did fallow all the steps window ask, the account say that the child is in the family, when I tried to log, give me the message "The Profile Service service Failed The Sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded".

Answering your questions:

• Did you make any changes to the child account prior to the issue? No, I did not make any changes.
    • Since when you are facing this issue? Right from the start. I never got to login.
    • Are you able to login with other child accounts on the computer? No
    I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if you are able to login to the computer. I did, the same problem, I do not have any problem with my account or my wife.

Thank you for your help.

David.

David EDongo Sr, Apr 4, 2023
  4. How do I install an app on my child's account?

Child account app

Hi Ronald,

Managing the Settings of a child account can be applied to all devices that the child logs into with their Microsoft Account. When it comes to downloading apps, you can change the permissions by following the steps listed below:

• Sign in your Microsoft Account here.
    • Click on the Family tab.
    • Click your child's' account then select Activity on the right.

How do I install an app on my child's account? a1de21f2-c765-4f4c-832d-75b014a38c75.png
    • Go to Apps, games & media section.

How do I install an app on my child's account? 714a9875-7a05-4ef6-b8b6-c9e1839c13c9.png
    • Click on the drop-down button to change the age restrictions.
    Let us know if you have other concerns that we can assist you with.

Eileen Gal, Apr 4, 2023
Thema:

How do I install an app on my child's account?

1. How do I install an app on my child's account? - Similar Threads - install app child's

2. How do I let my child install apps without making the child an admin user and without...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I let my child install apps without making the child an admin user and without...: What happened to being able to create "Power Users" in the Microsoft OS, where they could install programs but did not have admin rights? As my child has to install apps at/for school, how can my child install those apps?I will NOT give the admin PIN to my child, and I should...
  3. How do I let my child install apps without making the child an admin user and without...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I let my child install apps without making the child an admin user and without...: What happened to being able to create "Power Users" in the Microsoft OS, where they could install programs but did not have admin rights? As my child has to install apps at/for school, how can my child install those apps?I will NOT give the admin PIN to my child, and I should...
  4. How do I replace a parent account with a child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I replace a parent account with a child account: How can I replace my parent account with my child, both accounts are mine and over 21, I just need to delete the parent account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-replace-a-parent-account-with-a-child/9d241022-a97b-4497-850b-ff9b8959affe
  5. How do I install an app on my child's account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I install an app on my child's account?: Greetings,I have been trying to install Roblox on my child's account. In the Store app, I sign out of her account. I then sign into my account. I enter the password and then I am asked to allow it on the authenticator, and finally I am asked to enter my pin. I enter my pin...
  6. How do I install an app on my child's account?

How do I install an app on my child's account?: Greetings,I have been trying to install Roblox on my child's account. In the Store app, I sign out of her account. I then sign into my account. I enter the password and then I am asked to allow it on the authenticator, and finally I am asked to enter my pin. I enter my pin...
  7. How do I install a program on my child's account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I install a program on my child's account?: I have a child's account set up on my computer. When I try to install a program on it I have to enter my pin. The program then installs on my account. It was already on my account. I don't want it on my account, I want it on my child's account. How do I either transfer it...
  8. How do I install a program on my child's account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I install a program on my child's account?: I have a child's account set up on my computer. When I try to install a program on it I have to enter my pin. The program then installs on my account. It was already on my account. I don't want it on my account, I want it on my child's account. How do I either transfer it...
  9. How do I install a program on my child's account?

10. I bought an app - how do I share it with my child?

I bought an app - how do I share it with my child?: I’m struggling to see why this is so complicated...... i bought an app but when my child tries to get it, she is prompted to purchase it again. I only bought it for her in the first place.... How do i share it please....