Windows 10: How do I install RST drivers?

Discus and support How do I install RST drivers? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I wanted to update to Windows 10 version 1903 but then in the installation, there was a popup saying that the Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mpcs127, Jul 28, 2019.

1. mpcs127 Win User

How do I install RST drivers?

I wanted to update to Windows 10 version 1903

but then in the installation, there was a popup saying that the Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST) drivers are outdated.

There was a link and I followed it, here's the link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...rsion-1903-on-devices-with-certain-versions-o

My laptop is a ASUS ROG GL502VMK running Windows 10 Home 64-bit, I went to the ASUS website, but the latest RST drivers were from 2016, so I had to download them from the link to the intel website.

In the intel website, I downloaded the SetupRST.exe file from the intel website and installed it, but it didn't update my driver (I'm not even sure if it's supposed to update my driver).

I also tried downloading the f6flpy-x64.zip file and I wasn't sure what to do with the files in it, and it didn't even have iastora.sys
    So, how do I update the RST drivers? (I want the 15.9.6.1044 version)

:)

mpcs127, Jul 28, 2019
  2. Shaki#2 Win User

intel rst driver

i dont have win 10 installed so cannot try... does intel rst works? i have found that it is much faster then MS default drivers with 97 boards with win 8.1. Not so much in benchmarks, but in practice win 8.1 boots much faster with iastora.sys then benchmarks
    difference suggests.

Shaki#2, Jul 28, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Intel RST service is not running

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The Intel RST service is for the Intel Rapid Storage Driver. The Intel Rapid Storage Driver provides speed for data transfer and improves the performance for SATA drives or PCIe drives.

• What is the make and model of the computer and motherboard?

You can follow the methods mentioned below and check if that helps:

Method 1: Changing the startup type for Service

You can try changing the startup type for the Intel RST service and check if that makes a difference. Please refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold Windows key + R, to open
      Run dialog box.
    2. Type serivces.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Now, scroll down, look for Intel RST service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    4. Now, under startup type select Automatic from the drop down menu.
    5. Click on Apply and OK.

Method 2: Updating the drivers manually

You can try downloading the latest version of Intel Rapid Storage Driver from the

Intel Website
    and check if that helps. However, I would suggest checking with the motherboard manufacturer website as well.

If you are using RAID configuration, I suggest you to post your query in

TechNet forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on RAID configuration.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 28, 2019
  4. Aquinus Win User

Intel RST AHCI driver for ICH10R?

They hide stuff from you, probably to try and get you to upgrade. Intel's site says nothing about RSTe 4.2 or 4.3 drivers being supporting on anything other than C200 and C600 chipsets however, they work incredibly well on X79. On the same token, the latest RST drivers (for RAID,) also seems to work on my X79 in RSTe mode.

Needless to say, I think Intel needs to consolidate RAID drivers into a single package and AHCI drivers into a single package as opposed to trying to support several different versions for several revisions of the same damn thing running probably the same damn software.

I'm glad you got it to work but, I would have attempting forcing the installation of the newer AHCI driver. The first time I used the C200/C600 chipset RAID drivers on my X79 board, it didn't simply "accept" it and I had to force it to install. Ran great but, it wouldn't just take it.
    So does Intel: Download Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) User Interface and Driver

All prior releases of RST should be in this list: Downloads for Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST)

Aquinus, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I install RST drivers? - Similar Threads - install RST drivers

2. How do i install RST driver for a surface pro 3 in the windows setup?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do i install RST driver for a surface pro 3 in the windows setup?: Hello, recently I wiped my old surface pro 3 entirely and now I'm attempting to reinstall Windows but when I try to install it the setup tells me there are some missing drivers I've searched a bit on it and I believe it's missing the RST driver and for the past day I've been...
  3. How do i install RST driver for a surface pro 3 in the windows setup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i install RST driver for a surface pro 3 in the windows setup?: Hello, recently I wiped my old surface pro 3 entirely and now I'm attempting to reinstall Windows but when I try to install it the setup tells me there are some missing drivers I've searched a bit on it and I believe it's missing the RST driver and for the past day I've been...
  4. How do i install RST driver for a surface pro 3 in the windows setup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Intel RST Memory Modules and Drivers not installing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel RST Memory Modules and Drivers not installing.: Hey,I have two issues that I need help for.1. I have an Asus X407UAR Laptop. My SATA Configuration is set to `Intel RST Premium with Optane System Acceleration`. But, when I open the Intel RST app, it shows that there are no Memory Modules installed.2. I cannot install...
  6. Intel RST driver concern

Intel RST driver concern: An Intel RST driver already downloaded through WU on my desktop with a Z370 chipset. Device Manager nags with a pop up message that Intel 300 Series Chipset SATA AHCI Controller is ready to install the driver A probable cause for raised concern was found on Win-Raid : this...
  7. Intel RST Driver Question

Intel RST Driver Question: I've never been able to find an explanation...closest think was win-raid.com. My desktop has a Z270 chipset and my new Dell XPS 15 9500 has a mobile 400-series chipset. Right now I'm running Intel RST driver version 18.30.3.1148 on both. Based on what I read the 400-series...
  8. intel RST driver

intel RST driver: couldn't update Windows 10 intel rst doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-rst-driver/89c4ee5f-170d-443c-b166-4c4a8c955750
  9. Have RST Drivers but RST not installed

Have RST Drivers but RST not installed: I have three RST drivers in the \Windows\system32\drivers folder on my 6-year old HP desktop but RST is not listed in the Programs and Features list of installed software. How can I find out what these belong to and whether they will give me a problem with Win10 v1903?...
  10. Intel RST Driver

Intel RST Driver: I usually browse this forum to keep up with new driver updates and whatnot (especially all those freaking Realtek driver updates!), but I haven't seen a post about Intel RST drivers, so I'd like to let people know that Intel release a new version a little while ago:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus board install rst windows server

2. rst install usb drivers

3. Intel® RST drivers where are they located

4. install windows rst,
  5. how do i find out what rst driver i have