Windows 10: How do I install the LinkSys WMP54GS Network Adapter under Windows 10?

Discus and support How do I install the LinkSys WMP54GS Network Adapter under Windows 10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am posting this question in order to post the solution that worked for me. Linksys does not have any support for the WMP54GS PCI Network Adapter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SAGB - MCET, Mar 25, 2020.

1. How do I install the LinkSys WMP54GS Network Adapter under Windows 10?

I am posting this question in order to post the solution that worked for me.

Linksys does not have any support for the WMP54GS PCI Network Adapter anymore, so someone may find this useful.

I found that the following worked for me Microsoft - If you see this, please add compatibility for this device :

1. To install LinkSys WMP54GS wireless Network Adapter in Windows 10:
    2. Right click on the driver in Device Manager and select update driver.
    3. Select "Brows my computer for driver software"
    4. Select "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer"
    5. Uncheck compatible devices
    6. Select "Linksys, a division of Cisco Systems, Inc."
    7. Select the "Linksys WMP600N Wireless-N PCI Adapter with Dual Band" device driver, ignore the warning and install anyway. Please note that this driver will not start the hardware
    8. After it errors out trying to start the device, right click on the driver in Device Manager and select "Update Driver".
    9. Select "Search automatically for updated driver software" If you try this first - before following this procedure, the Broadcom driver Windows selects does not work
      Windows will then download a compatible driver. It will install and activate a different "Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter" driver.

The device should now work.

:)

SAGB - MCET, Mar 25, 2020
  2. worksonPC Win User

Linksys WMP54GS v 1.1 Windows 10 64 bit

6/27/2016 had to change drivers for my GS v 1.1 as it would not connect.
    Windows could list and show router signals but would not connect.
    Did not find a WMP54GS in the search
    Restored PC then picked the driver below.
    Went to device manager and updated the driver (over the driver windows picked)
    For the model WMP54GS V1.1 (pci card) windows 10 (64bit) Broadcom 4318EKFBG chip used driver: Broadcom (microsoft) 5.100.245.200 date 3/14/2012
    Aafter selecting Show non compatible drivers found ...
    displays just "802.11g Network adapter"
    My linksys model GS was made 08/2007. Connecting to this page with the WMP54GS V1.1 good luck all!

Just wanted to share the fix!

worksonPC, Mar 25, 2020
  3. WayneOgg Win User
    Wireless Adapter

I have a Linksys WMP54G wireless adapter installed in a Dell Dual Core desktop. Running Windows 10 home version 1511. Adapter is active (packets sent and received) but not logged onto the LAN. I have never gotten a prompt to provide the LAN password. I
    have tried disabling and reenabling the adapter, uninstalling and reinstalling, pretty much every suggestion I found in older threads. Nothing worked. Ethernet connection is working fine.

WayneOgg, Mar 25, 2020
  4. 珂李2 Win User

How do I install the LinkSys WMP54GS Network Adapter under Windows 10?

Linksys WUSB600N V2 wireless adapter: Windows 10 installs wrong driver(follow-up)

ArieHome start a discussion about Linksys WUSB600N on Windows 10.

Linksys WUSB600N
    adapter: Windows 10 installs wrong driver

but, it was locked.

I have the same problem as ArieHome, but more worse. So I can only start a new discussion.

I want to using a Linksys WUSB600N V2 wireless adapter on a clean installation Windows 10 Version 1803 PC. Windows auto installed the driver, and the adapter can not scan ANY SSID at all, as ArieHome mentioned.

I followed ArieHome's step to force Windows using the drivers from linksys support web page

WUSB600N Downloads

This is how to force the driver update by using "Have Disk":

Open Device Manager

Right click on wireless network adapter and choose Properties

Driver TAB and click Update driver

Select Browse my computer for driver software

Choose let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer

Select the proper wireless adapter

Now CLICK on HAVE DISK...

Browse to your 3.2.1 driver folder, select the inf file and click Next

The driver replaced normally, but dosn't work at all. No matter whether Windows 7 Driver Ver.3.1.12.0 or Windows Vista Driver Ver.3.2.1.0,
    the adapter can not scan ANY SSID as Windows 10 auto install MediaTek 5.1.16.0 Driver.

珂李2, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

How do I install the LinkSys WMP54GS Network Adapter under Windows 10?

1. How do I install the LinkSys WMP54GS Network Adapter under Windows 10? - Similar Threads - install LinkSys WMP54GS

2. HOW TO INSTALL NETWORK ADAPTER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW TO INSTALL NETWORK ADAPTER: Hi. I have a problem to connect Wifi with my laptop. So I decide to uninstall network adapter. After that I trouble shoot the problem and it's said that "Windows could not find a driver for your network adapter". I already tried to install the network adapter but it doesnt...
  3. HOW TO INSTALL NETWORK ADAPTER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW TO INSTALL NETWORK ADAPTER: Hi. I have a problem to connect Wifi with my laptop. So I decide to uninstall network adapter. After that I trouble shoot the problem and it's said that "Windows could not find a driver for your network adapter". I already tried to install the network adapter but it doesnt...
  4. HOW TO INSTALL NETWORK ADAPTER

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How do I reinstall network adapter?

How do I reinstall network adapter?: So I was having issues connecting my computer to my home wifi I was having issues with DNS and getaway, I was told I can uninstall the network adapter and reinstall it, but it wasn’t appearing anywhere. I’ve tried resetting the pc, doing network reset, doing the trouble shoot...
  6. How do I install a missing network adapter driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I install a missing network adapter driver?: Recently I bought a pc that I’ve been waiting for. It had just arrived yesterday and so I got to work to set it up. When I got to the stage to connect my Ethernet cable to the pc and then my router it wouldn’t detect it. I tried to troubleshoot and it said “windows did not...
  7. How do I install a missing network adapter driver?

How do I install a missing network adapter driver?: Recently I bought a pc that I’ve been waiting for. It had just arrived yesterday and so I got to work to set it up. When I got to the stage to connect my Ethernet cable to the pc and then my router it wouldn’t detect it. I tried to troubleshoot and it said “windows did not...
  8. How do I install a missing network adapter driver?

9. linksys bluetooth network adapter

linksys bluetooth network adapter: what does the network adapter actualy do? So what is the Why we have it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linksys-bluetooth-network-adapter/51090549-8ef8-45ce-9964-8f0cbce47fa6
  10. Linksys WMP54GS v 1.1 Windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Linksys WMP54GS v 1.1 Windows 10 64 bit: 6/27/2016 had to change drivers for my GS v 1.1 as it would not connect. Windows could list and show router signals but would not connect. Did not find a WMP54GS in the search Restored PC then picked the driver below. Went to device manager and updated the driver (over...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wmp54gs v1.0 cd