Windows 10: How do I install an audio device ?

Discus and support How do I install an audio device ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I install an audio device ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MichaelHack3, Jan 6, 2021.

1. How do I install an audio device ?

How do I install an audio device ?

:)

MichaelHack3, Jan 6, 2021

2. Numerous audio devices - why?

Looks like you have audio drivers installed for your AMD card. If you don't use it, you should be able to just uninstall that aspect of AMD drivers. I don't use the Audio through my Nvidia card, so I just don't install that driver.

Or, just ignore them as you suggest.

neatfeatguy, Jan 6, 2021
  3. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jan 6, 2021
  4. fireberd Win User

No audio device is installed (How to fix?)

Since you uninstalled the Intel Display audio and you no longer have audio, that suggests you are using HDMI (??) If this is the case then the Realtek is not being used and not causing your problem.

First step as mentioned is to reinstall the Intel Display Audio.

fireberd, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

1. How do I install an audio device ? - Similar Threads - install audio device

2. How do i fix no audio device installed in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix no audio device installed in windows 11?: ive tried troubleshooting but it couldnt identify the problemive also tried rebooting my devicei also cant update my high definition audio device which i want to use because the other one doesnt work toowindws encountered a problem installing the drivers for your device code...
  3. How do i fix no audio device installed in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i fix no audio device installed in windows 11?: ive tried troubleshooting but it couldnt identify the problemive also tried rebooting my devicei also cant update my high definition audio device which i want to use because the other one doesnt work toowindws encountered a problem installing the drivers for your device code...
  4. how do I fix "No audio device is installed"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I fix "No audio device is installed"?: Hi i've been using my laptop with no audio for about a week now because of the "No audio device is installed" issue.THINGS THAT I'VE TRIED TO SOLVE THIS ISSUE BUT STILL NOT WORKING:>updating the audio device on device manager>troubleshooting the audio settingsit doesn't...
  5. how do I fix "No audio device is installed"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I fix "No audio device is installed"?: Hi i've been using my laptop with no audio for about a week now because of the "No audio device is installed" issue.THINGS THAT I'VE TRIED TO SOLVE THIS ISSUE BUT STILL NOT WORKING:>updating the audio device on device manager>troubleshooting the audio settingsit doesn't...
  6. No audio device is installed. How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio device is installed. How do I fix this?: I can't hear any audio. I assume somethings disabled or unistalled, but I'm not a computer person so I don't know what. I think the audio driver that isn't working is Realtek Audio, but I don't know where to install it or how to fix it, and all answers I've seen are just a...
  7. How do I connect an audio output device?

How do I connect an audio output device?: No audio. Red X beside speaker in bottom toolbar.Audio worked great until this changed.When I click the speaker icon it says: No audio output device connected. Trouble shooter just says I can't find your output device.How do you connect an audio output device?...
  8. No Audio Output Device is installed. How do I fix this

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Audio Output Device is installed. How do I fix this: This happened yesterday and I need help fixing this problem. I don't know why this happened, guessing that the only explanation is that it happened out of nowhere, or it was because of my computer falling off of the couch (This is what I think might have caused this because...
  9. How do i re-install the audio output device?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i re-install the audio output device?: I accidentally uninstalled my audio output device and can not get it back. What do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-re-install-the-audio-output-device/9df44290-7d38-4699-ae2e-a955bc823272
  10. How do I, fix "No Audio Output Device is Installed" Problem.

How do I, fix "No Audio Output Device is Installed" Problem.: So, i have Windows 10, i'm barley learning about Computer's and such, but i plugged in my headphones and then all of a sudden i see "No Audio Output Device is Installed." I unplugged my headphones to see if that would fix the problem but of course it didn't. I don't know what...