Windows 10: How do I install Gmail as default mail?

Discus and support How do I install Gmail as default mail? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi people. How do I install Gmail as default mail? I have a notebook HP model Envy running Windows 10 and I wish to use Gmail as my favorite email... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by VictorFlores4, Dec 12, 2018.

1. How do I install Gmail as default mail?

Hi people.
    How do I install Gmail as default mail? I have a notebook HP model Envy running Windows 10 and I wish to use Gmail as my favorite email server. ¿What should I do?
    Thanks!

Moved from Spanish.

:)

VictorFlores4, Dec 12, 2018

2. Windows 10 Mail forgets Gmail password almost every day

Reason

Windows Mail app keeps prompting for Gmail account password frequently with the "your gmail settings are out of date" message—
    According to a comment on this post . . .

Potential Solutions

Based on some quick research there may be two options that may help resolve this. . .

1. Enable the 2-Step Verification functionality and security feature with your Gmail account and then use the 2-Step Verification to verify and trust the Windows Mail app to have access to your Gmail account
    2. Enable and use the Less Secure Apps functionality by turning that ON and using your usual Gmail account password with the Windows Mail app to authenticate

Further Resources

Pimp Juice IT, Dec 12, 2018
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Gmail - Getting mails not exactly sent to me

No one else is getting anyone's mail because of this... It is NOT a bug.
    It is intentional. All those addresses belong to you, no matter where the dot.

Quoted from GMail help:

Test it... send yourself an email with no dot in your name.

95Viper, Dec 12, 2018
  4. How do I install Gmail as default mail?

How to set gmail (browser) as default mail app in Windows 10?

How do I set Gmail in Firefox as the default mail app?

Source Firefox: How to Set Gmail as Your Default Email Client

Note:

• The above link shows how to do this for Safari, Chrome and IE, as well as Firefox.

DavidPostill, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

How do I install Gmail as default mail?

1. How do I install Gmail as default mail? - Similar Threads - install Gmail default

2. How do I reset Mail to the default view?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset Mail to the default view?: Somehow my Mail's default view changed and is not showing the accounts as a list on the left. I have to click on an account icon and then the list of the accounts pops-up. I haven't been able to find any setting for this. I have repaired the app but no change. I'd prefer not...
  3. How do I reset Mail to the default view?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I reset Mail to the default view?: Somehow my Mail's default view changed and is not showing the accounts as a list on the left. I have to click on an account icon and then the list of the accounts pops-up. I haven't been able to find any setting for this. I have repaired the app but no change. I'd prefer not...
  4. HOW DO I SELECT THE DEFAULT ACCOUNT IN WINDOWS MAIL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW DO I SELECT THE DEFAULT ACCOUNT IN WINDOWS MAIL: I have four different email accounts,How do I change the defualt account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-select-the-default-account-in-windows/28bcc2c3-4a22-4086-a501-d2292e0a5e42
  5. How do I transfer contacts in Windows Mail to Gmail ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I transfer contacts in Windows Mail to Gmail ?: I recently purchased a new HP desktop that contained Windows 10 and a new version of email called Windows Mail. I also have Google Gmail and I would like to transfer the contacts, or People, in Windows Mail to Gmail. How can I do this?...
  6. How do I make Edge default Gmail Email handler?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I make Edge default Gmail Email handler?: So whenever I click on Email address literally anywhere on Internet I want Gmail web to open. Is this possible? I see some Google Chrome tutorials for that but don't really for Edge. submitted by /u/Super_Govedo [link] [comments]...
  7. How do I export my email from Mail to Gmail?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I export my email from Mail to Gmail?: So, I got locked out of my gmail account due to 2FA, then getting a new phone... I used Google Authenticator, so I lost all my keys from the old phone [which broke]. My Windows 10 Mail & Calendar app still is logged in. Is there a way for me to export my email address from...
  8. Make Gmail a Default Mail Client in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Make Gmail a Default Mail Client in Windows 10: Windows 10 only has two options for default email clients. Outlook and Mail. I'd like to add Gmail, and make that my default since Outlook goes through periods of several days where it won't send emails. Receives them, won't send. How do I make Gmail an option? Thanks....
  9. How do I get gmail to work on windows mail?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I get gmail to work on windows mail?: I have a microsoft account, that is registered to my gmail; That is the username is L: xxxx@gmail.com. When attempting to use the mail service in windows 10, that mail is already registered as an account. It reads " System error, can't get mail ", and that isn't very...
  10. Set Firefox/gmail as my default mail client

in Browsers and Email
    Set Firefox/gmail as my default mail client: Clicking on an mailto link in Excel or Word no longer brings me to Firefox and gmail. I have Windows 10. My default browser is set to Firefox. Website hyperlinks in Excel or Word work fine, taking me to Firefox. Within Firefox the mailto is set to gmail and this works if I am...