Windows 10: how do i install steam on a new laptop with win 11 so far i am not impressed

Discus and support how do i install steam on a new laptop with win 11 so far i am not impressed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; purchased a new laptop and so far i am not impressed with win11 I am trying to install steam on it and it will not even open the file to install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by James Campbell4, Apr 15, 2023.

1. how do i install steam on a new laptop with win 11 so far i am not impressed

purchased a new laptop and so far i am not impressed with win11 I am trying to install steam on it and it will not even open the file to install

:)

James Campbell4, Apr 15, 2023

2. Backup from Win 10 old laptop restore to new Win11 laptop

I want to buy a new laptop with win 11. QUESTION: Can I do a backup from my old win10 laptop and THEN restore into my new win 11 laptop? Could you please give all the steps? Thank you from friends.

RamaiyerSainath, Apr 15, 2023
  3. New Windows 11, many steam games will not display.

I have a new Windows 11 pc, I have Uninstalled steam, the games, reinstalled everything. I have tried using a different hard drive as well. I've read about so n e may update that turned off .net features and I followed what that article said and turned .net back on. Nothing will let most of the games play, the only game that will play is no man's sky. Don't even suggest verifying steam, or restarting the pc ior steam,,I'm well past that sort of suggestion.

Pheartok Demtar, Apr 15, 2023
  4. how do i install steam on a new laptop with win 11 so far i am not impressed

Steam

Hi Sam,

There are several reasons why you are unable to play the game that you installed using the Steam Client. It is possible that the app is corrupted or the permission settings are not enabled on your PC. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you reset the
    app.

This process can help restore corrupted game installation files. Here's how:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then click the Settings icon.
    • Select System, and then select Apps & features.
    • Find the game, and then click on Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

You may visit this
    link
    for the instructions on how to enable app permissions on your PC.

Make sure that you are using an administrator account to launch the app. If you are still experiencing the same issue, remove the
    ClientRegistry.blob file by following the steps below:

• Close the Steam Client and go to the Steam root folder or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam.
    • Look for the ClientRegistry.blob file.
    • Make a copy of the file and change it to a different file name. (for example, copy.ClientRegistry.blog)
    • Delete the original file.
    • Launch the Steam Client and run your game again.

If the issue persists, you may relocate the Steam Client by performing the steps below:

• Close the Steam Client app and go to the Steam installation folder.
    • Browse for the installation files that you would like to move.
    • Delete all of the files inside that folder except the SteamApps & Userdata and Steam.exe.
    • You may cut and paste the whole Steam installation folder to a default storage location on your PC.
    • Launch the app again and make sure to log in using your account.

After signing in, you'll need to change the default installation path for the games that you will install in the future. Here's how:

• Launch the Steam Client and go to the Settings
      menu.Select Steam Library Folders from the
      Downloads tab.
    • You may create a new path by selecting Add Library Folder. All future installations will go directly to the newly created path.
    • Right-click on the newly created path and make sure that it is set to default.

If you are still unable to play your games using the Steam Client, we recommend that you contact
    Steam Support directly for additional solutions in fixing the app and its components.

Should you have any other queries, you can contact us anytime.

Loraine Mon, Apr 15, 2023
Thema:

how do i install steam on a new laptop with win 11 so far i am not impressed

1. how do i install steam on a new laptop with win 11 so far i am not impressed - Similar Threads - install steam laptop

2. How to stop BSOD, I got it twice so far

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop BSOD, I got it twice so far: So, I got 2 BSOD blue screen of death one as on 12/5 and one on 12/10 I can see event viewer but cant seem to figure out what's causing it can someone help me DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION...
  3. how do i install steam on a new laptop with win 11 so far i am not impressed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i install steam on a new laptop with win 11 so far i am not impressed: purchased a new laptop and so far i am not impressed with win11 I am trying to install steam on it and it will not even open the file to install...
  4. Windows 11 fails to impress Steam users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 fails to impress Steam users: Yesterday we took a look at some comparative benchmarking tests on identical PCs with one running Windows 10 and the other running Windows 11. The results showed that there was not a significant performance upgrade attached to the newer operating system. Today, we are...
  5. So I was loading up steam and this happened how do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So I was loading up steam and this happened how do I fix it?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/JeebDreeb [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mj97h8/so_i_was_loading_up_steam_and_this_happened_how/
  6. Why am I unable to redownload steam onto my new laptop?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why am I unable to redownload steam onto my new laptop?: I have a few games through steam that I had bought, and it's frustrating that I am limited to only what's available in the Microsoft store, when what I want isn't even THERE. And sure, there may be some 'alternate options' in the store, but I personally don't trust them to...
  7. Finally installed Win 10, not impressed

in Windows 10 Support
    Finally installed Win 10, not impressed: I finally installed Win10 on one of my PC's. My first impression is its Windows 8, but in my case without metro. I like the Start8, which makes Win 8 work like Win 7 better than the start menu in Win 10. Jack 3072
  8. SO far I am happy with windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Support
    SO far I am happy with windows 10 pro: I have an older HP laptop... it is a hp Compaq nc6400. the fet windows 10 app said that the machine was not compatible with windows 10 due to the ati radeon x1300 graphics adapter. I was looking at craigslist in my area last night and saw the same machine listed for sale for...
  9. Impressed so far

in Windows 10 Support
    Impressed so far: The upgrade had a hiccup but I've been very pleased with Windows 10 so far My observations ... All programs and hardware work with no modifications (was running 8.1) Full screen apps are manageable from standard PC desktop Like the new UI style, multiple desktops, task...
  10. Hi, my impressions so far

in Windows 10 Support
    Hi, my impressions so far: I've installed Win 10 on two PC's, one a clean install and another upgraded Windows 8.1 on an old Atom based machine. No real major dramas so far, everything seems snappier than Windows 8.1 and much better than Windows 7, which I rarely use anymore. I've had a couple of...