Windows 10: How do I install directx 9c for windows 11?

Discus and support How do I install directx 9c for windows 11? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have an old app that needs to have directx 9c support. I went to the Micorsoft download site and downloaded the run time file they recommended, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by trippap, Mar 20, 2023.

1. trippap Win User

How do I install directx 9c for windows 11?

I have an old app that needs to have directx 9c support. I went to the Micorsoft download site and downloaded the run time file they recommended, but that file contains a bunch of .tmp and .tmp.node files with no identifying information, so I have no idea which of them pertains to directx 9c. Is there an easier way to get directx 9c installed?

:)

trippap, Mar 20, 2023
  2. ghost101 Win User

Directx 9c games

Ive been trying to compile a list of games which require or can use 9c features but my list is pretty limited. HDR using a 9b path dont count. So that rules out the hl2 series/stalker etc.

So far i have

Rainbow Six: Vegas
    Colin Mcrae: DiRT
    Splinter Cell: Double Agent
    Spiderman 3
    MOH: Airborne
    Kane and Lynch Dead men
    Gears of War
    Company of Heroes
    Call of Juarez
    Flight Simulator X
    Farcry
    Hellgate London
    Crysis
    Oblivion
    CoH

Also, games with directx 10 capability, we will assume require 9c since theres no way to tell.

Thanks for any help.

ghost101, Mar 20, 2023
  3. Mary Sau Win User
    Can't buy DirectX 11 required Windows 10 game, have DirectX 12 installed

Hi,

In order to help you effectively, kindly provide us additional information.

• What is the exact error message you're getting? Could you provide us the screenshot?
    • How did you install the DirectX 12? Was it manually, or through Windows Update?

If you install DirectX 12 through Windows Update, then we would suggest that you perform a System Restore to take your computer back to an earlier point in time. It will not affect your personal files, but will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed
    after the restore point was made.

After the restore, you may then install DirectX 11 through Windows Update. As there is no stand-alone update package for it.

Let us know how it goes.

Mary Sau, Mar 20, 2023
  4. How do I install directx 9c for windows 11?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 20, 2023
Thema:

How do I install directx 9c for windows 11?

1. How do I install directx 9c for windows 11? - Similar Threads - install directx

2. Reset a Computer's Hard Drive and now it won't fully install DirectX 9

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reset a Computer's Hard Drive and now it won't fully install DirectX 9: I'm getting the above error when I'm attempting to open software that requires DirectX Redist June 2010. The program has a built-in installer that fully runs and installs DirectX Redist June 2010, and it shows no issues. However, it keeps showing the above error after...
  3. Reset a Computer's Hard Drive and now it won't fully install DirectX 9

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset a Computer's Hard Drive and now it won't fully install DirectX 9: I'm getting the above error when I'm attempting to open software that requires DirectX Redist June 2010. The program has a built-in installer that fully runs and installs DirectX Redist June 2010, and it shows no issues. However, it keeps showing the above error after...
  4. Reset a Computer's Hard Drive and now it won't fully install DirectX 9

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. i have windows 11 ****, when i try to install directX 9 to play older games i get an error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have windows 11 ****, when i try to install directX 9 to play older games i get an error.: when i install the installer error refers me to DXerror.txt wich says as follows: -------------------- [01/21/24 10:13:28] module: dxupdateMar 30 2011, file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 2234, function: RegisterDLL Failed API: LoadLibraryEx Error: 126 - The specified module could not...
  6. i have windows 11 ****, when i try to install directX 9 to play older games i get an error.

i have windows 11 ****, when i try to install directX 9 to play older games i get an error.: when i install the installer error refers me to DXerror.txt wich says as follows: -------------------- [01/21/24 10:13:28] module: dxupdateMar 30 2011, file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 2234, function: RegisterDLL Failed API: LoadLibraryEx Error: 126 - The specified module could not...
  7. my pc, recently assembled, cant install directx which i need for playing some games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc, recently assembled, cant install directx which i need for playing some games: i tried with the independent directx installer as well as letting steam try and install it but both things have been unsuccesful,i have tried resseting the pc but it was to no avail, attached is the error message, any form of help would be appreciated.[01/17/24 17:28:04]...
  8. my pc, recently assembled, cant install directx which i need for playing some games

my pc, recently assembled, cant install directx which i need for playing some games: i tried with the independent directx installer as well as letting steam try and install it but both things have been unsuccesful,i have tried resseting the pc but it was to no avail, attached is the error message, any form of help would be appreciated.[01/17/24 17:28:04]...
  9. Can't install DirectX on Windows 11, log says Unable to load...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install DirectX on Windows 11, log says Unable to load...: A few days ago I've reinstalled Windows 11. Clean install, I've formatted the drive before installing Windows 11. Everything worked well until I tried to play Stellaris, which requires DirectX. I can't install DirectX. Each time I try, no matter whether I use the web setup or...
  10. Can't install DirectX on Windows 11, log says Unable to load...

Can't install DirectX on Windows 11, log says Unable to load...: A few days ago I've reinstalled Windows 11. Clean install, I've formatted the drive before installing Windows 11. Everything worked well until I tried to play Stellaris, which requires DirectX. I can't install DirectX. Each time I try, no matter whether I use the web setup or...