Windows 10: How do I install an application in File Explorer?

Discus and support How do I install an application in File Explorer? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I need to know. submitted by /u/Life_Leather5051 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Life_Leather5051, Jan 15, 2021.

1. How do I install an application in File Explorer?

/u/Life_Leather5051, Jan 15, 2021
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

"This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Jan 15, 2021
  3. Joan Pin Win User
    Saving/Opening files crashes applications

Let's further isolate your concern about the File Explorer. We'd like to gather additional information to resolve this issue. Please answer the following:

• Did you install any recent application before this happened?
    • Have you tried clearing the history of the File Explorer? To do this, open File Explorer
      > View > Options > Change Folder and search options
      > Privacy > Clear File Explorer History >
      Clear > OK.

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the netsh and winsock reset as an initial troubleshooting step to fix any network related issue that may be affecting your device. To do this, you may check these steps:

• Type cmd in the search box > right-click Command Prompt >
      Run as administrator.
    • Type netsh in the Command Prompt > press Enter.
    • Type winsock in the Command Prompt > hit Enter.

Let us know if the recommended solution works for you.

Joan Pin, Jan 15, 2021
  4. How do I install an application in File Explorer?

Downloading and Opeening ePub eBook files

Hi Mike,

The file format may not be supported by the application that's why it cannot be opened. We suggest that you follow these steps to make sure that it can be opened via the application you wanted to use:

• In File Explorer, right-click on the file you want to read.
    • Click Properties.
    • Click Change.
    • Then choose the application from the list.

Please let us know how it goes.

Katrina Men, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

How do I install an application in File Explorer?

1. How do I install an application in File Explorer? - Similar Threads - install application File

2. How do I fix "file Explorer?"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix "file Explorer?": I have a samsung laptop. It appears they have microsoft products integrated into the operating system. Everything I was saving etc... was being saved to a "one drive" folder. I don't want that. I removed one drive from my laptop and now, when I go to "file explorer" it says...
  3. How do I fix "file Explorer?"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix "file Explorer?": I have a samsung laptop. It appears they have microsoft products integrated into the operating system. Everything I was saving etc... was being saved to a "one drive" folder. I don't want that. I removed one drive from my laptop and now, when I go to "file explorer" it says...
  4. How Do I Install an Application?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Install an Application?: Hello,A while back, i needed this app, which i downloaded from the internet on two devices. However, had to factory reset one of the devices. So, i copied app files from one device to another. When i tried to install the application, it didnt open. So now i have all these...
  5. How Do I Install an Application?

How Do I Install an Application?: Hello,A while back, i needed this app, which i downloaded from the internet on two devices. However, had to factory reset one of the devices. So, i copied app files from one device to another. When i tried to install the application, it didnt open. So now i have all these...
  6. How do i install Applications

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do i install Applications: Hello! Riddhi Siddhi Impex Metal is where I work.I am not able to install Photoshop application on my windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-install-applications/4ecbd9e1-fcb6-4aae-84c7-b83144b035cb
  7. How do i install Applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i install Applications: Hello! Riddhi Siddhi Impex Metal is where I work.I am not able to install Photoshop application on my windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-install-applications/4ecbd9e1-fcb6-4aae-84c7-b83144b035cb
  8. How do i install Applications

9. How do I reset File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I reset File Explorer?: When I tried to move downloads, to my Data folder, it like broke it, and now some apps don't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reset-file-explorer/59cced31-b842-4a89-a55c-3e08feaa2e5c
  10. How do I view *.wmf files in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I view *.wmf files in File Explorer?: I have a folder dedicated to clipart and the majority of the files are *.wmf. When using File Explorer, none of them show a thumbnail, just an icon of what looks like a pencil cup full of pencils/pens. I can open them to see what they are, but trying to find something that...