Windows 10: How do I install DVR client exe. file in Win10?

Discus and support How do I install DVR client exe. file in Win10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I wish to connect to my DVR for CCTV cameras with Win10 but it will not allow me to download the software saying that Win10 has prevented the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DavidCunningham7, Jul 8, 2020.

1. How do I install DVR client exe. file in Win10?

Hi,

I wish to connect to my DVR for CCTV cameras with Win10 but it will not allow me to download the software saying that Win10 has prevented the download and I should speak to my Administrator. Well I am the administrator and it worked fine in previous versions of windows. I have used internet explorer and safari web browsers. I have changed the X-active settings in the security tab in internet explorer but sill Win10 keeps blocking the download. Please help.

:)

DavidCunningham7, Jul 8, 2020

2. Game DVR only recorded one or twice, how do I fix it?

I have been to the following link and checked all the following steps:

Xbox Support

Sometimes, a recording doesn't end correctly. When that happens, you'll need to restart Game DVR to fix the problem:

• Close the game.
    • In the search box on the Windows taskbar, enter Task manager, and then select that desktop app.
    • In Task Manager, select More details.
    • In the list of running processes, select the Broadcast DVR server (bcastdvr.exe) process (if it's still there), and then select End task.
    • Restart the game and try recording again.

But there's a problem. The steps never state what to do if I can't find the Broadcast DVR Server. I need help. Please respond asap! Thank you! <3

WillCopeland, Jul 8, 2020
  3. How to locate an EXE file that I have just installed?

I respectfully suggest that you might be treating the zipped EXE file as if it were a file that does not actually need to be installed. Double-clicking such a file causes the prog to be launched immediately. An example of a non-installable EXE file would be some of the SysInternal files, such as ProcMon and Autoruns.

The file that you quoted, oldcalcwin10.zip, is the same file as in my other post. Double-clicking on that file launches an install dialog. At no time does the calculator itself appear. To launch the calculator, I needed to click on SYSTEM32\calc1.exe

Summarizing:

- Double-clicking an installable EXE file launches the installer.
    - Double-clicking a non-installable EXE file launches the program itself.

Note that I have already created a shortcut to calc1.exe on my desktop. "If it works, don't break it!" Therefore, no other helpful suggestions are needed *Smile

Thanks to all the generous volunteers for their responses.

OldGrantonian, Jul 8, 2020
  4. How do I install DVR client exe. file in Win10?

Windows 10 DVR No Audio (Whens this going to be fixed)

Hi,

Thank you for sharing us the details.

To assist you better I would like to know, what is the make and model of DVR?

Since the DVR is connected using USB, I suggest you to go to the device manager and uninstall/reinstall the DVR driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Universal serial bus to expand, right click on the
      device and click on uninstall.

• Once you are done installing the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the DVR driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the
    DVR driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

If the above methods did not help to fix the issue, I recommend you to go to the DVR manufacturer website and download the latest updated DVR driver for Windows 10 and install the same. If the available driver is not for Windows 10 try
    installing the driver in compatibility mode.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

How do I install DVR client exe. file in Win10?

1. How do I install DVR client exe. file in Win10? - Similar Threads - install DVR client

2. .exe and .zip files corrupted. How do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .exe and .zip files corrupted. How do I fix it?: Just a question. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-and-zip-files-corrupted-how-do-i-fix-it/96d1a290-403e-46b6-a475-458ef4c4bab2
  3. .exe and .zip files corrupted. How do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .exe and .zip files corrupted. How do I fix it?: Just a question. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-and-zip-files-corrupted-how-do-i-fix-it/96d1a290-403e-46b6-a475-458ef4c4bab2
  4. problem installing an exe file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem installing an exe file: i had downloaded an old game file, needed to install it, however, the .exe file does not open. computer says "this app cant run in your pc. to find a version for your pc check with your software publisher." how do i solve this?? i tried the troubleshoot, the program doesnt...
  5. Application install .exe files

Application install .exe files: Stupid question.For years of using Windows now, every time I had to switch computers, either because I had to make a reset or because I purchased a new one, I always went online to look for my programs in order to download them again on the new system. Not only did I have to...
  6. .exe Files Do Not Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .exe Files Do Not Open: When I open any .exe file, it shows the following, "Windows can't open this type of file .exe". For most files/apps, I can do the run as admin option and it will work, but for other files mainly being built in apps, an error pops up.Also every time I open the pc and log in, a...
  7. .exe Files Do Not Open

.exe Files Do Not Open: When I open any .exe file, it shows the following, "Windows can't open this type of file .exe". For most files/apps, I can do the run as admin option and it will work, but for other files mainly being built in apps, an error pops up.Also every time I open the pc and log in, a...
  8. .exe Files Do Not Open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. How to locate an EXE file that I have just installed?

How to locate an EXE file that I have just installed?: BTW: this post relates to an earlier post of today. I'm creating a new post, because (a) I don't want to hijack my own post, and (b) I don't want to hide possibly useful info inside the wrong title. The older post is here. I'll need to go back and edit the older post after I...
  10. Win10 downloaded, how do I start installation?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 downloaded, how do I start installation?: I'm running Win7 Home Premium and did not get a prompt (nag) for Win10, but initiated a download. I think it has completed the download, since I have 2.93 GB in a folder marked Windows10Upgrade on the C: drive. I'm up to date on all Win7 updates. How do I initiate the...