Windows 10: how do I install an out dated video card driver?

Discus and support how do I install an out dated video card driver? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; how do I install an out dated video card driver?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by patkusunis, May 28, 2020.

1. how do I install an out dated video card driver?

how do I install an out dated video card driver?

:)

patkusunis, May 28, 2020
  2. Mary Sau Win User

Video card driver crashing when playing games

We suggest that you rollback your driver. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R to open run dialog box.
    • In the dialog box window, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    • Right click on your video card driver -> Properties ->
      Driver tab
      and select Rollback driver.
    If the issue persists, it could be better to contact the developer of the game.

Regards.

Mary Sau, May 29, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    No video after installing Windows10

Hi Adrain,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue might be because of corrupted graphic drivers.

I suggest you to run the video troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • In the left pane click on View all
    • Select Video Playback.
    • Follow the prompted steps to troubleshoot this issue.
    I suggest you to update the graphics card drivers/display drivers from manufacturer website and check if it resolves the issue.

• Open Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapter’.
    • Locate the display driver.
    • Right-click on the display card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’
    If issue still persists, I would suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it works.

Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Please reply with status of the issue for further assistance.

Thanks.

Arul_D, May 29, 2020
  4. how do I install an out dated video card driver?

windows 10 video card driver problem

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Try installing in compatibility mode.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
      ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), May 29, 2020
Thema:

how do I install an out dated video card driver?

1. how do I install an out dated video card driver? - Similar Threads - install dated video

2. Do I install the wifi card drivers before or after I installed the card?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I install the wifi card drivers before or after I installed the card?: I have a prebuild pc with wifi 5 and I want to upgrade to wifi 6. I bought a new wifi card but I don't know if I should open the driver installer before or after installing the new wifi card....
  3. Do I install the wifi card drivers before or after I installed the card?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do I install the wifi card drivers before or after I installed the card?: I have a prebuild pc with wifi 5 and I want to upgrade to wifi 6. I bought a new wifi card but I don't know if I should open the driver installer before or after installing the new wifi card....
  4. How do i update my video card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i update my video card: how do i update my video card Information: if you want Video card Name Mobile Intel R 4 Series Express Chipset FamilyPc Name Dell Inc. Vostro 1014BoisVersion Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A07Date 11/26/2010MotherboardManufacturer Dell Inc.Model 0XHND9Version...
  5. How do i update my video card

How do i update my video card: how do i update my video card Information: if you want Video card Name Mobile Intel R 4 Series Express Chipset FamilyPc Name Dell Inc. Vostro 1014BoisVersion Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A07Date 11/26/2010MotherboardManufacturer Dell Inc.Model 0XHND9Version...
  6. out dated drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    out dated drivers: what to do with popups claiming my drivers are out dated and winzip wants to install updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/out-dated-drivers/7620b6dd-456f-467d-8185-4d5b9de327a3
  7. installing video card drivers crashes pc

installing video card drivers crashes pc: after fixing win10 update, I had to do a clean reinstall, my pc worked for awhile then crashed. I replaced what I assumed was a bad hard drive and reinstalled windows updated everything but could not install video card drivers. Video card is a AMD Radeon R9 200 series. In...
  8. Video date is wrong, How do I change?

Video date is wrong, How do I change?: I am working on getting our photos and videos organized. We went on vacation in 2018 and took a waterproof camera. The date on the camera was not set so all of the photos and videos we took with that camera are not showing up in the right collection since the collections are...
  9. OUT OF DATE VIDEO CONTROLLER DRIVER

OUT OF DATE VIDEO CONTROLLER DRIVER: I HAVE A HP SLIMELINE SERIES DESKTOP WITH WINDOWS 10. I CAN RUN A PERFORMANCE CHECK ON IT AND ITS TELLING ME THAT THERE NAS BEEN A DEVICE INSTALL REQUESTED AND DEVICE CONFIGURED (NULL) IVE TRIED UPDATING THE DRIVER AND IT SAYS IT CANT TO GO TO WINDOWS UPDATE AND TRY BUT THAT...
  10. Can out of date graphics card drivers cause issues?

Can out of date graphics card drivers cause issues?: I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050, and i've been experiencing issues such as some graphics not loading and crashes. I had just realised my drivers weren't up to date. Can the issues I've been experiencing be because of out of date drivers, or is there other issues with my...