Windows 10: How do I install the Microsoft Generic Audio Driver?

Discus and support How do I install the Microsoft Generic Audio Driver? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I install the Microsoft Generic Audio Driver? I'm having problems with my current Realtek audio driver so I need to test out the microsoft one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by desbest, Jan 7, 2021.

1. desbest Win User

How do I install the Microsoft Generic Audio Driver?

I'm having problems with my current Realtek audio driver so I need to test out the microsoft one for debugging.
    I'm using Windows 10 20H2

:)

desbest, Jan 7, 2021

2. Dolby Audio driver

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • When are you facing this issue with the drivers?
    • Have you installed all the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website for current operating system?

I suggest you to uninstall the existing Audio drivers, download the latest drivers for your device and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the Audio driver.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on the driver and click on
      Uninstall.

Step 2: I suggest you to manually install the latest audio drivers and check.

Download the latest drivers from: Lenovo Support for g500

Select the driver and operating system to download.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa to install the latest driver:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 7, 2021
  3. Installing old Windows 7 Microsoft generic USB Audio drivers on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I’ll certainly help you with this.

This issue may occur due to outdated drivers. Let's try the following methods and check.

Method 1: Run Recording Audio Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows 10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the recording audio devices and its settings. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo and type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Recording Audio”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If this does not help, then let’s try updating the sound card drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Method 2:
    Update the Sound Card Drivers.

Step 1: Check the Windows updates for any latest driver updates.

• Press Windows key and type
      Check for updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Install the available updates.

Step 2: Try updating the drivers from the Device Manager.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager”.
    • Search for the Sound Card from the device list and right click on it and select “Update Driver Software”.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the installation of the latest driver.
    • If no driver updates are available, you may also search for the updated sound card drivers in the “Drivers” and “DriverStore” folders in the location “C:/Windows/System32” by selecting the option “Browse my computer for
      Driver Software”.

Hope this will help you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Jan 7, 2021
  4. Fidel Win User

Generic Audio Driver Issue

I tried updating drivers, un and reinstall them didn't work. When I run the troubleshoot it says I have a GENERIC AUDIO DRIVER issue....anybody have any suggestions to how I can fix this?

How do I install the Microsoft Generic Audio Driver? [​IMG]

Fidel, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

1. How do I install the Microsoft Generic Audio Driver? - Similar Threads - install Microsoft Generic

2. How do I reinstall USB generic audio driver USB audio device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reinstall USB generic audio driver USB audio device?: HelloI accidently uninstalled the USB generic audio driver a few months ago. As result, I couldn't hear any sound coming from my PC nor use a mic. One of my family members decided to use a 3rd party software to backup to the last backup we did for this PC. Up until now, I can...
  3. Generic audio driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Generic audio driver: Hi, there, I’m having problem with my laptop. I have generic audio driver as one of my problem. I don’t how what cause it or have to fix the problem. Can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-audio-driver/c2b092a8-c72b-46af-91d6-4e92cb4d69a1
  4. Generic audio driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Generic audio driver: Hi, there, I’m having problem with my laptop. I have generic audio driver as one of my problem. I don’t how what cause it or have to fix the problem. Can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-audio-driver/c2b092a8-c72b-46af-91d6-4e92cb4d69a1
  5. generic audio driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    generic audio driver: generic audio driver hi my sound of laptop have problem and its error is generic audio driver .how to i can solv it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-audio-driver/f66988d3-39c7-4ceb-9394-8c790936d1b3
  6. How do I install the Microsoft Generic Audio Driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I install the Microsoft Generic Audio Driver?: How do I install the Microsoft Generic Audio Driver? I'm having problems with my current Realtek audio driver so I need to test out the microsoft one for debugging....
  7. Generic Audio Driver

Generic Audio Driver: ive tried to uninstall my audio and reinstall drivers i have even factory reset my pc but every time i trouble shoot my sound it says problem found generic audio driver...
  8. generic audio driver

generic audio driver: how do i fix this[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-audio-driver/73a3d74d-c8f7-4b7c-8527-d2ab9d45ba1f
  9. generic audio driver

generic audio driver: How do i fix the generic audio driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-audio-driver/1b754d9a-46e6-425b-9bf2-2178c8b33e71
  10. generic audio driver.

generic audio driver.: Hi I have problem with my windows 10 that i can not hear the sound form my tv when i connection my laptop with my tv. ant the troubleshoot sound problem tell me that i have a problem is it generic audio driver. I updated Windows and checked all the updates as you cleared...